[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having problems with a broken monitor and BIOS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0150.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0150.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Alright /g/ after spending the whole day looking for information and personally tweaking my laptop to try and achieve what I am after I come here defeated to ask for your help.
Before I continue my computer is an old Dell XPS l511z with a broken monitor (I use the hdmi cable with an external monitor) and a fucked battery.
The problem I have is the following, my laptop battery recently got fucked, like a week ago I tried to charge it and the laptop light blinks orange and it stays there all the time, when I disconnect the charger the laptop just shuts down because the battery is dead, now I wouldn't give a fuck about the battery if it just would be that but my laptop is a Dell and apparently they have a chip that when the battery gets damaged or the charger gets bad it forces your computer to work 30% with less CPU or more, I really don't know the number. And this shit is HORRIBLE for using stuff like emulators, virtual computer, video editing etc.
So when I looked that up it seems I could bypass that shit of a problem with just tweaking some options on the BIOS. But here is the other problem, I cannot access the BIOS on my external monitor, the monitor only works after the OS boots. I have been looking all day since the morning for alternatives and answers, I have fully dismantled my laptop trying to disconnect the LCD cables so it forces the second monitor (did not work) and I just finished putting it all together again and give up.

My question is, is there a way I could access the BIOS feature on a secondary monitor? Someone told me to try pressing F9 while on the BIOS to restart the settings and force the screen but that did not work. I have a headache since an hour ago because of this shit. Would really appreciate any input or help besides the obvious which is getting a new monitor or computer ( I don't have the resources right now)

Pic related my shittop
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>62309416
Trust me, meme aside, I would fucking install Linux in a blast if I could get through this external monitor bullshit situation, cannot even install another OS if I can't see the screen.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.