[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What order to read these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: books.jpg (438KB, 900x2134px) Image search: [Google]
books.jpg
438KB, 900x2134px
I want to have a strong foundation in programming.
In addition to working on actual projects, what order should I read these books?
>>
>>62275949
Pick a random one and read it. You're not gonna finish it anyways.

They talks about different topics so if you know what you want to learn it's much easier to choose.
>>
I usually start from the middle of the book and read a page from each side alternately.
>>
>>62275949
>no cracking the coding interview
>>
>>62276044
Come on, have a bit more faith in your fellow anons ability to finish books.
Asking because I have no idea what to learn in the first place. Any suggestions for beginners?

>>62276064
Do you perhaps eat all the filling in a sandwich before eating the bread?

>>62276272
Make an updated version then. The one I posted haven't been updated since 2014.
Bonus points if there's a reading order.
>>
>reading out dated books for computer science from 1980

I recommend you dumb dumbs simply buy the books and use them as shelf art.
>>
https://functionalcs.github.io
>>
>>62276401
If you don't know a programming language and you want to read something in that list, start with K&R.
If you already know an object oriented programming language, pick the design patterns one (even if I don't agree about the quality of that book).
If you already know a programming language and you want to open your horizons, go with lisp or haskell books.

I mean... if you want to have
>a strong foundation in programming
you want to read only the "the best-in-their-own-world tier" books. The only exception is code complete and sicp. The other books listed there are not meant for just programming.
>>
>>62276501
>404
>There isn't a GitHub Pages site here.
>>
>>62276963
My bad, https://functionalcs.github.io/curriculum/
>>
>>62276891
Thanks! Haven't touched C since uni so will go through that first to refresh my memory.
>>
>>62275949

Start with K&R and the little Schemer, then SICP.

Then one/two books about data structures.

Then skip through "pragmatic programmer", "code complete" and maybe learn "design patterns", if you are a java fag.

Forget about the rest. Do you want to build a compiler in Haskell? What's wrong with you??
But if you feel like, you can read "the cathedral & the bazaar" and "hackers delight" for fun.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.