[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good build for 1080p/1440p gaming ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Literallyme.jpg (210KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Literallyme.jpg
210KB, 1920x1080px
Sorry for bothering you /g/, just wanted to ask what do you think about this and what would you improve ? https: //pcpartpicker.com/list/NTd47h I want something that can run 1080 with no problems and maybe 1440p on some games, thanks !
>>
I think a GTX 1070 or a RX Vega 56 (if you can wait for lower prices) us better
>>
>>62272572
Oh ok thanks; I'll keep an eye on them, what do you think of the rest ?
>>
>>62272594
If you don't want a ryzen cpu the rest is good
>>
>>62272662
Ok, thanks !
>>
>>62272483
>hello this is yourpersonal tech support here to assemble your PC for you on /g/
fuck you faggot OP.
>>
>>62272682
Sorry, I know you surely get flooded with this shit but I posted before understanding where I actually had to ! my mistake
>>
>>62272682
Take your pills and be quiet
>>
The NZXT shit is complete overkill and waste of money for gaming. Get rid of that shit and put the money towards a 1070 or 1080.
>>
>>62272805
Yeah I'll get a 1070, since it seems it's necessary for 1440p; the thing with the NZXT is that I want to play with RGB lights and stuff (Yeah Im autistic I know), are there cheaper alternatives to this ?
>>
Thanks to everyone for all the help !
>>
>>62272483
This is far too expensive for what it is:

>i7 7700k
Alright I suppose, might wanna wait for cannonlake since a hexacore for nearly the same cost with the same single threaded performance should be a significant improvement outside of gaming
>$150 liquid cooler
just get any $70-80 cooler if youre insistent on overclocking, go look up benchmarks, the x52 looses to cheaper coolers.
If not overclocking a hyper 212 would be fine
>Mobo
Looks fine
>16gb of DDR4-3000 memory for $160
Loog into g skills memory, should offer higher spec for cheaper
>Samsung 850 Sata SSD
BIG MISTAKE. YOU WANT AN NVME SSD. This will be the biggest determinant in the "speed" and feel of your computer outside gaming. Do not fuck this up. Samsung 960 evo should be your pick.
>Seagate Barracuda 2TB Drive
Look into HGST, people on /g/ love them, great bang/buck, more reliable than barracudas, and generally a lil more performance
>$350 for a GTX 1060
You should be able to do better, my roomie just got a 6gb 1060 for $260.

Do not fall for the nonsensical ads on the various different cards, all will perform within 5-10% of each other, and can be manually overclocked to match the spec of another card. There may be cooling/binning, but its nothing to write home about.

>case
This is fine, right now frys electronics around the US have great sales going, would be worth checking out. You can probably find a $40-50 case of higher quality, but if that serves your needs its no biggie

>Power supply
$80 is reasonable, just do a cost analysis on the savings of 80+ gold (should be less than 7 dollars a year) and if fully modular really matters to you (you'll have half those cables plugged in 100% of the time anyway)

A 550watt would definitely suffice as well if you want to save money there

>LED controller
Youre an adult!

All in all, for $1657 cost you could get something with 24gb of RAM, a 1070, NVME storage, and more HDD space,just gotta be willing to cut costs a little in other places.
>>
>>62274115
The problem with Samsung 960 is this: The motherboard M.2 slot #2 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled.

What do ? Sorry Im really new to this
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.