[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: laptop.jpg (19KB, 350x298px) Image search: [Google]
laptop.jpg
19KB, 350x298px
I need to buy a laptop for school but haven't bought new computer hardware since 2011 when I bought my gaming rig.

I feel paralyzed by the amount of choice, both in terms of sellers and products. I don't have the time to become an expert in every aspect of computer tech in order to make the absolute best choice. I just want a trustworthy seller and a computer that has a reasonably good performance/cost balance which I can take to school and play a few minimally taxing games on to pass the time on.

Any suggestions or words of advice? If I just went over to the local BestBuy and bought a $400 one with decent specs would I be getting my money's worth?
>>
>>62283026
You know /g/ will make you buy a thinkpad, right?
>>
>>62283026
>If I just went over to the local BestBuy and bought a $400 one with decent specs would I be getting my money's worth?
no

used thinkpad
>>
>>62283026
>Any suggestions or words of advice?
kill you're self?
>>
>>62283026
>I feel paralyzed by the amount of choice, both in terms of sellers and products. I don't have the time to become an expert in every aspect of computer tech in order to make the absolute best choice. I just want a trustworthy seller and a computer that has a reasonably good performance/cost balance which I can take to school and play a few minimally taxing games on to pass the time on.
Sounds like you would be the perfect macbook drone. Just get the same laptop as every other mindless goy.
$400 best buy laptops are top shit like any other laptop that costs less then $1k new.
>>
>used thinkpad
>kill you're self?
>top shit like any other laptop that costs less then $1k new

Maybe I'll ask reddit, thanks for your time.
>>
>>62283088
don't come back faggot
>>
>>62283088
>2/3 are solid advice
>Leaves

Stay there.
>>
Acer Aspire E15 for $350
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkKvLkwxUrU

Thinkpad T430 from Ebay $150-250 could probably play some decent games
>>
>>62283088
cry moar faggot
>>
>>62284417
The Aspire says 12 hour battery life but it's probably more life 8-9 which is still pretty good.
>>
Just get a refurbished or used elitebook they're built like a tank and you can get a decent one for about 250.

https://www.ebay.com/b/HP-EliteBook-Laptops-and-Netbooks/177/bn_316082
>>
>>62283026
DESU even a $200 laptop will be usable for whatever you want to use it for if budget is your main concern. If you are looking for something quality, go for ThinkPad (a current model) or something HP
>>
>>62284417
I just got this laptop. It's excellent. Haven't updated the ram yet though.
It can play dead space pretty comfy.
>>
Is there a guide or resource you would recommend that has an overview of what's good and bad in terms of laptops that are generally available in stores?

I've been meaning to get a new laptop for a little while, and keeping an eye on local trading sites. But something came up and I might need one this weekend, so I'm considering getting one at the local Best Buy-type of place.

I live in [spoiler]the Arctic, so no Amazon overnight shipping and such.[/spoiler]
>>
>>62286430
Don't buy an HP.
>>
>>62287023

That's a good start. Duly noted.
>>
>investing in your education
>400 dollars tops
Fuck off.
>>
>>62283026
>laptop
>playing games on one
grandpa its 2017, you use a console to play games and smartphone for everything else. laptops are obsolete and only basement dwelling neckbeards use them for attention they'll never get.
>>
>>62283038
nice jsut bought 100k
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.