[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to monetize server

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: img.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Sup /G/ I've been promoted to the Admin at my job. Boss doesn't care if I use old equipment for my own projects.

How can I monetize an old server? (40 cores 512GB of ram?) No gpus
>>
Cpu mine xmr I guess. Maybe a shitty little server for g to play on. Host some vpses? I'll buy a slot from you op provided the disc space is pretty good
>>
>>62257894
I'd probably lose $$ on the power from mining.

I wana rent out VPS but how do I know people won't post cheesy pizza or some illegal ass shit
>>
>>62257981
write up a TOS that your users agree to so that if shit ever hits the fan you aren't liable for the cheese pizza they put on it from a legal standpoint.
Also provide a way for companies to write a DMCA should they think one of your users is pirating their movies.

Just look at how other vps providers try to cover their asses.
>>
>>62257794
Colocate it and sell slices for game servers

Gamers are retarded and will pay way more than it's worth
>>
>>62258023
>Just look at how other vps providers try to cover their asses.

They have lawyers to deal with stuff though.

DMCA isn't an issue because not a thing in my country.
>>
>>62258043
>Colocate it and sell slices for game servers
>Gamers are retarded and will pay way more than it's worth
Might do this. Any ideas on where to advertise?
>>
>>62258058
If someone were to approach you claiming they are suspect of you hosting CP then having stuff like a TOS and other prior ordinances that say "Im not condoning their activity" then that kind of stuff is the most you have to do and 90% of the time they just want you to disclose information on the user and provide evidence if it ever reaches the point of a court order.

>>62258043
this is a better idea.
host some gmod servers on it
>>
>>62258072
No idea on where to advertise, but do be aware that game servers attract DDOS attacks.

You get little shitbags that want "donations" for "admin rights" on their garry's mod server or something, someone gets angsty and suddenly your network is being ddos'd.
>>
>>62258072
shill it on reddit. if you provide half decent service with some "free servers for the community, and hey if you wanna support me you can buy/rent additional slots :^)" kinda attitude you are set.
i recommend csgo servers.
>>
>>62258096
hahaa then can fuck off, the colo place includes DDOS protection.
>>
>>62258110
Thanks for the help. I might try and colo it in a few weeks after I get some more parts.
>>
>>62258072
Do some research on prices and undercut the competition. Find gaming communities that depend on servers and start advertising there. Also sell team speak/ventrilo/mumble servers.
>>
>dl580
Good luck anon, Those may be powerful, But holy fuck are they a nightmare to work on.
>>
>>62257794

mine monero just because. if the value jumps like it recently did then you'll make money.
>>
Your biggest ROI is going to be from just selling the server or its components.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.