[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has Chrome deteriorated in quality so much? Can't speak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: unnamed.png (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
31KB, 300x300px
Why has Chrome deteriorated in quality so much? Can't speak for Chromium but Chrome seems to get worse every update and breaks things for no reason.
>stutters and flickers when you have too many tabs open
>cross platform history seems to break randomly
>no support for vsync on Linux, making it unusable for monitors higher than 60hz
>lack of configuration options, need extensions to do pretty much anything
>removed empty new page tab option, need extension now
>can no longer Goofle something then immediately start typing again, have to manually put cursor in search box
>Save as no longer remembers what file formats go in which folder
>Youtube of course gets worse every update, biggest issues are that the subscriber bar is a mess and browsing channels with hundreds of videos is painful
And I'm pretty sure I have a bunch of other minor complaints as well. All these nitpicks add up, Chrome just isn't a pleasant browsing experience anymore, and I'm not sure why since it used to be fine. They just seem to change things for the sake of it, even it it hurts the user experience.
>>
Also I know hating on Youtube isn't related to Chromium or Chrome, it's just a general criticism of Google.
>>
Migrate over to Waterfox.
>>
File: 1463441448428.png (30KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
1463441448428.png
30KB, 200x193px
>>
Speaking of which, is there an extension that shows blank new tab with bookmark bar, does not eat memory and is open-source?
>>
>>62281339
"about:blank" opens an empty page but you're right, there's no longer an option to configure the NTP
>lack of configuration options, need extensions to do pretty much anything
My main gripe with it. I tried changing the browser's character encoding the other day only to find out the option was removed in favor of "auto" encoding
>Youtube of course gets worse every update, biggest issues are that the subscriber bar is a mess and browsing channels with hundreds of videos is painful
Chrome's development =/= Youtube's
Everything else might just be Linux/GNU-exclusive bugs. Don't think I ever came across them on Mac/Winblows
>>
>>62281339
>chrome
botnet
>>
>>62281339
>using proprietary software from an advertising company
You deserve everything bad that happens.
>>
I use google services a bit too much, in fact, I still use Chrome but I have to agree that every service they have, they're slowly fucking up with newer updates. Chrome is no exception there.

Another thing I don't understand is that they kept a similar design for the interface for a long, long time and all the alternatives have some sort of dark mode yet all this has is something that only works on incognito mode or themes that don't look good at all because there seems to be a horizontal 1 pixel line below the address bar that is colored the way it wants.

I want an alternative but really I don't know which. Opera seems decent but a little bit too much like it.
>>
>>62281339
>no support for vsync on Linux, making it unusable for monitors higher than 60hz
Doesn't it also lack 120hz support on Linux?
>>
>>62281339
Use Firefox
>>
If you're gonna use Chrome, you might as well just go with Vivaldi.
Uses the extensions from the chrome store and its UI is customizable.
>>
>>62282859
>tfw you can't get bloated if you're already bloated from the start
vivaldi logic

>>62282562
Brave is the future but honestly it's not worth using it on desktop at all right now. Way too limited.
>>
>>62282859
>UI made in JavaScript
Might as well use Brave then.
>>
>>62282896
I personally don't use Vivaldi, I'm just saying that if you're take the proprietary botnet dick up your ass, you might as well take the one you can customize more.
>>
>>62282896
>Brave is the future but honestly it's not worth using it on desktop at all right now. Way too limited.

Truly a shame.

I'm trying Vivaldi and I'll admit there's some bloat, but my issue is also that it's not that amazing when it comes to smooth scrolling either. I don't know why ancient IE got it right and nobody tried to mimic it.
>>
>>62282994
Nevermind, I tried Brave and honestly scrolling is much better than Vivaldi and Chrome.

I don't get why.
>>
>>62281339
>chrome
found your problem my dear anon.
use firefox instead.
>>
>>62281339
As much as i hate google, it's still the best browser for development
>>
File: 1502987394824.jpg (34KB, 440x392px) Image search: [Google]
1502987394824.jpg
34KB, 440x392px
>>62283883
>firefox
Lad it's not 2004 anymore no one uses that shit
>>
>>62283939
i use it
>>
>>62281339
>no support for vsync on Linux
>Linux
Here's your problem.
>>
File: 1499402370518.jpg (17KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
1499402370518.jpg
17KB, 400x395px
>>62283939
Oh sorry, I forgot it's 2007 and we all use Opera.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.