[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Play Store Data

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: 1504661363744.jpg (139KB, 794x465px) Image search: [Google]
1504661363744.jpg
139KB, 794x465px
So I've been reading about Googles Play Store sharing certain user data with developers that has been deemed questionable by some. What Im referring to specifically is email address and location. I do realize that during a purchase process some of that data is applicable in the way customer service from the developers end of things. However, I'm wondering if developers are given that info when free apps are downloaded. Also is this same data shared when downloading a free app that has purchases available within the app but no purchase is made. The data I am referring to has nothing to do with permission values in the apps them selves, this data is shared directly from Google to the app developer. Its not the biggest concern for most people, but I would like to know.
>>
bump
>>
OP here, so Ill be honest about why I started looking into this. Several weeks ago I had a rather unpleasant conversation with an app developer via email. This conversation did not start out as negative nor did it tern into anything close to the arguments that I have seen on 4Chan. However, neither party involved could continue conversation without obvious frustration with the other party. So....we both just ended it before it got any more unreasonable. About 3 days after this a Facebook account that I had deactivated over 8 years ago was logged into. I really dont think this was done by someone I know are used to know. I have no other accounts linked to Facebook nor do I hold an active presence on Facebook. However, the email I use for the Play Store was the one I started that Facebook account with, and I think the password for that Facebook account may have been the same one I used for the app that I mentioned. So getting to my point, I think this developer may have been upset with me and started to snoop into my data. I realize this sounds paranoid, but I have no other reasonable explanation for that account being reactivated.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.