[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Tor a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: kek.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kek.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
I just try Tails live cd and doesn’t matter how many times I ask for a new identity it always connects to a Germany server first. (I have tried about 20 min)

I restarted and select Spanish as lang and exactly the same happened but with now it always connects to a US server first…

Looks more like a honeypot kek
>>
File: 1503931537946.png (495KB, 2672x2320px) Image search: [Google]
1503931537946.png
495KB, 2672x2320px
>>62353575
>>
yes

But to be fair its about you more than it is about tor. People get caught doing illegal shit on Tor because they did stupid things (be the only Tor user on a network, disclose personal identifiable information, log into the same account in and out of tor, etc). Also there's that whole CIA/MIT made Tor thing.

If you want to go full anti-botnet, there is no easy fix. All modern processors have phone home botnets that you can't uninstall no matter what OS is running. We might be looking at a future where only retroware is free.
>>
>>62353772
Three is any sane alternative? Freenet or i2p maybe?
>>
>>62353772
>in the future we will be putting together clustercomputers of core2duos for libre computer use
>>
>>62354696
>in the future our servers will be orbiting earth making it too costly to take down
>>
>>62354746
lazers?
>>
>>62353575
Tor is a honeypot, don't trust them, use another network
>>
Use tails with default or slider settings
It's not rocket science

Don't have entry and exit nodes in the same country
Avoid us nodes

Entry nodes were common for a while since it's harder to to correlation attack if more people consistently used the same gateway
>>
File: given up.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
given up.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>>62354765
My life's work has been foiled.
>>
>>62354691
anonymity involves many things, its not just downloading tor browser bundle and running it

if you want to be anonymous you first have to plan ahead on how to achieve that, from obtaining bitcoin in anonymous manner, getting multiple vps in different countries, setting up tor, vpn, freenet nodes, ftp servers, using custom software, setting up wifi with relays so you can access your network securely
thats alot of planning and a single mistake or a shortcut can expose everything
>>
>>62353748
This is retarded and produced by someone who lacks a functional understanding of computer science.
>>62353575
Tor works fine, but you have to understand how the network routes traffic, first of all. But, you're probably a retard, given you completely lack any kind of understanding of why it doesn't matter what your entry node is.
So go on being a retarded.
>>
File: Untitled.png (76KB, 1681x901px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
76KB, 1681x901px
>>62353575
Use a free country that respects your freedoms, you dumb fuck. Stop using united cuck nations.
>>
>>62353575
It's called a guard node. It actual enhances your privacy because it reduces the chance of you connecting to an entry and guard node owned by the same people. Restart tails and it'll give you a new one.
>>
Tails routes slightly differently than Tor Browser, it should be keeping the entry node longer than usual. Don't remember reasoning.
>>
File: nsa_smiley.jpg (13KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
nsa_smiley.jpg
13KB, 800x600px
>>62353575
By rigging it to connect to Germany first, they've set it up so they can watch you under FISA provisions and probably unmask you.
>>
>>62355616
That doesn't sound very private
>>
>>62355516
>Russian botnet
D R O P P E D
>>
Yes, Tor is fucking garbage used by retards.
>>
>>62353575
the first server changes only after some time or if your ip changes.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.