[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My company says to use Outlook for Android + Microsoft Intune

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

My company says to use Outlook for Android + Microsoft Intune for mobile email access... they make no mention of using third party applications, but they pretty straight forwardly say to use Outlook + Intune.

But Outlook sucks big time. I prefer to use 9folders, which works even without Intune.

I realize they 'could' check to see whether I was actually using Outlook... but...

Do they care? Should they care? Should I care?

Should I use 9folders, or fall in line and use Outlook?
>>
>>62344347
Use what your company wants you to use, they set the shit up and know what works. Why are you even asking this here. Copypaste your op in an email to your IT department faget.
>>
>>62344347
Because asking IT is like roulette... I might get a cool guy and he will say yeah sure no problem, or I might get an up tight guy and he will say no way use Outlook.
>>
I like her breasts.
>>
who is this semen demon?
>>
>>62344347
If the backend is Exchange, and I'm guessing it is, likely in the form of Office365, then as long as the client supports MAPI or runs via OWA, it shouldn't matter what client you use.

Protocols (POP, IMAP) are likely disabled either by policy for the user, or globally for the server.

Which reminds me, I need to give Thunderbird another shot at Exchange integration.
>>
>>62345656
>her
>>
>>62344347
My phone: my rules.
If the company wants to force me to use application X they'll have to supply me with a device for that
>>
>>62344511
>I might get a cool guy and he will say yeah sure no problem, or I might get an up tight guy and he will say no way use Outlook.

If you have people who say "no way" then you might get in trouble later if you use 9folders. If you get someone who said "sure" then you can pass on the responsability. Unless you can pass on the responsability or unless you are in a position to decide what to use then do as you are told.
>>
>>62346251
Kill yourself, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>62346320
>he didn't get free phone with all the corp bullshit already installed
LOL
>>
>>62346320
Compelling argument you make here anon.
One day, when you'll be skilled enough to negotiate your salary and work conditions, and have your proposal accepted, you'll stop being a wagecuck and you'll understand too.
>>
>>62344347
who is that tranny?
>>
>>62347750
there's a button on your mouse to the right of the left one
>>
>>62344347
> Do they care?
No.
> Should they care?
No.
> Should I care?
Yes.
See, Outlook is the only client which works with the additional Exchange capabilities, such as meetings, calendar ad tasks from MS Project. If your company uses Exchange only for mail, it's a waste of money. Actually nobody in the company would care if you use telnet to get your mail, tasks and meetings list, as long as you can do your work.
>>
>>62344347
9folders is the best exchange client period. Tell your boss to fuck off.
>>
>>62346076
9folders supports Office365, and the calendar, tasks, and all that other shit. Outlook for Android is missing a lot of basic features that 9folders has, not to mention the advanced ones.
>>
>>62344511
>ywn suckle these swollen milkers.
>>
>>62350973
stop bumping without pics dammit
>>
>>62344347
I'm a simple man
I see tits
I upvote
>>
>>
>>62346022
Don't call her that
>>
>>62352451
>her
>>
B E W B Z
E
W
B
Z
>>
>>62352129
I'm a simple man
I see I'm a simple man
I >>>>>>reddit
>>
>>62353006
someone doesn't like milkies I see
luckily enough there are boards for you as well
>>
>>62346251
thats not how it works. if they require you to have a mobile device and you do not own one, they can be forced to buy it for you.

if you want to access company resources, you follow their rules. 100% nothing against forcing people to use X app on their phone if they can provide the app, which in this case they can.

whoever runs the email would laugh you out of the room for saying 'buy me a new phone because im not installing outlook on it'
>>
>>62353072
>>
>>62344347
>>62344511
>>62352383
Who are these sperm germs
>>
>>62353072
A desire for large breasts might be because you miss your moms breast.
Do you secretly wanna fuck your mom? ;-)
>>
>>62353520
You don't?
>>
>>62353520
>secretly
>>
>>62353594
i just wanna interject for a moment i too wanna fook his mom
>>
>>62344347
Stop being an autist and do what they say. When everyone is using the same system, things are much more likely to work properly.
>>
>>62353520
Freud pls
>>
>>62352451
Ok...who is this big tittied whore?
>>
>>62354742
if you are fine with goog having all the links to the instawhores you fap to, you can find her easy with their image search
>>
I'm pretty sure 9folders uploads your email to their servers.

Can't see any employer being happy with that.
>>
>>62356229

I don't use my personal email account with 9folders, and it can segregate everything while still showing calendar and contact items in native Android applications.

>>62356229
>>
>>62344511
I wanna fuck those tits until my cock bleeds.
>>
Unless your company uses some private protocols for their email, I don's see why a good ol' FOSS client like Thunderbird couldn't do the job.
>>
>>62356330
They are just security conscious I think. They require Intune to be installed, but not registered. I think Intune being installed but not registered simply allows for data encryption of the Outlook data.
>>
>>62356388
If that's the case, I honestly don't blame them.
It's much better to worry too much about security rather than not enough.
>>
>>62353163
>whoever runs the email would laugh you out of the room for saying 'buy me a new phone because im not installing outlook on it'
Or they might direct you to the process for acquiring a company phone. It is not exactly unusual for an employer to provide one.
>>
>>62356388
If it was me I would not install shit like that on my personal phone.
For my employer I just login using office 365.
>>
>>62344511

Thank the gods for Bessie - and her tits!
>>
>>62357000
If you don't register the app, it doesn't give all the nasty permission. No way would I enable the full features of what Intune can do... It basically totally owns your device. I think the reason they require it is to enable encryption or data protection features for Outlook. Curiously, 9folders doesn't need Intune to work correctly. Why would that be?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.