[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC speakers/studio monitors thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: file.png (1MB, 1200x747px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1200x747px
Leave your autism at the door. Let's get one of these threads going.

Do you prefer PC speakers or studio monitors?
>>
I use a pair of Polk bookshelf speakers.
>>
i use these:

http://www.neumann-kh-line.com/neumann-kh/home_en.nsf/root/prof-monitoring_studio-monitors_nearfield-monitors_KH120A

also, your monitors probably sound like shit if you just put on them on your desk and don't raise them to ear level
>>
>>62349747
>he lets cosmic rays alter his listening experience by having his speakers in front of the window
>>
>>62349820
this
even worse than having a rigid reflective surface directly behind and under your speakers
>>
i use the ascend acoustics cbm170 SE on my desk and the q acoustics 3020 on my tv
>>
File: crop_small.jpg (1MB, 1536x1671px) Image search: [Google]
crop_small.jpg
1MB, 1536x1671px
>>62349747
Yeah, I prefer speakers. I'm using a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 and a BK Electronics Gemini II sub for the low-end, since the fairly small speakers don't do much in terms of sub-bass.
>>
Should I get a Sonos? Want a set of speakers for my room and record player but for less than £300
>>
>>62349747
I still don't really get the point of these classifications
some people work on hifi speakers, some listen casually on pro monitors
if it's a good speaker you can monitor on it, if it's a speaker you like you can enjoy it
>>
Equator D5's and never going back. Super rich and detailed, I've got bigger consumer speakers in the living room for parties and movies, but I use monitors for everything on my PC
>>
>>62350291
yeah, one of my d8 broke like a year ago
I kinda miss them, great speakers for an incredible price, especially when they were first released
>>
LSR305 on sale are probably the best deal in audio. Bought one a couple years ago and never felt the need to upgrade.
>>
Monitors are for try hards who would rather spend $400 on their computer speakers than $1000 on a proper full room setup.

PC speakers are for poor people who hate music.

Headphones are for poor people who like music.

Bookshelf speakers are for sensible people who want to spend a reasonable amount of money on actual speakers but without being dumb and wasteful about it because they know they aren't music producers who need the most perfect and boring sound reproduction possible.
>>
currently using a pair of Paradigm 9se mk3s with a NAD C320BEE for my desktop setup (live with parents, moving out probably around Christmas, just graduated), I'm probably going to get monitors depending how big my new place is. I'm leaning towards either LSR305s or Rokit 5s. I've never owned powered speakers before, only passive, and I've only used tower speakers for the majority of the past few years, so going to 5" bookshelves is gonna suck

>>62351058
>this whole post
I agree on the 2nd and 3rd points, but audio is a hobby and like any hobby, different situations lead to different outcomes. there's a ton of people who have full monoblock setups but also have powered monitors, and there's also people who spend $2000 on bookshelf speakers. some people want the best, regardless of how much they need it, and others want a simple setup that just werkz
>>
hs8. thinking of getting the matching sub but idk if it will be over kill or not
>>
>>62350286
same here
>>
>>62350286
Genuine powered monitors are usually set up to produce a sound much differently than normal speakers. They are intended to be more flat.
>>
I'm having a pair of KRK (shit speaker, I know) just sitting on my desk for a few years now just because I'm too poor to get an interface for it.

What cheap interface /g/ recommended? I need it mainly just to adjusting the volume and having a digital output.

Is Behringer's stuff okay?
>>
>>62350280
lepai + that /g/ bookshelf speakers.
>>
>buying profesional gear just to listen to yt
>using pc speakers to listen to music
>not using any old busted 90s Sony hi-fi stereo with AUX IN working for $5 at a garage sale

Whats wrong with you?
>>
>>62351432
I just don't see it. most affordable 'monitors' are just as far from flat as your typical monitor audio or dali bookshelf speakers are
>>
What's the next logical increment upgrade from klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers?
>>
>>62351758
there is no such thing as logical increments since casual audio is highly subjective
go to a store and compare some stuff
>>
>>62350280
in amazon.co.uk you can buy the q acoustics 3020 plus the smsl q5 pro for under £300
when you have more money you can add a sub
>>
>>62350280
I'm not sure why you'd want a wireless multiroom streaming thingy for a turntable and how you'd even connect it
>>
File: 20170904_014947.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170904_014947.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
who here actually has a job and can afford decent audio equipment?
>>
>>62353938
>who here actually has a job
Yes.
>and can afford decent audio equipment?
No.
>>
>>62353938
i can afford something much better than i have already but don't have the room to make it worth it
>>
>>62352079
That's ideal, what subwoofer would fit well if I were to stretch another 100-120?
>>
>>62354312
if you don't mind buying refurbished then this for £100:
http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-19539-wharfedale-diamond-sw150-subwoofer-b-grade.aspx
you can also buy it new there for £150 as it's on sale right now
>>
>>62352226
the sonos play 5 has a line-in, you connect the turntable through that
>>
File: DSCF8094.jpg (2MB, 3840x2560px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF8094.jpg
2MB, 3840x2560px
>>62353938
Me. Studio monitors are the way to go, if you ask me. Once you've got them properly mounted and connected, there really isn't much that sounds better.
>>
File: 41aXw5OM6KL.jpg (20KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
41aXw5OM6KL.jpg
20KB, 500x326px
>>62349747
I've had these bad boys for 7 years.

Logitech Z313 Speaker System.

Unless I live in house with a bigger space, i dont think it would be worth getting studio speakers. Plus I dont mix or record music.
>>
>>62355031
5-inch monitors aren't all that big.
>>
>>62355094
Captain Obvious
>>
>>62354846
Don't forget the phono preamp
>>
Anyone recommend me something for ~$60us? I could probably go up to $100, but I'm no audiofile so I'm not really trying to spend that much. I was thinking the Z333.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.