[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /g/ feel about Solus? It it worth using over something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: solus.png (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
solus.png
32KB, 512x512px
How does /g/ feel about Solus? It it worth using over something Arch or Debian based? How comfy is Budgie?
>>
budgie on its own is shit and the customization is garbage. don't know about the rest of it.
>>
fuck off Kevin

I use it because it's the only distro that isn't full of autism.
>>
>>62342772
How so? It's fully themable to my knowledge. Can't be any worse than KDE or Gnome
>>
>>62342624
only kevin uses solus
>>
>>62342888
Might have just been a fucked up package, I was on arch and got it via AUR.
>>
>>62342963
Probably was, or the install fucked up somehow
>>
>>62342624
it just werks desu
>>
>>62342624
>or Debian based?
Debian is based.
>>
>>62342963
I've tried budgie from the solus install and AUR, and the AUR definitely had some problems, but the only real annoyance was lack of any animations that makes budgie so comfy.
>>
>>62342624
It's good.
I like it, try it before you decide to like or dislike it though.
>>
Was guy complaining about lack of customizations in budgie over AUR package:

K you've all convinced me, I'll give solus a try.
>>
>>62342624
budgie is best DE besides xfce
>>
After I installed nvidia drivers through the GUI and restarted it I had no picture so it ain't that great.
>>
>>62345104
I had to install the nvidia drivers if I wanted to boot without that force-no-config flag on nouvoue. Did you blacklist nouvoie after installing?
>>
>>62342624
I tried solus but a basic feature such as mpv on samba refused to work so i got rid of it.
>>
>>62345592
PEBCAK
>>
Works well, budgie is a pretty comfy DE, its stable,...
Can't complain
>>
Hi Kevin
>>
>>62342624
>Solus
It is the current distribution I am using I like it becuase it is simple and is not making you always put up with bullshit. The only problem I have with it is that I can't fucking use my PGP private key and that isn't the systems fault it is my fault for being a moron.

>Budgie
Budgie is a nice idea, I like the approach that they are taking with it, but it needs more work and more customization. Until they clean it I'll would just say that you stick with the GNOME version.

Overall: good distro, install it.
>>
>>62342624
fuck, I just installed fedora 26 but i will give it a try in a live environment and maybe i will install it. I like that its rolling release and budgie looks easy for a computer illiterate person (meaning they are used to windows) so if somebody else uses my computer they will feel right at home
>>
>>62342772
Budgie is nice, though. Might not be as customisable as you want it to be (coming from a Xfce fan), but claiming it is shit is a bit silly. Looks nice, works very identical to Windows, etc.

>>62342898
At least we're two.
>>
Budgie is the only good thing about solus.

Gcc is borked and I get ICEs constantly when using -j4. Can't even compile llvm. Mesa is fucked right now on gcn1.0 gpus. Xorg sometimes segfaults at boot time. Chrome and firefox both crash randomly and there has been no attempt to fix them.

... I guess this sums it up.
>>
Had no real issues with solos apart from these.
>poor support for displays with different dpis
>no cuda support
>>
>>62352673
>everything is broken

So... like every other distro, then?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.