[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is MacBook Pro the most perfect, comfiest laptop/computing experience?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

Is MacBook Pro the most perfect, comfiest laptop/computing experience?

When I was 15, I had a gaming laptop so I could play the latest vidya all day. Of course, it was windows.

Now that I’m 25, have a job, girlfriend and social life, I have a MacBook Pro.
>>
File: 1418671054260.jpg (26KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1418671054260.jpg
26KB, 375x523px
>>
I'm 25, have a job, a wife, a house and two children. I run Windows on my desktop, Debian in VMware and Ubuntu on a Thinkpad. I think I'm in a pretty good spot. Therefore, fuck Macbooks.
>>
File: 1484054342516.jpg (84KB, 500x624px) Image search: [Google]
1484054342516.jpg
84KB, 500x624px
>>62355805
Are mactoddlers the most autistic, brainlet consumer sheep?

When mactoddlers are 15, they jam their iphone up their ass all day and play angrybirds. Of course, it was angrybirdsOS.

Now that they're 25, they have a McJob flipping McBurgers, a boyfriend and "social life", they have a Throttlebook "Pro".
>>
>>62355974
>>62356029
>all this jealousy
There there, if you work hard enough you’ll earn more money and will find yourself buying apple products.

Trust me, I was once in your spot. I had a windows desktop, android phone and android tablet. I was a poor student with very little income.

I then got a job with high starting salary (which has more than doubled since).

It started off with the iPhone. “I’m just giving apple a try”, I told myself. Then I got another iPhone. Then an iPad Pro to replace my tablet. Then an Apple Watch. Next Ill like get an iMac.
>>
>>62356109
S-shut up!
>>
File: 1504723082573.jpg (805KB, 800x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1504723082573.jpg
805KB, 800x2500px
>>62356109
>bragging about apple products

Spotted the poorfag.
>>
>>62356109
>>62355805
Good lads, I hope you both drive Teslas, like myself. Everybody knows Tesla is like the Apple of automakers.
>>
>>62356151
>How the wealthy show off
>>
Did we actually have gaming laptops 10 years ago? c2d gaming laptops?
>>
>>62355805
>>62356109
(You)
>>
I fell for the fanless lightweight meme and bought the 12 inch macbook. Never had a mac, hated using OSX when it had the colored gem buttons.
I'm addicted to the way the maximize button works as a full screen button for any window, and that you can flip between them with 3 fingers on the touchpad. The click of the touchpad is everything blackberry storm should have been. The keys feel so different but once you become accustomed it's really comfy and low strain.
I often lie supine with the hinge fully open, keyboard vertically resting on my chest, touch typing with my normal fingering for right hand and thumb only for left hand (with some errors), holding the device between my left pinky and fingers. Screen diagonally above and in front of my face. It's comfy hardware. Fast enough for minecraft and Bloodlines, the only games I play. The heat sink capability does suck. Screen is excellent, no eye strain at all, and you can download a tool to run at higher resolutions. The touchpad, max button for full screen, and three finger swap window feature together make flipping among multiple PDFs for studying intuitive and convenient.
With all that said, I'll be going back to Linux once I'm through with school.
>>
>>62356325
Yes, alienware was a thing
>>
>>62357488
Another big plus is the audio. It has a fantastic speaker, and there is zero hiss from the headphone port like I had with my netbooks before. So yeah it's overpriced and slow but everything else about it is well above average. The backlight gets a lot dimmer than the average too. Screen, keyboard, thinness, durability, touchpad, speaker, headphone jack quality, battery life, weight, and student geared UI make it well suited for me. I only need the USB adapter when I connect my android phone every couple months.
The big minus is software. FF runs slow. You're limited to Chromium stuff and Opera. Opera is the winner. No convenient package manager. They have their "app store" which is full of devs who want big $$$$.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.