[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is the apple meme finally dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: DJEu_v_VoAIReTG.png (104KB, 840x676px) Image search: [Google]
DJEu_v_VoAIReTG.png
104KB, 840x676px
is the apple meme finally dead?
>>
>>62313638
i think they can find a few hundred million pajeets in buttfucknowhere India
>>
>iToddlers buy the new model every christmas
>Androidbotnetters buy whenever their phone breaks
>>
>>62314124

That feel when my galaxy s3 is still going strong.
>>
>>62313638
they are just waiting for the new model. But not breaking 20% during Samsung's Note 7 desaster is perhaps a sign that people are going away from Apple.
>>
>>62313638
Looks like it. It sad, though, because Apple is one if the few at least a bit ethical American companies.
>>
>>62313638
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2597269/Maps-reveals-Android-poor-people-iPhone-owners-live-affluent-areas.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/android-iphone-market-share-by-price-2014-8

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/06/19/its_true_android_is_the_poor_mans_phone/
>>
File: 2a3.png (155KB, 600x544px) Image search: [Google]
2a3.png
155KB, 600x544px
>>62313638
>Apple captured 79.2 percent of global smartphone profits last year, according to the latest research by Strategy Analytics on Wednesday, highlighting the US technology giant’s ability to maximize pricing and minimize production costs. The global smartphone industry was estimated to have posted total operating profits of $53.7 billion last year, with Apple’s operating profit standing at $44.9 billion, the research showed.

>Apple captured 79.2 percent of global smartphone profits last year
>79.2%
>>
>>62315745
Pareto docet
>>
>>62313638
>thinking marketshare matters
One sold iPhone is at least 250 bucks pure profit, with added money incoming when people use it and more added money once people get into their ecosystem. One sold lagdroid phone is just pocket-change (if it wasn't sold on a loss) and since the manufacturers don't own the store, it doesn't make them shit.

>>62315745
Damn, not long ago it was 103% of global profit. Apple is dying.
>>
>>62315745
>79.2
fugg sell less got more....
>>
>>62316058
I'm sorry, do you think this is a good thing?
>>
>>62316218
How is either a good or a bad thing?
>>
>>62316235
Apple ripping off their customers and locking them in an ecosystem is terrible for the market.
>>
>>62316266
Nobody is forced to buy their phones nor go into their ecosystem.

Any other company is free to offer better alternatives and Google definitely has the money and infrastructure to do it. Instead they choose to pander to poorfags with Chrome OS and whoever the mess of Android/Nexus is aimed for. Hell, with N5 they had a good phone already, they could've focused on improving it and making Android less of a mess, instead they went for the cheaply made phablets market.

MS had all the opportunities to do it too and already had a very strong user base with Windows, it should've been trivial for them to improve on that and make a decent phone with a decent OS.

Can't really blame Apple if their competitors can't even do the basics right.
>>
>>62316376
Not the point. I'm not blaming Apple, I'm just saying it's not a good thing like you apparently think it is.
>>
>>62313638
Lol no

Just wait until the newest set of iPhones come out
>>
>>62316403
"Good" is such a weird word in this context. The point of a company is to make maximal profit. There are many approaches for that and Apple picked the one that works very, very well for them. They would be insane to skip on their profits because the rest of the market is inept. It's up to other companies to offer a better product to force Apple to compete on price.

If a company could've offer what Apple offers for half the price, Applel would be forced to change.
>>
>>62316448
You're not getting this at all, are you? I didn't ask you why is Apple doing this or if they're allowed to do it, I didn't even ask you if it makes sense that they're doing it. I asked you if you think that it is a good thing for the market because you seem to believe that it is. You also seem to believe Apple products are actually the best in the market so I guess there's no point in arguing with you. Enjoy the kool aid.
>>
>>62316916
You still haven't clarified what "good for the market" is supposed to be. It decided that Apple is the most valuable company, how can it be good or bad? It's a simple fact, there is no point to perceive it in emotional terms.

Now for the customers it'd be probably better if there were some alternatives but then the whole talk shouldn't be about Apple in the first place since it's not up to them to offer them as market leader, just like it's not up to Google or FB when discussing the lack of alternatives in advertising.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.