[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NoSQL databases

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: penis.png (10KB, 359x140px) Image search: [Google]
penis.png
10KB, 359x140px
For my website's account system, which NoSQL database would be the best?

I think that having a columnar database or key-value store would be either way, very good. However I am undecided. I could use ScyllaDB, since it is just the faster version of Cassandra, or I could use a disk-based version of Redis like SSDB

These are my priorities in order:
1. Security: Nothing comes before this. Can't have SQL injections
2. Reliability: I need consistent results all the time
3. Speed: Speed is important, because I will be hashing the passwords 65536 times and then getting the database's password and comparing it with the hashed input.

Can you help decide which database I need based on the priorities and context?
>>
>>62257747
I think you want to hire a team of professionals for each point. Actually hire 3-4 companies for the first one especially. They should find quite a bit as you develop.

No money? Fuck, just try Scylla.
>>
>>62257747
Use SQL. There is literally no fucking reason to use NoSQL unless you have highly unstructured data, aside from not knowing SQL and not wanting to learn it (which is not a good reason).
>>
>>62257747
Use a text file
>>
/dev/null
>>
>>62258580
This anon is very much correct.
>>
File: reg1.gif (8KB, 381x211px) Image search: [Google]
reg1.gif
8KB, 381x211px
>>62257747
Windows Registry
>>
Use SQL, if you know how the data is going to look like beforehand than use SQL. You should only be using some NoSQL if something will be unpredictable and unstructured.

We typically run terabyte instances of MySQL with little issue, if it works for us, it'll work for you too given you know what data you're working with.
>>
>>62257747
>3. Speed: Speed is important, because I will be hashing the passwords 65536 times and then getting the database's password and comparing it with the hashed input.

I'm >>62258580 and reading this has me concerned. What do you mean by "hashing the passwords 65536 times"? Describe the process/algorithms you plan to use, please.
>>
>>62258736
Yeah, wtf is with that shit.
>>
>>62258736
well i will be hash stretching, so hackers have a tougher time bruteforcing
>>
>>62258580
i am very performance intensive in my applications. I will be running live real-time data through the app, and i will not have my database be a bottleneck. i know for reliability we could use an acid compliant database, but that would mean i would be using something along the lines of VoltDB or MemSQL, shit that needs tons of memory. I am on a budget and cannot afford that many clusters of servers
>>
>>62259021
It is very unlikely that the performance of the database will have an impact on the speed of computing a hash.
>>
>>62259046
Pick two:
>cheap
>fast
>reliable
>>
>>62259051
i need fast fetch times.
>>62259073
what would scylladb be, and what would redis and mongodb be
>>
>>62259235
>i need fast fetch times.
Then learn good schema and index design.
>>
>>62259021
What do you mean EXACTLY by hash stretching and which "hashing" algorithm will you be using?

>>62259046
Why do you think that a RDBMS is slower or requires more memory than a NoSQL DBMS? Why are you even concerned about speed without benchmarking for your own specific needs? I see no reason for SQL to be slower, more insecure or more memory demanding than a NoSQL language in your case, where you seem to be dealing with very well structured data.
>>
>>62259395
>Why do you think that a RDBMS is slower or requires more memory than a NoSQL DBMS?
mongodb marketing
>>
>>62259395
the algorithm will be Blake2B hashing. i am running a financial site, so more secure the better.

a rdbms is slower because i need to read columns to fetch data only, like in scylladb, as opposed to reading row by row a brazillian times

>>62259299
see my reply to the last guy

>>62259452
mongodb is cia shill. would not use
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.