[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>professor makes programming quiz >mixes "which of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: quiz.jpg (175KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
quiz.jpg
175KB, 500x375px
>professor makes programming quiz
>mixes "which of the following are" and "which of the following are NOT"
>get less than 100% because i missed the "NOT" on a few of them
what did he mean by this?
>>
It means you are lacking reading comprehension.
>>
It means without this faggotry the test would have been too easy
>>
>>62311827
>what did he mean by this?
he meant "pay attention to what you're doing". That's an important skill for programming and computers in general.
>>
>>62311851
Its a fucking load of shit. You are not assessing reading comprehension you are assessing theory and practical experience in cs/etc.
>>
>>62311870
So what if you're writing code to implement a given spec and slip a "not" somewhere in reading it? At the very least you'll cause yourself a debugging headache, and at worst you might produce something that works while giving incorrect results.

If you're not keen on concentrating on a task computers are not a good line of work for you to be in. Maybe you can breeze through shit now but you will get to much more complicated projects that will demand that you think closely about them.
>>
>>62311917
Its a dumb argument and I'll tell you why. When you are thumbing through the spec you can do so at your leisure you are not timed like in a test. Also when you are in real life you are have not been fully focused on learning a given a concept or skill etc. What they do is plain and simple misdirection to create their marking curve.
>>
>>62311956
What are you going to say next? That attendance should matter?
>>
>>62311956
Well, keep telling yourself that, I guess. You might think it's unfair and underhanded, but so is the real world.
>>
>>62311977
No you keep telling yourself that you're being fair by making tests like this.
>>
>>62311851

This.

You should be thankful you know exactly what your mistakes were and why you made them. It's not always a given in college.
>>
In programming one typo can fuck your code completely. This is the same, except with a massive all caps bold NOT so you can't miss it.
>>
>>62312047
Fair enough
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.