[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>anon you have until the end of the day to write down all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: jpg.jpg (47KB, 1000x772px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
47KB, 1000x772px
>anon you have until the end of the day to write down all of the reasons why this company should stick to windows and not move to linux
>>
>>62337088
its pretty obvious you dont actually have a job if you think that is a question that goes along with that image
>>
>>62337088
> why this company should stick to windows and not move to linux
It's the other way around.
>>
Normies wouldn't get anything done on Linux. They'd complain that it's too different and difficult.
>>
File: reasons.jpg (535KB, 810x1024px) Image search: [Google]
reasons.jpg
535KB, 810x1024px
> here's my list
>>
Sweet, taking the day off
>>
>>62337088
>M-muh games
>>
>>62337182
U made a mistake
That's the back of the paper
>>
>>62337088
because our company can't afford support for linux duh
>>
>>62337121
Bullshit. I know a guy who did transfer his entire company to Linux because he couldn't deal with the lack of support for a legally purchased Windows. He thought, "well, there's no guaranteed support anyway, so why would I want to pay thousands of dollars for Windows". After 6 months his employees worked with LInux just fine. They need to relearn every interaction with GUI anyway after every other Windows release.
>>
>It's fine
>>
>>62337683
>things that never happened
>>
>>62337754
I'd be a fool if I thought I can convince everybody here.
I believe him because he's the kind of guy who can pull it off.
>>
>>62337683
So what the hell do people at his company do? Use Chrome all day? That's about the only thing that works as well in Linux as it does in Windows. Any work related program you would use on Linux is crippled in comparison to Windows.
>>
File: Mobius Strip.jpg (88KB, 1328x824px) Image search: [Google]
Mobius Strip.jpg
88KB, 1328x824px
>>62337608
>>
My boss wanted to install linux, but we had to stick with windows. Unfortunately, the software we use is not available in linux.
>>
>>62337916
lmao (You)
>>
File: never_install_gentoo.png (163KB, 490x495px) Image search: [Google]
never_install_gentoo.png
163KB, 490x495px
>>62337916
>>
>>62337916

This is absolutely nonsense. There are many programs that work even better on Linux.

The only things I can think of are MS Office (which is better than Libre Office) or Photoshop. But design fags use mac anyway.
>>
File: Capture+_2017-09-09-17-03-25.png (189KB, 450x470px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-09-09-17-03-25.png
189KB, 450x470px
>>62337876
>No proof even from your friend , just him telling you and you blindly believe

Sounds like your a trustworthy source
>>
>>62338738

Obviously you didn't understand what he is saying, sperglord:

If you use a GUI on Linux, it can distract you from working, the command line is better for that.

It's similar to cooks that cook high class food all day and prefer mc donald's after work (which is not unusual): You make a distinction between fun and work.
>>
>>62338738
>Cherry picking the first half of the article to fit your narrative
Fuck off
>>
>>62338818

i3-gaps is fine. Have i3-gaps and terminals and web browsers and you can just focus on work.
>>
>>62338787
What should he do? Hire him?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.