[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IT cert talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

What IT certs do you have? What were your firsts and what did it put you in? As for me, I have my ITIL, A+ and am retaking Network+ and Security+ the goal is to get into entry level (45k-65k) then going higher from there. I'm 28 w no IT work experience.
>>
>>62294803
I have Sec+ but I'm still in the military so idk what to do when I get out
>>
>>62294878
you can use voc rehab to all the certs you want. whats your mos?
>>
>>62294917
My contract ends next year and I'm pretty busy until then or I could quit being lazy and get more certs
>>
>>62294994
do it
>>
>>62295219
How about college for a Information Technology/Science degree? Are they a waste of time?
>>
>>62295360
Do you mean Computer Science? Like a proper Engineering degree? Do that if you can.
>>
>>62295360
CS is a waste of time
Any other type of degree might come in handy especially maths/physics degrees
>>
>>62295383
>>62295397
I meant a business degree specializing in Information Technology
>>
>>62295397
hahahahahahaha
>>
>>62295428
Fair enough. I wouldn't enjoy the business side of IT but I know there's big money there. Whatever you do don't listen to the retards here who tell you to do maths/physics lmao
>>
>>62295428
In IT, degrees supplement the certs. Not the other way around. There are many bullshit factors that come into play when looking for a decent job. Like many places hiring from within for the most part, etc..Also, what if you get your degree and a potential employer can't even take you seriously because of where you obtained it? Noone deserves to be put through that but its reality. Certs are your golden ticket. As shill as that sounds. I'm actually currently attending uni for my bachelor's in IT as well as a technical school where I'm getting the certs.
>>
>>62294917
did you just ASSUME his branch?
>>
>>62295474
Instead of getting free certs I just wasted four years of my life. Thanks tho maybe I can salvage my last year.
>>
>>62295551
not trying to knock your education, degree and time spent. its not wasted by any means but the truth is IT is super competetive AND growing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.