[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>P=NP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: madman laughing.gif (3MB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
madman laughing.gif
3MB, 300x219px
>P=NP
>>
>>62326207
>this kills the cryptography
>>
That kid graduated this year, good for you
>>
It's obvious P != NP

It's just not obvious to prove.
>>
>P=NP
>P/P=N
>1=N
Computer science btfo
>>
>>62326625
What if there are no extraterrestrial signals because every advanced civilization eventually discovers that P is in fact not equal to NP and then ensuing chaos ruins their civilization piece by piece like falling dominoes????
>>
>>62326695
You mean equal?

The vast majority of researchers believe P is not equal to NP. If that were to be proven, then not much would change.

If P was proven to be equal to NP then we would be fucked.
>>
There was a paper on boolean circuits that showed this was not the case.

It has since been retracted as it made it possible to yield a contradiction to another theorem that was shown to be true.

It's taken an exponential amount of time to try and prove this, yet we are always able to verify the claim was wrong. Can't we just say that P != NP and call it a day?
>>
>>62326815
Most of the field has already settled this. At this point it's just proving it for the sake of proving it.
>>
>>62326681
>>P=NP
>>P/P=N
Those might not be equivalent, retard. Get back to your math class
>>
>>62326804
> fucked

Wouldn't such a discovery be the best thing for us in history? Think of all the doors which would be unlocked.
>>
>>62326953
It would render encryption useless.
>>
>>62326953
On the one side yes, on the other side every fuckin crypto algorithm would have to be reinvented
>>
>>62326625
this.

P=NP is wishful thinking of idiots who think every problem can be verified, which is complete bullshit.

The same sort of people who think P=NP are the same kind of people who think that we could upload human brains into computers one day.
>>
File: hacker.jpg (122KB, 1500x1120px) Image search: [Google]
hacker.jpg
122KB, 1500x1120px
>>62326988
>>62326625
What kind of retard are you?
As long as it ain't proven, it can't be obvious. l2prove, niggers.
>>
>>62327476
then prove me right and get a noble prize then?
>>
>>62327504
No, I am too dumb for that. But anything that ain't proven to be right can't be obviously right, nigger.
>>
I've been out of classes for a fucklong time, are we talking about TSP?
>>
>>62326897
Well P=0 would be even more noteworthy because it would mean Computer Science doesnt actually exist
>>
>>62326207
Some problems are unsolvable
>>
>>62327871
Yes
>>
>>62326988
Depends on what you mean by upload.
>>
>>62327871
Why?
>>
>>62327943
because Gödel, you dumbfuck.
>>
>>62328050
That's not what his incompleteness theorems say.
>>
>>62326207

>A Solution of the P versus NP Problem

https://arxiv.org/abs/1708.03486
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.