[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

python 2 or 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1479498855406.gif (4MB, 362x271px) Image search: [Google]
1479498855406.gif
4MB, 362x271px
python 2 or 3
>>
>>
https://pythonclock.org/

if you use 2 you're a faggot and everything wrong with python and why I still have to use perl 5 for "portable" scripting.
>>
>>62325462
whatever fucks your goat
>>
>>62325462
Ruby.
>>
>>62325474

not-backward-compatible version bump
biggest difference is print statement
>>
File: face rage blur3423.png (371KB, 832x868px) Image search: [Google]
face rage blur3423.png
371KB, 832x868px
>>62325462
Python 3 is a joke
>make print a function for some reason
>get rid of xrange
Seriously who thought this was OK?
>>
>>62325751
they made xrange into range.

relax
>>
>>62325570
Maybe they could have done 3 properly without breaking changes making upgrading easier? There was nothing wrong with 2, I don't want to use 3.
>>
>>
>>62325462
Java
>>
>>62325462
2 cos everything off shelf werks
>>
File: 1486740522354.jpg (132KB, 391x311px) Image search: [Google]
1486740522354.jpg
132KB, 391x311px
>>62325462
Both.

Not even kidding, you'll sometimes find that you need to thinker or update some old scripts, other times you might need the latest versions for the project you're on.

Hell, you can learn the difference between them in a single day, they're not so different as you may be thinking.
>>
>>62326021
turok 2 - seeds of evil
>>
>>62325462
python2, by the time python3 is popular enough, python will be already obsoleted.
>>
>>62325969
2 literally had no future. it was pure shit and inconsistent as fuck.
3 cleaned it up and added useful features.
also have fun when no one maintains it anymore in 2020.

you fucks need to die.
>>
>>62325751
xrange and range were redundant.

now range creates a proper generator iterator just like xrange. having both is completely fucking stupid.

and print not being a function was retarded and making it one made configuring output much less retarded.
>>
Python 3 masterrace reporting in
>>
>>62326264
they weren't quite redundant, but people generally should have been using xrange when they were using range, and people that *definitely* wanted a list object (rather than a generator) were happy enough to do `list(range(n))`.

it wasn't totally retarded to have both, but given the performance advantages and the fact that most people don't actually need a list object, it was kind of retarded to make the more resource-intensive one more "reachable" (e.g., most people were learning about range first and probably not about xrange at all)

but in general i think i agree that python3 was about making python generally less retarded on a few dimensions. weird stupid shit like print being some special non-object was just idiotic. the way python dealt with strings was like watching a train you KNEW was heading for a collision. we had to fix it, and it was a bit painful, sure, but it needed to be done.
>>
>>62326188
test

am I admin now?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.