[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is microG the future for google independent phones? Why have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: MicroG.png (92KB, 1171x927px) Image search: [Google]
MicroG.png
92KB, 1171x927px
Is microG the future for google independent phones?

Why have you not installed microG instead of gapps?

If you did what issues did you have?

MicroG and Yalp store ultimate combo?

Discuss

Personnally, i dislike the fact that using on a rom that does not have spoofing implemented required me to use a magisk module to enable an unofficial xposed for 7.1 on which I then had to use a fake gapps module, because of this mess i am unable to pass the safety net, I could just reflash a different rom, but I love XenonHD and don't wanna switch, hopefully the devs work on an esier way to install microG on almost any rom, or more roms work with them for implementation
>>
micro what?
>>
>>62278319
it takes like 30 seconds to enable spoofing in any rom
>>
>>62278346
What about turning on the fake gapps module on xposed, I didnt want to flash that unofficial version of xposed, so it is a module mess, but it works great when done
>>
>>62279268
idk, I don't even use xposed
google it, there's a way to extract a certain java file from android and patch it to allow spoofing, it works on any rom
the only downside is that you have to redo it if you update
>>
>>62278319
I use it since forever
but the thing i hate the most is how you need to install every push-enabled app AFTER microg, so that if you update microg, you need to reinstall every app after
not doing it shows the apps enabled and ready for push, but it does not notify anything at all
this is the confirmed behaviour in the website

it also happen when you update to a new version of the OS
>>
>>62280492
Why do apps need push notifications? Some other apps just do normal notification. Why do devs do this?
>>
>>62278319
microg is pretty much useless, just sideload apks from a burner $20 android if you need to on your gapp less phone/tablet.

ps not having google services adds a shitload of battery life to your devices.
>>
>>62280738
There are some apps that need the services even if microg'ed
>>
I asked this yesterday too but no one seems to know: can I pirate apps using lucky patcher with microg?

Does Waze work?
>>
>>62280813
Haven't tried pirating in ages, usually everything I need has a free open source option
Though I do remeber patching drastic way back when to work, but its been ages and i was on google then
>>
I HAD to install this shit because the Google Play Services update does not work on my phone and gapps require the new version, no amount of reinstalling the apk, the OS, fucking with permissions, etc. fixed it. And there was no way to report the crashes since the "report" button tries to take you to the store which won't work without play services. What a fucking joke.

Installed MicroG and I can at least read my email, access the store, hangouts, etc. and my phone doesn't run slow as shit anymore. I'm more than angry with Google over this bullshit, I was waiting for a patch since March and each update was still broken, the stock version worked fine every time but only with the playstore since like I said every other app requires the updated services.

For refferance my phone is running Marshmallow too so while it's old it's not THAT old that I should have to migrate phones for software issues.
>>
>>62280873
I'd also like to add I just ate 2 packs of PEZ, sorry for the giant wall of unordered text.
>>
NanoMod is better, it inclueds microg, fdroid and you can choose which store to install (play store or yalp)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-nanomod-5-0-20170405-microg-t3584928
>>
>>62281163
Do you just mean it's more convenient to install as a package instead of separate? I can't see it being better if it's just the same thing repackaged. Does it have additional things?
>>
>>62280770
for sure, but i don't trust data siphoning apps in general so i'm much happier using fdroid apps which don't need google play service garbage

the only app i miss is torque, and if i have a great need for it in the future i'll just crack it myself, android bytecode is super easy to read
>>
>>62281207
yeah more convenient, if you are interested read the documentation
>>
>>62281257
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll remember this when I switch phones and have to reinstall everything.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.