[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

windows key product

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 90WhL.jpg (42KB, 561x304px) Image search: [Google]
90WhL.jpg
42KB, 561x304px
Hello /g,

I found several software to read/extract product key from bootable/unbootable computer and so for windows 95 to windows 8 (at least). but for want i understand:

- windows 9X need a media with the image and all key works. ex: with a windows 98SE cd all installation key for windows 98SE keys will work.
- windows XP have his installation cd "associated" with one key ex: if i have one windows xp cd and 2 windows XP installation key only one will work (the right one).
- windows 7, 8 - 8.1, 10 as microsoft "give" ISO for them, i imagine that any product key work with his right OS version as for windows 9X.

so please correct this if i'm wrong.

now it's time to talk about the OEM version.

on one hand the key is associated with the material, so attached to it that in some case changing a part will "corrupt" windows. in the other hand there are some commands to unregistred/unactived windows.
plus all different version of OEM: OEM:DM, OEM:COA, ...

So my question is how to, if possible, make/build a windows installation media with a working key from any kind of computer/lonely HDD ?

PS:
i begin with:

- windows 95 / 98 / Me any kind of media is good with right key (windows 98SE key don't work with windows 98 media etc)
media can't be build from installed files of a HDD
product key can be read by dedicated software or directly in the registery

- windows XP media seem attached with a specific product key
media may be build from files installed files of a HDD (I386 directory (under windows directory) if it size more than 300 Mo)
product key can be read by dedicated software
>>
>I found several software to read/extract product key from bootable/unbootable computer

Give them back, Jamal.
>>
>>62315517
well done, you remark is so productive, as your life
>>
>>62315723
get a job jamal
>>
>>62315736
go head
>>
1- They key you extract from a never-formatted machine, working or not its a SLP key (up to windows 7), those keys alone won't activate windows when used on a fresh install. This key is different from the key that comes on the OCA Sticker below/beside the system.
2- Extracted keys from 8/8.1/10 are stored on the bios, this key is read when doing a fresh install and automatically activated when going online first time. This key is unique on the system so even if you extract it you can only activate the machine from wich you got it from.

So, if you want to make a "pre activated" iso, just load any of the activation solutions out there (Daz loader, Msft toolkit) that runs on the oobe part of install to achieve this.
>>
>>62315830
thanks for answer.
my goal was to extract (to use it) key from 2 laptop HDD.
first with windows 7
second with windows 8
From what you explain i can't do anything with the second HDD
for the first if it a been actived or reinstalled what happened ?
and for windows XP, 9X did what I say is correct ?
>>
>>62316159
They key from 7 may be a SLP key, just extract it, put it on google and if you see plenty of results, then its worthless and won't activate windows alone.
They key from 8 yeah, its unique so even extracted wont activate another machine.
XP, 9X key are the same as 7, if you google them and you get results its a SLP key and alone are worthless, you would need the real OCA key to activate a system.
So let me explain slp keys to you:
SLP keys alone won't activate a system, you need to install some certificate file on windows that match the machine BIOS Slic table, that's how manufacturers used to mass-activate millions of system from the get-go.
So, you could make a install media that will only work for specific brand and systems.
A machine that came with xp can only be automated activated with xp with the right certificate files and ONLY for one brand.
A machine that came with vista can only be automated activated with vista with the right certificate files and ONLY for one brand.
A machine that came with 7 can only be automated activated with 7 with the right certificate files and ONLY for one brand.

The only way to make a universal install media its with an activation software like I said.
I know you will be wondering "But I wanted to use a "legit" key for this", it would make no difference, if you use a oem key on a system and that system doesn't have the matching OCA sticker, its considered illegal for professional work, so, using an activator would be just the same as what you're trying to acomplish here.
>>
>>62316342
The certs are on the internet you can just reactivate SLP keys with them.
>>
>>62315457
OEM keys are for use on that particular motherboard, check the EULA. Exceptions only in Germany because their copyright laws are weird.

Stop stealing software, Jamal.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (344KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
344KB, 1600x1200px
>>62316159
Windows before Windows XP doesn't need to be activated (which is why it was so great!)
any key that works will work. note though that the key has to be for the specific version of windows (OEM, full product version, or upgrade)

for OEM windows XP from one of the big vendors (like Dell, HP, as opposed to the generic OEM holographic CD), the volume license key is embedded in the CD. it's in winnt.sif I think. it will check with the BIOS and pre-activate the specific model laptop or desktop it was made for during installation. if that CD is used on another computer (diff brand and or model), it'll just behave like a generic OEM CD and ask for a key during installation. if for whatever reason the CD is lost, one can install from a generic OEM CD and use the key on the sticker, then activate by phone. the key on the sticker and the one on the CD are never the same (weird system...)

the keys can be retrieved from the registry files on the hard drive. for XP, the file is
C:\Windows\system32\config\software
for 2000 it's
C:\WINNT\system32\config\software

you can use produkey command-line options
produkey /regfile X:\Windows\system32\config\software
if you attached the drive and its letter is X

> trivia: did you know that OEM keys were not language-bound? (at least for XP) if you use an OEM key for an english version of XP, you can use that same version for the french version or german version. this doesn't apply to upgrade or full product version keys.
>>
>windows
>>
>>62316749
Yeah, but did you even read what I posted?
You can only activate one brand. Anon is trying to make a pre-activated iso.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.