[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fingerprint2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: fingerprint[1].jpg (148KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
fingerprint[1].jpg
148KB, 1000x600px
https://github.com/Valve/fingerprintjs2

whoever created this is a massive piece of shit
>>
Just wait til EFF releases a plugin to block this shit.
>>
I wonder if they'd accept a pull request to "do nothing" if the user has Do Not Track turned on.
>>
>>62252969
Why? They list everything they use for fingerprinting so you can counter it
>>
>>62252969
Valve is obviously to blame
>>
List of fingerprinting sources

>UserAgent
>Language
>Color Depth
>Screen Resolution
>Timezone
>Has session storage or not
>Has local storage or not
>Has indexed DB
>Has IE specific 'AddBehavior'
>Has open DB
>CPU class
>Platform
>DoNotTrack or not
>Full list of installed fonts (maintaining their order, which increases the entropy), implemented with Flash.
>A list of installed fonts, detected with JS/CSS (side-channel technique) - can detect up to 500 installed fonts without flash
>Canvas fingerprinting
>WebGL fingerprinting
>Plugins (IE included)
>Is AdBlock installed or not
>Has the user tampered with its languages
>Has the user tampered with its screen resolution
>Has the user tampered with its OS
>Has the user tampered with its browser
>Touch screen detection and capabilities
>Pixel Ratio
>System's total number of logical processors available to the user agent.

How the fuck do you even begin to counter this level of shit?
>>
>>62253645
>>How the fuck do you even begin to counter this level of shit?
disable JS. Boom, done.
>>
>>62253645
>>DoNotTrack or not
lol
>>
>>62252969
>use librejs and umatrix
Problem solved.
>>
>>62253666
>disable JS. Boom, done.
>Your browser does not have JavaScript enabled. Please enable JavaScript to use $foo
>>
>>62253774
A lot of sites will still show you an article with JS blocked. If you want to watch videos, well, quit being a brainlet who prefers watching to reading.
>>
>>62253645
https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/
>>
>>62253806
>quit being a brainlet who prefers watching to reading
LITERALLY a fucking sour grapes argument.
Can't wait for FOSS to crash and burn so these people disappear.
>>
>>62254061
he's calling you a brainlet because you're too stupid to figure out how easy it is to open anything with mpv
>>
They're always able to figure out that my OS is linux despite me spoofing my user agent.
>>
File: file.png (117KB, 283x596px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
117KB, 283x596px
>>62252969
>>62253617
wtf
Valve is not valve valve
but valve literally who valve
>>
>>62254319
https://github.com/ValveSoftware
>>
>>62254319
wtf i hate russia now
>>
>>62254281
Oh God same here
What's the point using a windows user agent if anysite can see that i am using linux through JS?
Also unlike 8ch 4chan need JS for the catalog
>>
>>62254351
post site
>>
>>62254281
User agent changing is only useful to fool simple sites. Changing it only increases entropy and makes you more unique. No, using random user agent doesn't really work.
>>
>>62254061
It's not even correct. Often you can just feed the URL to mpv and watch the video that way.

I never have js enabled for *Tube type sites.
>>
>>62253692
This is so bad, I just don't want to go to any other site besides 4chan and you tube anymore.
Man I might as well quit the internet.
>>
>>62254351
Well you can disable first party scripts which should work on random sites.

>>62254377
But I use special snowflake browser.
>>
>>62254402
>But I use special snowflake browser.
If it's something a site can detect using special snowflake browser is only going to make you stand out from the crowd (i.e make you look even more unique and therefore easier to track).
>>
>>62254371
https://ipleak.net/ just do a test even with a random user agent it can see which os your are using.
>>
There's nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>62254402
Which script should i disable in 4chan for example?
>>
>>62254377
What if i use a windows user agent and disable JS?
>>
File: firefox_2017-09-04_17-37-00.png (7KB, 433x149px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-09-04_17-37-00.png
7KB, 433x149px
>>62254516
you fucking up on your side, i'm spoofing my FF as chrome and it picks up chrome
>>
>>62254530
Everything Ublock Origin blocks.
>>
>>62254530
I think it's possible for 4chan to be usable with 4chan x (with some special settings) and scripts disabled. You probably still need the cdns though. I haven't tried it.
>>
>>62254571
>system information
>>
>>62254591
Some site still make me download .deb software for example even though i have a windows user agent,
Or did you mean everything ublock origin can block?
>>
>>62254571
That works if you don't have JS enabled.
>>
>>62254592
What's about the catalog?
>>
>>62254656
It's probably system information like >>62254643
said. If you look at navigator.oscpu and navigator.platform in the webconsole that gives away Linux. There could be other giveaways too. If you have JavaScript enabled and want to spoof your OS you'll probably have to do more than just changing your useragent.
>>
>>62254675
You can set 4chan X to use its own catalog instead of the native one.
>>
>>62252969
>https://github.com/Valve/fingerprintjs2/issues/258
This faggot complaining about ad blocking lists himself from India
>>
>>62254709
Stay mad.
>>
>>62254709
That's just sad. By all means create fingerprinting software but you should recognise that some people do not want to be tracked. If an adblocker has added it to their lists it's for good reason and if anyone were to deploy the script they'd probably change the filename anyway.
>>
I use it on one site. I discovered gigantic click fraud botnet thanks to this.
>>
>>62254682
Thanks, so what can i do beside disabling JS ?
set general.oscpu.override in firefox and type " Windows10" ?
>>
>>62254757
It's not the dev complaining about it; just some random fag.
>>
>>62254705
Didn't know about this, i'll try it thank you
>>
>>62254779
The dev is clearly immoral.
>>
>>62254349
He's from chicago, so it's your country to blame. If he stayed in russia he'd be just drinking vodka on lavochkas with the rest of us.
>>
web developers will be among the first to go on the day of the shocking calamity
>>
>>62254775
Honestly I don't think you can do anything. There's all sorts of metrics that could be used to detect an OS if someone really wanted to. As a small naive example Mozilla announced WebVR but only on Windows so a developer could use this fact as part of their detection, if WebVR is present you are almost certainly using Windows if it isn't you're using ?
>>
>>62254775
here are the relevant parts from my user.js for firefox.

user_pref("general.appname.override", "Netscape");
user_pref("general.appversion.override", "5.0 (Windows)");
user_pref("general.buildID.override", "20100101");
user_pref("general.oscpu.override", "Windows NT 6.1");
user_pref("general.platform.override", "Win32");
user_pref("general.productSub.override", "20100101");
user_pref("general.useragent.override", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0");
user_pref("general.useragent.vendor", "");
user_pref("general.useragent.vendorSub", "");
[\code]
>>
>>62254907
Damn it, no i am not using windows i am using Xubuntu.
>>
>>62255017
I don't think I made myself clear. The point I was trying to make is just the act of a feature being present or not present is enough to distinguish between two OS's. For example do you have the ComicSans MS font installed? If you do probably Windows, if you don't then you're using something else, etc...
>>
>>62255073
You can add this to your user.js in firefox to disable system fonts.
user_pref("browser.display.use_document_fonts", 0);
[\code]
>>
>>62254940
This could work i'll add them

>>62255073
Oh and there is plenty of other things that can be used to identify an OS.
shit
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.