[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any ISPs that will quit hijacking my fucking DNS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1503875028960.png (192KB, 487x304px) Image search: [Google]
1503875028960.png
192KB, 487x304px
Are there any ISPs that will quit hijacking my fucking DNS
>>
>>62274414
No.
>>
>>62274488
reeeeeeeeee

why
>>
Just use DNScrypt
>>
>tfw blocked from frequent sites

pls stop
>>
>>62274414
all of them, just set your own dns you dingus
>>
You're going to need four dnscrypt resolvers and an unbound forwarder.

Under the
server:
section in your unbound config, you'll need this
  do-not-query-localhost: no
module-config: "iterator"

Make this your forward zone config
forward-zone:
name: "."
forward-addr: 127.0.0.1@5301
forward-addr: 127.0.0.1@5302
forward-addr: 127.0.0.1@5303
forward-addr: 127.0.0.1@5304

Then copy
/etc/dnscrypt-proxy.conf
to
/etc/dnscrypt-proxy-1.conf
through
-4.conf
. Change the listening ports on each of them to 5301 through 5304 and set each of their revolvers to something different.

Create
/etc/systemd/system/[email protected]
with this contents
[Unit]
Description=dnscrypt-proxy

[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/local/sbin/dnscrypt-proxy /etc/dnscrypt-proxy-%i.conf
Restart=always

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Then
systemctl enable --now dnscrypt@1
through
dnscrypt@4
and start and enable unbound as well.

Put
nameserver 127.0.0.1
in
/etc/resolv.conf
and if you use network manager, put this in
/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

[main]
dns=none

to prevent it from overwriting your config.

Last step, egress filter UDP port 53. This will prevent unencrypted dns queries from escaping. Make your netfilter config look like this
# iptables -nL OUTPUT
Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT all -- 0.0.0.0/0 127.0.0.1
DROP udp -- 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 udp dpt:53

If we didn't have the ACCEPT all packets to 127.0.0.1, we wouldn't even be able to query localhost. Then, if it's not to localhost, and it's on udp port 53, just drop it.
>>
>>62275162
Doesn't matter, DNS requests are sent in the clear.
>>
>>62275675

You can probably do it with these commands
# iptables -F OUTPUT
# iptables -I OUTPUT -d 127.0.0.1 -j ACCEPT
# iptables -A OUTPUT --proto udp --dport 53 -j DROP

Don't forget to setup iptables persistence, however that's done on your distro.

Oh and I just realized, in my first post, you might need to change
/usr/local/sbin/dnscrypt-proxy
to
/usr/bin/env dnscrypt-proxy

Best of luck anon.
>>
>>62275678
>DNS requests are sent in the clear.

DNSCurve encrypts connections between origin nameservers, and a cache.
DNSCrypt encrypts connections between a client and a cache.
>>
>>62275678
He can enforce dnssec if he doesn't care about them being read but wants the ISP to not fuck with them (e.g., because they redirect invalid URLs to their own "hey we didn't find that, maybe you were looking for something like this OH BTW HERE, ADS" page) Or he can use dnscrypt like the other anons are talking about, which is kind of a pain to set up but provides both integrity and confidentiality. Or he can just get a VPN provider. DNS requests will go through the tunnel. His ISP won't be able to read or tamper with them, and they'll hit either the VPN provider's DNS, or come out on their end and travel to whatever other DNS server he selects.

The one thing all of these have in common is that you need to stop using the ISP's default DNS servers. Some of them are real dickweeds about this and try to redirect everything on port 53 to themselves.
>>
>>62274414
>his ancestors fell for the america meme
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.