[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arch-linux installers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: ZHB2lYg.jpg (40KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
ZHB2lYg.jpg
40KB, 600x424px
what /g/ thinks about arch linux installers (Like zen/revenge installer or arch-anywhere)?

Its a good and comfortable way to install arch or it will leave arch bloated?
>>
Used arch-anywhere before, was pretty much perfect
Had no problems whatsoever
Very customisable
>>
>>62283521
This
>>
And what about zen/revenge installer? It looks more easy to use but it still leaves me with nonbloated arch?
>>
It's not like you have to reinstall it every day.
Just spend a day to do it properly and forget about it until you buy another pc.
>>
>>62283450
didn't have repositories upon install. OS was DOA because they didn't bother to include a working mirror. Same thing on Antergos and debian-stable
>>
>>62284127
>Just spend a day to do it properly
more like fucking half an hour. Jesus christ people act like installing arch is the hardest thing to do ever.
>>
I dont really see the point considering how pacstrap is basically an installer
>>
>>62284499
>>62284504
This
You don't even have to configure your kernel or do anything hard.
>muh scawy command line
Fuck off back to /v/
>>
>>62283450
Up to you. I just install manually and it takes like five minutes. I followed a minimal install from some pic on google images because the arch wiki, while better than the gentoo wiki, is still autistic and doesn't tell you what you really need, i.e how to install systemd without using backwards ass UIDs and manual gpart labels. Or how to properly do UEFI installations.

After like 5 installs through, it becomes second nature.

>dd if=arch.iso of=/dev/sdX
>reboot f12 usb
>part disks
>mkfs
>mkdir + mount
>pacstrap /mnt base base-devel linux-firmware wpa_supplicant
>use the sane U flag with genfstab
>arch-chroot
>bootctl install
>wow look at that no need to do bootctl --install-path=/esp install ESP NOT FOUND
>echo "some dumb shit" >> /boot/loader/entries/arch.conf x4
>/vmlinuz-linux not /vmlinux-linux fucking fat aspergeral torvalds kill yourself
>reboot
There you go a minimal system on UEFI.
>>
those installers can have some problems with consistency, depending on your hardware

not really worth it in my view
>>
>>62284480
Looks like someone still doesn't know how to follow instructions
>>
>>62285179
but anon, reading a guide and doing exactly what it tells you to do is HARD
>>
I used it on my thinkpad t430 and had no problems.
>>
i have used aui script without problems, very intuitive
>>
>>62284499
>>62284731
Half an hour to make it bootable, than you have to configure your fonts, improve the quality of pulseaudio, write your aliases, fix the stupid shit keybindings of your windows manager and mpv and basically figure out if everything is working decently enough.
I think a day is reasonable. A day every 6-8 years.
>>
>>62283450
The only reason to use an installer for Arch is if you're installing an Arch knockoff like Antergos and want a functional computer within 6 hours. If you install regular Arch at all you will spend your entire day trying to not get eye-raped by the font-rendering, getting subtitles to display in MPV, compiling programs from the AUR and all sorts of other annoying shit.
>>
>>62284742
this.
or unironically you can use debian text install and smash enter a few times, input password, username and hostname and partition disk (which is the only thing requiring any attention).
If there are similar installers for arch you would be autistic not to use them, and you should consider that installing debian in text mode is also autistic to some extend.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.