[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keep or sell?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: $_32.jpg (146KB, 1200x804px) Image search: [Google]
$_32.jpg
146KB, 1200x804px
I'm getting an 980ti 6GB delivered. My current card is an R9 285 2GB.

The reason I bought the card was because I thought there was something wrong with the R9. It was stuttering in most games. I formatted my PC last night and suddenly all my games run fine.. lol.

The 980ti is clearly the better card but I only have a 1080p screen just now.

Advice please.
>>
>>62282412
Save it 'till the better screen and sell the old one
>>
You are a faggot.
>>
>>62282520
Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>62282544
was really more of an opinion than advice but I'd keep the 980Ti if you want to max newer games.
>>
>>62282412
>this is the intelligence level of the average /v/ poster
>>
>>62282712
I post on r9k most of the time.
>>
>>62282412
It's completely overkill for 1080p, so unless you have a 144hz screen or plan on upgrading it will exceed your usage scenario.

At this point you might as well keep it, seeing as you already bought it..
>>
The loss woupdn't be worth it. Just think of your pc as more future proof now.
>>
>>62282412
Sell and buy a 1080ti and a 1440p 144hz, or 4k 60hz monitor.
>>
>>62282412
advise what? you have a way better card now that will keep you at max settings for years to come
>2 gb
backup/utility card in case of graphics card failure in a pc with no integrated graphics
>>
>>62282412
I'd hold onto it for a while longer. Current GPU prices are quite inflated and the 980ti still performs similar to a 1070 both of which are great cards for 1080p.
>>
>>62282856
Same thing.
>>
>>62284164
Is the R9 285 worth anything anymore?
>>
>>62286452
I was thinking about selling it to a friend not sure how much thou (£)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.