[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meme browsers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 2017-09-09_00-44-35.png (134KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-09_00-44-35.png
134KB, 1920x1200px
Are you using one? This is a dedicated thread where you can shill for yours as best you can.

Currently: Opera (free vpn, fastest adblocking w/ picrel, aak works out of the box too)

Previous memes I've fallen for:

ungoogled-chromium - still using it for sensitive stuff
Vivaldi - very nice customization in the spirit of old opera, but very slow (nodejs app) and buggy as fuck
Yandex - kinda vanilla chrome clone, literal russian botnet, neat looking ui, of particular note is dnscrypt (which points to some russian botnet by default tho)
Brave - slow, ugly theme, the only thing going for it is that it is semi-opensource (is there an unbranded version somewhere?)

Browsers not based on chromium or perhaps firefox codebases don't qualify as those can't run the basic extensions one needs to view modern webshit
>>
>>62322482
qutebrowser, for a longer while now.
not even shilling, if you like highly configurable keyboard driven software, it will be right up your alley.
>>
>>62322711

See

>Browsers not based on chromium or perhaps firefox codebases don't qualify as those can't run the basic extensions one needs to view modern webshit

That's the second league of qtwebkit/webkitgtk non-browsers. I quite fancied Otter browser (clone of old opera feel). Note that this group is *very* huge (there are about 20 active projects), as those canned layout engines are fairly easy to use and self-contained. The problem is simply that html layout engine and rudimentary js doesn't a browser make.

If you care only about keybindings, there's always vimium/vimperator for modern browsers. The link-key-anchor mode is especially useful rather than awkwardly trying to point trackpad there.
>>
Palemoon- has most of muh extensions and didn't fucking drop ALSA support out of laziness
Qutebrowser- good browser with potential, wouldn't use it as a daily right now
Brave- decent on Android, shit on desktop
>>
>>62322936
Didn't see the last line.
I used pentadactyl, vimium, vrome and one for opera too, none of them were quite as good and complete.
Due to health conditions I can not move my arm freely, but moving my wrists is no issue, thus I really like qutebrowser.
As for full on memes, I used opera for a long time, if it wasn't this botnetty, I still probably would.
>>
I use tint browser on my phone and it works fine.
>>
I'm using CS Browser on my phone (the only CAF Chromium browser that's on the Play Store that's updated).

Just using regular old Chrome on my PC, tried Brave, Vivaldi, and Opera, but always found myself coming back to Chrome.
>>
>>62322482
Yeah, I'm using IE11 at home.
>>
>>62323221
Right now Iridium. The only drawback right now is instability and several crashes per day. Will try alternative if I find better one. Tried Palememe, but didn't like it,
>>
>>62323283
Definitely way to go for plain chromium experience.

The only real disadvantage of ungoogled/iridium is that they get outdated from time to time (eg 57->58 was security criticial, and thoser browsers were lagging for about 3 months until rebase to new chromium).
>>
>>62322482
Firefox Nightly. It isn't all that great yet it keeps getting shilled on this board.
>>
>>62323122
>opera botnetty

I don't really mind the botnets as long it's still the norks releasing the builds, not the chinks (so far chinks are keeping their grubby hands off opera).

My gripe with opera now is that that it has pretty much zero customizability, it's basically just chrome with bunch of of additional features. Pretty much everything is hardwired with few toggles.

Almost seems like there's a gentleman agreement between opera and vivaldi that one focuses on performance, and the latter on customizability. The employees working on both browsers are pretty much 50/50 split of original opera team after all.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.