[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you upgraded to Windows 10, anon? It just works.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: windows10.png (281KB, 1571x504px) Image search: [Google]
windows10.png
281KB, 1571x504px
Why haven't you upgraded to Windows 10, anon? It just works.
>>
File: Windows 10.png (4KB, 429x129px) Image search: [Google]
Windows 10.png
4KB, 429x129px
Thank you for showing me the error of my ways as you can see I have now joined the acended ones who have no need to rice
>>
Years to windows becoming a Themed-Distro: 4
>>
>>62312533
Because it's just Windows 7 with more telemetry, integrated advertising, and an uglier user interface.
>>
File: 1456252005610.jpg (62KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1456252005610.jpg
62KB, 690x460px
> protect against malicious software
> the os is malicious software
>>
>>62313564
>Pro
>Aka closer-to-home edition, pun and no pun intended
>>62312533
Enterprise/Education with restrictions are fine, although if you set telemetry to security you cannot use CBB but only CB which sucks.
Best are LTSB and server 2016
>>
File: 1485105047314.png (65KB, 1047x699px) Image search: [Google]
1485105047314.png
65KB, 1047x699px
thank you sir i have kindly done the needful and upgraded
>>
I've got 7 on my main rig and 10 on my laptop. For all the hate it gets, 10 doesn't seem that bad to me. Just turn off all the tracking shit and there ya go, it just werks
>>
>>62313629
You might have a point if you were comparing 8 and 10, but both 8 and 10 are in a different league to 7 in terms of speed, resource usage/management, and features. An updated 7 installation uses over 100% more disk space than an updated 10 installation and 10% more than an updated 8.1 installation. On average, 8 and 10 use ~100MiB less memory than 7 on idle. Windows 7's versions of things like Superfetch are fucking terrible, the updater process can take hours of searching just to find one update, it has shitty SSD support, boot times are horrendous, its' built-in tools like task manager are awful, etc etc. 8 and 10 fix all of these problems, and 10 even has additional features such as native ELF binary support through the WSL, UWP applications, further performance and resource efficiency improvements, as well as just the general kernel improvements that tend to come with each iteration of NT.

Interface is entirely subjective, but I find Aero to be incredibly obnoxious and visually obtrusive, the basic theme looks like shit and the classic theme is hindered by the fact that when you use it 90% of the UI elements are still glossy aero trash and it conflicts in a very offputting way with the classic style. I'll admit Windows 8/10's flat design has its' flaws, but to me it's far less irritating than flashy glass gimmicks everywhere. Also 10's UI is slowly being replaced with Microsoft's new "fluent design" style which adds a lot of depth to the UI instead of everything being flat colored blocks, the first major portion of it is coming in the next update in October and it's a major improvement over 10's current UI in my opinion.

>inb4 non-argument /v/eddit template posts that consist of le greentext followed by an ad hominem/strawman
>>
File: 2017-09-09.png (39KB, 1138x861px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-09.png
39KB, 1138x861px
upgrading to 1703 isn't worth it, is it?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.