[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Satellite Phones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: s.jpg (22KB, 280x174px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
22KB, 280x174px
Who has a sat phone
Which provider do you use?
What do you use it for?
How many minutes do you use?
Useage stories.
>>
>>62263914
Forgot to say, mine is in the pic, an Iridium Motorola 9555.
>>
>>62263925
are you some kind of a somali pirate, a narco or hardcore /out/? why would i want one?
>>
>>62264184
For when you're in a place with no cell coverage.
Boats.
Planes.
Trains.
When the goverment shuts down the cell networks, internet, and POTS.
>>
File: 2542352523r.jpg (56KB, 937x486px) Image search: [Google]
2542352523r.jpg
56KB, 937x486px
>>62263914
Iridium
the rest you don't need to know
>>
>>62264235
Implying what, that drug dealers use them?
Mexico is mostly desert.
>>
>>62264228
You realize that the Sat phone eventually hooks into land services right? If the government shuts down, so does the power to the telephone relays.
>>
>>62264355
They can call landlines, and other sat phones.
You need to read how satellite telephony works.
>>
>>62263914
Used to own a Motorola one, can't remember the model though. Brought it along with me during camping in case of emergencies.

Used it once to call the air ambulance after my friend got bit by a snake. Turns out it was a dry bite.

Sold it after my local telco companies somehow got basic gsm coverage to work near my favorite camping spot.
>>
arent those things really expensive to use?
>>
>>62263914
What is the monthly bill?
>>
>>62264759
Depends on the plan you get.
>>62264778
You can get prepaid or postpaid airtime.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.