[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google and Anti-Competitive Behaviour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: edge_lord.png (48KB, 600x657px) Image search: [Google]
edge_lord.png
48KB, 600x657px
Hey /g/,

I think Google is exhibiting Anti-Competitive Behaviour. Google Docs keeps crashing on me when I'm using Microsoft Edge. I like Edge, it's a fast browser. Should I just use Chrome?
>>
Your fault for using a shit browser. Just use Chrome.
>>
File: 9a2.jpg (40KB, 634x650px) Image search: [Google]
9a2.jpg
40KB, 634x650px
>>62284572
>"I like Edge, it's a fast browser"
>he unironically uses the shit botnet browser
How cute
>>
Google marketing team here?
>>
Here's the reality of the situation right now and I'm going to give it to you blunt.

Chrome is the only usable browser right now on desktops. Nothing else is usable, people just tolerate that shit for some reason. Will there be an alternative in the future that doesn't gimp itself? Hopefully.

Edge has a severe problem with OS coupling that really slows down its development. It could have been top dog if it weren't for this issue.
Brave is utterly useless on desktops right now due to its hard limitations.
Vivaldi is Chrome but made by retarded opera devs who think being a power user == loving bloat.
Opera is chinese botnet.
Firefox is abhorrently slow even with new engines.
Safari is IE, dead and useless outside of extreme situations.
>>
You're wrong, here's why

I use ungoogled-chromium along with an addon that randomly changes my user agent every couple of minutes, if they were effectively doing this any time i get an IE user-agent Google Docs would trigger intentional crashes due to the reported user-agent but it just doesn't happen.

What's really happen is that Edge is a mediocre browser overall
>>
>>62284787
firefox 57 is usable. it allowed me to finally ditch chrome
>>
>>62284803
Firefox isn't usable you're deluding yourself into believing such in a desperate attempt to find something alternative to Chrome. It's quite sad that the once trendsetter is now playing catch up to Chrome and failing miserably.
>>
>>62284687
I guess it could be better if it had support for more extensions but just having adblockers is good enough for me.
>>
>>62284833
yeah that's true now that I think about it
>>
>>62284833
no, I was perfectly fine with using chrome for a long time until firefox actually surpassed it.
>>
>>62284980
>until firefox actually surpassed it.
In what ways?
>>
>>62285042
better ui and much greater customizability. it also caught up to chrome in terms of performance. the new extension api is still more powerful than chrome's
>>
Only cucks/sjws/future sjws/trans trenders/ignorant people use Chrome.

Period.

Boycott chrome the most you can. Whenever I see an unlocked machine, I promptly uninstall chrome shit.
>>
>>62285352
>Whenever I see an unlocked machine, I promptly uninstall chrome shit.
cringe
>>
>>62285374
>cringe
reddit
>>
>>62285631
>reddit
cringe
>>
>>62284833
I don't know what you're talking about anon, latest release of firefox has fixed most of the lag problems. Meanwhile chrome still eats memory like a motherfucker. I still keep chromium around just to use sites that only work in blink (there seem to be a lot of them now for some reason, fuck google).

On a side note, I hope Edge gets better and gets released as free (libre) software so it can become a real competitor to chrome and firefox. The web needs more competition, but proprietary browsers just slow everyone down.
>>
>>62284572
>Anti-Competitive Behaviour
>against IE
do you know the beginning and rise of Internet Explorer?

oh the irony
>>
>>62286281
Silicon Valley bitched about Redmond taking their jerbs, and the gubmint went along with it. As a result, Microsoft had to abandon their efforts on IE and we were left with a garbage browser for years.
>>
>>62286598
IE was shit because of MS. not because of gubment trying to stop MS from jewing every other competitor.
>>
>>62286598
>I've never used Windows 98
>>
File: microsoft-edge.webm (2MB, 1786x892px) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-edge.webm
2MB, 1786x892px
>Edge

top kek
>>
>>62284572
>the only reason people use Edge is because the UI looks pretty

Do you agree with this statement?
>>
>>62284572
edge will crash anyway.
>>
>>62286263
I agree we need more competition, but I refuse to advocate in favor of inferior competition. I have to believe in the product/service, I'm not going to cheer something on just because it exists.

The browser scene in general needs a huge wakeup call. Blink has been undisputed for years now because Microsoft, Apple, and Mozilla are incompetent.
>>
>>62288119
Obligatory. It's also used on the 2 existing windows 10 mobiles.
>>
>>62284787
>Chrome is the only usable browser right now on desktops.
It's like you WANT to go back to the days of IE6 but with Google at the helm instead of Microsoft.

Seriously, how are people so blind to this?
>>
>>62284572
>I like Edge
fuck off pajeet
>>
>>62288456
The only real problem with IE is it never kept up with standards. Google has been doing the opposite of that and spearheading standards instead.
Not all "monopolies" are bad sis.
>>
>>62288615
>Google has been doing the opposite of that and spearheading standards instead.
They've been doing the opposite that. They've been spearheading chrome exclusive expansions to HTML and ignoring standard HTML, meaning other browsers that are faithful to HTML render sites wrong.

That sounds very much like what internet explorer did. Need I remind you that we're STILL suffering from the consequences of that?
>Not all "monopolies" are bad sis.
Not all rodents are bad either, want to let a flock into your house?
>>
>>62288676
>They've been doing the opposite that.
Hmm? http://caniuse.com/#compare=edge+16,firefox+58,chrome+61,safari+10.1,opera+47
>>
>>62284572
I use edge to watch netflix, and for basic searches to get them bing points.
>>
>>62285352
How do you uninstall it on a Chromebook?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.