[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your opinion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 18

Your opinion?
>>
>>62252849
Schuckster and bilker keeps talking.
>>
>>62252849
I'm guessing more of a space-race-esque scenario, but with more countries involved.
>>
>>62252849
>oy vey don't cut off the tap to our H1B workers
WW3 comes once the west disintegrates into tribalism due to the fact it flooded itself with incompatible immigrant populations in unmanageable numbers thanks to people like Elon who have no appreciation of social cohesion. Utopian obsessions with singularity miss the fact that half the world's population and growing aren't online and won't ever be. They have no desire to progress socially or technologically. They want resources the old fashioned way and when they are numerous enough, they will have them.
>>
>>62252849
My opinion is that Elon Musk is an idiot. He says stupid shit, and gets credit when it comes to pass, but its forgotten when its wrong. His companies have only succeeded, to the extent that they have, by virtue of him being able to throw lots of money at them, and his ability to persuade gullible investors to throw more money at them.

AI will not cause WW3. Worrying about Skynet dooming us all is just his latest obsession, like the man-on-mars multi-planet-species bullshit was six months ago.
>>
>>62252849
Faggot
>>
File: 1479609289520.png (65KB, 1092x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1479609289520.png
65KB, 1092x1037px
Why can't I get 30k likes for saying stupid things
>>
>>62253387
you can do that on 4chan. Like that guy on /pol/ who got octs with the "plz be my ai gf" post, he got thousands of (You)s.
>>
>>62252849
There is no such thing as "AI". "AI" is impossible. If you're talking about searching/filtering algorithms that rely on human goal-definition and input to work, why call it "intelligence"? If I create a sieve with openings large enough for sand to fall through, but too small for stones, is the sieve "intelligent" or the process one of "intelligence"?
>>
>>62253459
that requires a lot of luck though
>>
>>62253387
You can actually though. Just start a twitter account with a "personality".
>>
>>62252849
nigger actor fraud is lying again.
>>
>>62253465
Theoretically, a very sophisticated IA can improve it's intelligence exponentially over time until it becomes higher than human's.
>>
No. He just wants you to meme a robot war for him.
>>
>>62253531
No, it's not theoretically possible. It is theoretically impossible because it's based on a category error.
>>
>>62253589
can you elaborate?
>>
>>62252849
I'd trust China or Russia over the flood of third world niggers trying to infiltrate our county. Godspeed
>>
>>62252849
That he's an idiot for buying the retired NUMMI plant instead of building a plant in a right to work state, all his bitching about unions could have been prevented if he actually looked at what he was getting himself into
>>
>>62253611
Whatever we mean by intelligence in the various contexts we use it, it is never meant to mean sequential operations on discrete data, which is the only thing a computer is capable of. That's something that computers can do much better and faster than humans, but you wouldn't worry about automobiles surpassing human intelligence on the basis of their capacity to move through space faster than humans.
>>
>>62252849
Can we please just ban Musk threads?

That retard dosent even know a single thing about technology let alone operating a business that dosent make massive loss on permanent basis.
>>
>>62252947
>tips fedora

Ah, a fellow red pilled patrician, I see.
>>
>>62252947
USA can't even agree on the number of genders while china is crushing AI and genetics
>>
I, for one, welcome our new killer cyborg overlords.
>>
someone post the picture of the spook chasing him
>>
>>62253387
just bee urself
>>
>>62253851
The people who can't agree on genders are currently empowered by this flood of slave immigrant voters who will eventually devour their political party and turn it into a tribal mess. Even Salon wants to back away from the identity system they helped to create, but it's too late and that's now how humans work. You can't just tell them to stop. It's all they know.

AI is such a trivial concern by comparison. We're decades away from the kind of breakthrough that would make a skynet scenario even remotely plausible. And yet here we are listening to billionaire neoliberals complain that they don't have enough migrant code slaves to keep their furnace cooking at 100%, threatening the world with nightmare scenarios of what could happen if le bad guys in Beijing or Moscow get to it first.
>>
File: 1484255076421.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484255076421.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>62253459
>>62253475
>>62253981
at least got 3 likes thanks guys
>>
Musk is a great businessman but he should stop trying to sound like a messiah on tech issues.
>>
>>62252849
He's sort of right I think, but it will be the development of the first truly effective quantum computer that could kick WW3 off.
>>
>>62254060
so great he can't even turn a profit with massive government subsidies
>>
>>62252978
This is a pretty well known bug in the psyche - we ignore or gloss over lies, unfactual stuff etc while paying attention to the rest. It's why people still read horoscopes
>>
File: 1502218343879.png (408KB, 634x640px) Image search: [Google]
1502218343879.png
408KB, 634x640px
>>62252849
Russia or USA win.

China is Jewish and shit and souless. They cannot be allowed to win. Wars between Russia or USA would ensure a Chinese AI victory.
>>
>>62252849
Con-artist who preys on brainlets.
>>
>>62253985
Can't wait for when China will take other the world. They don't give a shit about frivolous thinks as people genders or other leftist bullshit like that.
Suicides will skyrock and it's a good thing.
>>
>>62252978

I don't doubt that he's a smart guy to have accomplished everything he's done so far, but him being so worried about AI definitely undermines his intelligence. Acting like a beta scared bitch causes loss of respect and skepticism over competence.
>>
>>62253985
>AI less of a concern than political distractions pushed by polisci fags desperately trying to stay relevant

There won't be politics or even identity sooner than you think.
>>
Elon Musk is so fucking dumb
>>
>>62254301
Engineer's Disease. "I know a whole lot about X, therefore my opinions on Y must be intelligent, surely Y is much like X."
>>
>>62252849
Game theory and related algos were already used extensively during the cold war in both sides.
i.e.: the soviet doomsday machine
>>
>>62254358
Is there an actual term for that? It's so damn common on all social media platforms.
>>
>>62254332
Normies actually think a city on Mars is feasible in the next thousand years (I don't think it ever will be).
>>
>>62254311
>le ebin singularity
Cargo cultists pls go.
>>
Nope
Google already won the Ai race.
They're just not doing much with it(Atleast not something we know).
>>
>>62254390
Maaaan you don't know how far the US defense department can go, they have the budget and if they think they need a city on moon or Mars they'll probably make the gov spend few trillions to make it happen.
>>
>>62254390
It's feasible today, the question is will it ever be economical and socially acceptable to fund. That answer is probably no because the public is increasingly disinterested in space due to wild demands for more social welfare and the economy is only growing due to monetary inflation.
>>
>>62254600
Energy, water, air and even building materials.

Which of these do you think is feasible today? Make a small base for a handful of people would be doable at great expense.
>>
>>62254676
>make
*maybe
>>
>>62254676
Yes, that's the point. At great expense, hence the economical and social will part. I don't get why people get anally fixated on misidentifying "it's possible," with "we can easily do this."

As I said, there's no will or willing money to do it, so it won't be done. But if you had someone who said it must be done and billions to throw at the task, it could plausibly happen. That's all I'm saying.

There are a million things that could go wrong even if you tried which would cause catastrophic failure, but the same can be said of most space faring activity.
>>
>>62254381
Engineer's Disease is just what I heard it called in an article once. I have no idea what other terms for it there are.
>>
>>62252849
AI safety is a real concern but I don't like Elon Musk so he's a big dumb nerd who should shut up.
>>
>>62254060
He's just a Gen X faggot who acts like a boomer.
>>
>>62252947
Our esteemed leaders - the corporatocracy that has gripped the western world in consumerism and degeneracy - have set themselves up for failure.

Their monopolies beget stagnation and decay rather than competition and survival. The bureaucracy is more interested in its own survival than that of its people. The corporations and banks want lower wages to fuel unsustainable growth and unlimited usury which shackle the people with misery. The shadow-government wants total control over the individual and seeks to divide and conquer domestic groups against each other, to prevent uprising or revolt.

In their effort to tighten their grip, they're weakening themselves. They've weakened themselves by design, because a weak people can be easily conquered - but their own power stems from the power of their people. Our shepherds have long lost their sense of responsibility and see themselves as merchant butchers, their flock nothing more than a resource to consume and use up for the profits necessary to feed their heroin addiction.

Who here amongst us is willing to fight against Russia and China? I could not care less about them. It's my own government that is more dangerous to me than the Russians or Chinese ever will be.

Soon enough it'll be illegal for me to even say what I have in this post. We'll have western gulags and western NKVD will sprout and bloom. Everywhere you turn will be propaganda that nobody believes, but you put on the airs of it lest you disappear in the night.

And this time, I know the US elites will choose nuclear armageddon where the soviets picked social collapse.
>>
File: YICmzQp.jpg (79KB, 1105x614px) Image search: [Google]
YICmzQp.jpg
79KB, 1105x614px
>>62253387
this is straight out of my motivational pictures folder
>>
>>62254149
Entirely because the profits are immediately reinvested into the company to expand business and production capacity.

Not that you would understand what any of these words mean, fanatic.
>>
File: MfuACCv.png (285KB, 1080x1620px) Image search: [Google]
MfuACCv.png
285KB, 1080x1620px
>>
I've watched enough anime to know WW3 is going to be over who makes the first time machine
>>
>>62254961
>he's so good at business he can't make money
>>
File: 215_590cf130c2783.jpg (261KB, 900x1280px) Image search: [Google]
215_590cf130c2783.jpg
261KB, 900x1280px
>>62252849

Too bad US government think "tech are for nerds" cutting funds for R&D and STEM schools. This is why companies need H1Bs for survive.
>>
>>62252849
why do people hop on tencho meme mans dick so hard
>>
>>62254676
All of it is feasible. There is nothing preventing us from being a star-faring civilization colonizing the solar system except will.

People don't want it. They want free healthcare and welfare without taxes. They want to go to school to get a job without paying for it. They want to have their cake and eat it too. Better to spend all our money on cake than to build a farm and gather food for winter.
>>
File: 3216121-1979030341-rjsug.jpg (49KB, 575x515px) Image search: [Google]
3216121-1979030341-rjsug.jpg
49KB, 575x515px
My opinion is that this is a problem for the future generations beyond the years of my lifespan, therefore I will not waste my energy caring about such shit and will instead focusing on continuing being a serial rapist of both women and men and enjoying life as it is.
>>
>>62254961
>Entirely because the profits are immediately reinvested into the company to expand business and production capacity.
Tesla's books are a matter of public record you ignorant cock-sucking greentarded fruitcake. He's not "reinvesting all his profits," he's not making any profits at all. His expenses are greater than his revenue. The only thing keeping the company afloat is literal subsidy payments from the federal government.

Leave it to truly brainwashed idiot to defend corporate handouts for billionaires while the greatest income inequality ever seen is taking hold in the country.
>>
>>62255070
>le ebin musk always loses money but its all part of the plan meme

why do people fall for this
>>
His marketing team tells him what he has to say in the morning so he's in the news by the evening.
>>
>>62252849
More likely causes of WW3 or nuclear war:
>North Korea
>Ukraine
>Middle East
>Chinese Civil War
>Russian Civil War
>Indian Civil War
>US Civil War
>Chinese expansionism
>Russian expansionism
>EU expansionism
>>
>>62255043
>star-faring
>solar system

You're not the brightest match in the box, are you? Star Trek is not real you pedophile.
>>
>>62255070
>The only thing keeping the company afloat is literal subsidy payments from the federal government.
And gullible VCs with more dumb money than they know what to do with. Don't forget them.
>>
>>62253387
social media marketing
>>
He's partially right, but there's nothing anyone can do to prevent it from happening.

Just like the atom bomb, the technology exists. If we don't develop it, others will, and we'll go into history as the suckers who preferred not to fight.

AI is coming, whether you like it or not, so we'd better go along and get some ourselves.
>>
>>62255089
>muh conpuracy teeree
No nigger, it's the same process that every other fat-cat has been using since the gilded age. You convince the govnerment through lobbying to prop up your business and they do so until someone raises enough of a stink to make the subsidy go away. We've done it for big pharma and big agra for over a century. How is this news to you?

Turn off the Fox News and read a fucking book about how the upper class operates. Try Chomsky.
>>
>>62252849
"AI" is just a dog whistle for automation. The only thing to come out of it is the super rich getting richer and the poor and destitute being left worse off.
>>
File: crest_23934.png (13KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
crest_23934.png
13KB, 256x256px
>>62255018
If he wasn't making money he wouldn't be in business.

Unfortunately, you suffer a mental disease that prevents you from accepting reality: Musk is making money and then spending it, rather than letting it sit and do nothing. I doubt you'll ever be able to escape the mental delusions you've trapped yourself with.

As an aside, virtually every major corporation and business in the world receives subsidies from somebody - in many cases far in excess of anything Elon's companies have ever received. It's a wonder that individuals like you can claim in one breath what a welfare queen Musk is for accepting government contracts, yet in the other state that we need to prop up our oil or agriculture industry to keep it competitive or maintain prices for the good of the economy.

To a fanatic like you, there is no possibility for Elon Musk to do anything good. You've already read the scripture from your parish, heard the sermons from your pastor. Elon Musk is Satan and everything he does is Sin.
>>
>>62252849
>>
>>62252849
everytime this guy is posted i wonder what would he be doing if he didn't immigrate illegally to the US and never escaped south africa
>>
File: projecting.jpg (34KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
projecting.jpg
34KB, 490x333px
>>62255185
>>
>>62255029
We should change the H1B system so that the highest paid H1B visa holders get first dibs: If you want your H1B visa holders to get into the country faster, you need to pay them a higher wage.

Let's see how much longer H1B visa abuse persists with a sensical adjustment like that.
>>
>>62255185
>If he wasn't making money he wouldn't be in business.
Neither would the military industrial complex, but we don't just assume they're making money legitimately either. They're corporate welfare queens.

You need to brush your fucking teeth anon, I can smell the corporate cock on your breath a mile away.
>>
>>62255185
>this is what teathuglican conservashits actually believe
read a book you inbred retard
>>
>>62252849
Elon musk is an overrated cunt. He's not a visionary of any sort, he gets free money. A lot of people could accomplish big things with free money.
>>
File: crest_46084.png (10KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
crest_46084.png
10KB, 256x256px
>>62255166
The poor and destitute will at some point simply be culled. Why expend resources on all these people who contribute nothing?

The last thing you ever want to be is a consumer - a parasite.
>>
>>62255102
>North Korea
China activates sleepers and all its forces, and North Korea turns into Chinese province overnight.
>Ukraine
Nobody cares about that radioactive shithole.
In fact, the more ruined they are, the more Ukranian prostitutes for the rest of us.
>Middle East
Irrelevant with the decreasing significance of oil. Once we have abandoned them, they will start their old tribal wars and Shiite-Sunni wars, and wars with Jews, none of which the rest of the world gives a fuck about.
>Chinese Civil War
Han Chinese constitute over 92% of Chinese demographic, and the hybridized multiple-system policies of China stabilize the very populace to such a degree that most discontent gets erased via migration to the agreeable zone, while even the biggest protest recorded as of yet didn't even constitute 0.001% of the Chinese population (Western Media attempting to make something out of nothing is as worthless as punching air).
>Russian Civil War
Russians too lazy for Civil War. That age has passed.
>Indian Civil War
1 in 5 people in India are Muslim, and Muslim and Hindus hate each other with Sikh in the middle too, so this is your most valid and close-to-war post yet. But nobody cares about them enough to make it a World War.
>US Civil War
KEK Closest thing to a Civil War you will see is Latino gang wars or Latinos trying to ethnically cleanse blacks
(http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan/15/local/la-me-0115-gang-sentence-20130115)
>Chinese expansionism
>Russian expansionism
Chinese is a more valid concern if they hit India.
Russians however are too slow or lazy.
>EU expansionism
KEK
>>
>>62255300
They haven't been culled in a long time though and it's making the earth shit itself.
>>
>>62255300
>The poor and destitute will at some point simply be culled
Making others the poor and destitute. There's no end to designate "poor and destitute" since everything is on a spectrum and you'll simply set the bar of whatever metric you look for higher once the bottom is cleared out. And once it has been established, it will be repeated when the next problems occur.
>>
File: 1492614190716.png (622KB, 1024x647px) Image search: [Google]
1492614190716.png
622KB, 1024x647px
>>62252849
I don't think that will be the scenario, and if it is, nobody would be as foolish as leaving the nuclear missile defenses under total AI control and without at least 10 layers of physically and electically isolated sistems to launch them.

I would be more concerned in a more plausible situation where AIs can (and are) effectively implementing filter bubbles, restricting the information people can receive, and thus enclosing people in their own opinions, where information which contradicts their perception of reality is not only undesirable, but even illogical.
This polarization will (and currently is) make people become more violent, as their mindset only meets only positive reinforcement, be it right or wrong, because, hell, we all hate being wrong.
Think in Plato's Myth of the Cavern, but instead of big press corporations of XX century think in these AIs as the ones projecting the shadows on the wall in this century.

And about automation, it will be our only chance to sustain a population that will grow more slowly at this century. Every population growth projections shows that population for all countries will reach a maximum somewhere this century, and then slowly decline. Population will age and there will be fewer people to sustain an ever growing number of retired people. I don't count on a big war, famine, disease or natural disaster to keep our numbers below 10 billion, but a mix of nihilism and economic crisis, as we will feel less and less useful on this planet, automation accelerating that process; all while our current system of debt-backed money is doomed to explode in a time interval of 2 decades.

What will happen afterwards? Only God knows. Future will be in parts exciting, strange and scary.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU7FuAswPW0
>>
>>62255320
The EU will collapse under the weight of both their own incompetence, and the incompetence of their true rulers. It's already happening, and Trump has already tried to pivot the US into Eastern Europe as damage control to maintain containment of Russia.

Unfortunately, he is not getting much slack to actually carry out any of what he needs to do. Congress is too slow and stupid, and the deep state is too myopic to fall in line.

Russia and China are, at the moment, allies of circumstance. They'll be at each others' throats as soon as Anglo hegemony is defeated. I can't say there's any good direction for the US right now, but the best chance may well be pulling out of global affairs, feigning incapability, and watching/waiting for Russia and China to expend their resources against each other, rather than against America.

A geopolitical retreat because the US has been outmaneuvered and outnumbered.
It's what any good general would do. Don't fight the river, flow with it. Retreat, lull the enemy into complacency, entice him into pursuing you onto your own turf, ambush and annihilate his vanguard, then counter-attack and annihilate his survivors.

>>62255477
You'll have to take that up with the psychopaths in charge who see everything in Machiavellian undertones. Mass genocide isn't something I endorse, it's something I predict.
>>
>>62255320
>EU expansionism
KEK
Ask Russia. It's their biggest concern.
>muh warsaw pact states prefer going to someone with money
>>
>>62252849
>Most likely cause of WWIII
JEWS
>>
>>62252849
Elon Musk has a company that develops "safe AI."
Of course he wants you to think AI is dangerous. Put two and two together, man.
>>
File: 1476564133530.jpg (6KB, 180x145px) Image search: [Google]
1476564133530.jpg
6KB, 180x145px
>>62255566
And this. Time is become short for USA to stop being an Empire and pretending to be the geopolitical police of the world. Their external debt due to military operations around the world will crush them if they don't do something and start right now.
They can't pretend everybody will go along the Petrodollar forever. Russia, China and Iran are openly challenging that standard, and FED needs to lend more banknotes in order to be able to keep US economy on wheels.
If they start preparing now, the backlash won't be so violent and the US has some hopes of not ending up in bankruptcy.
>>
>>62255566
>Mass genocide isn't something I endorse, it's something I predict.
Well, easy there Nostradamus. This happens indeed all the time. No need to predict something that ubiquitious.
You called it the culling of the poor. For regular psychopaths, they are a way to valuable ressource. They prefer to cull their neighbors.

Raising living standards and higher cost of maintaining children has been the most effective way of population control anyway.
>>
>>62255579
>Muh Warsaw Pact states are all pulling out as soon as cucked ex-colonist Westerners tried to push colonization guilt and migrants upon countries that had nothing to do with colonization and don't want filthy migrants dirtying up their streets
>few that had ambitions to enter EU are also pulling out because they don't want EU forcing migrants upon them as they are fucked up enough as it is
Fixed that for you.
Also populism may not have won the war these past 2 years, but it is undeniable that populism has suddenly arisen (not out of nowhere or for no reason) and is slowly seeing increases in numbers, and losing battles doesn't make the massive enough percentage of populists go away.

EU is fucked if they keep taking 3rd world cultures in, because the majority of non-imperialist and non-colonist nations don't want, don't care, and have no responsibility towards shitskin diarrhea, and half of them had enough contact with Ottomans that Pigfucker Allah is not welcome out of historical reasons.
>>
>>62255579
Russia doesn't care about Europe insomuch as Russia correctly recognizes Europe is a paper tiger ready to collapse with the smallest nudge.

Putin couldn't have asked for a better environment to instigate civil unrest and revolt for crippling Europe than their own genius plan to seed European nations with millions of Africans. The individuals who came up with such idiocy should have their entire genetic lineage and legacies ended. Putin need do absolutely nothing: Europeans leaders put the hangman's noose around their own necks without him having to lift a finger.

I can only imagine how fucking hilarious he finds it.

His real trouble to the west only comes from Eastern Europe, who are neither stupid enough to trust him, nor stupid enough to sacrifice their national cohesion for the sake of temporary political control and economic growth. If we see new world powers rising in the coming century, I'd bet my life savings on Eastern Europe being amongst them.
>>
>>62255600
>three laws safe
oh lawdy dis gun be gud
>>
>>62255600
I was writing a post to explain why you're retarded, but got lazy.

You're retarded.
>>
File: 5063.jpg (107KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
5063.jpg
107KB, 380x380px
>>62252849
There's an excellent commie techno album about that.
>>
>>62252849
I just hope the AI give global coup.
>>
>>62255724
No please, tell me more about Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.
>>
>>62255679
I said more specifically that it would be culling of consumers.

If you are effectively a parasite on the elite - you produce nothing, only consume resources - then you, in the purely darwinian sense, are useless and need to go. And WILL go, as soon as resources become scarce and those in control gain the means to cull.

Anyone excited about the prospects of a guaranteed basic income is a fool. GBI, welfare in general - it's a trap, at it's best it's a way for the elites to control people. A psychopath doesn't get rid of the pawns that are useful to him, and in truth it is as much the pawns who control the master as the master who controls the pawns. However, people on welfare are not useful. They don't produce, they only take.

A pawn that does nothing but weaken you? You get rid of it. It's a parasite. If you're on welfare, you can probably look forward to conscription - for labour or war - in your future.

This is also fundamental to how Europe is killing themselves. The mass importation of Africans only gave them millions of parasites. I don't know who tricked the European leaders into doing it, but it's a supreme indicator of utter incompetence. Western European leadership will not outlive their mistake. They're dead men walking and they don't even realize it yet.
>>
>>62255320
>Russians too lazy for Civil War. That age has passed.
As of now we are heading straight for Third Chechen War this time with whole Caucasus Region involved.
>>
>>62255699
>>62255680

>I can only imagine how fucking hilarious he finds it.
He finds it so hilarious because he actively pursues it.

>supporting assad made the war last way longer than anticipated
>russians big in trafficking
>russians even traffick over Russia
>influencing European parties that use populism and promote isolationism and anti-european agendas
>even positioned an incompetent fascist as the president of the largest ally Europe has

Europe didn't invite them, against popular belief, every major step, especially Swedens and Germany's stepping in was mainly to stabilize the countries along the route. The brave eastern European Countries that weren't even remotely able to secure their borders. But now they bitch and moan because they have to care for the people that they let in.

France and the Brits invited them perhaps, they're humongous faggots.
>>
>>62255855
This also falls in line with a lot of the predictions of the future, which seems to be a sort of everyone's their own island format which means those that are purely consumers (as you state) are done.
>>
>>62252849
Musk should not talk about subjects he doesn't understand.
>>
>>62255855
>They don't produce, they only take.
What is producing worth without takers?
What is wealth worth without the poor?

We are past the point where such a society works. Productivity killed that. Not migrants.

Wasting ressources and time, and the inequality of wealth drives a self contained world economy.
>>
>>62253720
Presumably you have an argument to the effect that humans are capable of something categorically different from what a computer is capable of. I would be very interested to hear that argument, assuming it does not posit the existence of magic.
>>
>>62255935
Technological development makes everyone a consumer in not too long.
Take IT. If a new framework makes work 20 % more effective, you're not hiring the same amount of people for the same wage but 20% less hours. You sack 20% of workers.

The only question is: Will those that have the ressources to get autonomous in the new technological communism quickly be fast enough killing all the others?
>>
>>62256092
Makes everyone a consumer, but there's a pretty vast difference between purely a consumer and a producer who also consumes. The latter of which a majority of the population belong to until automation slowly replaces them. Those that refuse to take up new production positions are SOL.
We're seeing it now.
>>
>>62254548
>source: pop science
>>
>>62256043
>What is producing worth without takers?
Prior to our current age, almost everyone produced and took. Which we call - exchange.

Today we are creating a class of people who produce nothing yet still survive. Even culture is being appropriated from them by multinational corporations - the people have little to nothing to genuinely exchange for anything produced by another person or entity.

Production is, at its core, the expenditure of energy to create. What do millions of people fat on a diet of television, create? Take away their job, give them their comforts. What do they expend their energy on?

They just fatten themselves, truthfully.

Always make yourself useful if you can. Whether by intellect or muscle. Useful people have power and will not be thrown away like parasitic trash.
>>
>>62256143
>Those that refuse to take up new production positions
And that are? It's no longer "a new industry arises and someone who collects horse shit for a living in the streets now assembles cars".

We are seeing a fundamental change in how much work can be done by fewer persons. It's the golden age of college acquired legislations coming up, not some new form of labour. The future of many fields of economy is humans with licences of some kind greenlighting computer's actions and decisions because they legally have to be greenlit by a natural person. This economy can not sustain itself without pure consumers.

And another question arises: Is a FOSS-Developer a producer or purely a consumer?
>>
>>62252849
I'm astounded that he can't write a proper sentence.
>>
>>62256270
>What do millions of people fat on a diet of television, create?
A fuckhuge market to be useful to.
>>
>>62253387
If you were a cute girl you could just laugh and giggle on twitch all day and get back thousands by wealthy saudis just for playing video games.

No i'm not making this shit up. This is where we are at now. This is reality believe it or not.
>>
>>62256325
Maybe. We'll see how it goes.
>>
>>62255679
>Raising living standards and higher cost of maintaining children has been the most effective way of population control anyway.
There is zero cost to maintain children in the western world so long as you are non-western phenotype.
>>
>>62256350
t. never been outside
>>
>>62256350
Then why are the number of children in those families dwindling every generation?
>>
>>62256287
>Is a FOSS-Developer a producer or purely a consumer?
As I said, both producer and consumer.

> It's no longer "a new industry arises and someone who collects horse shit for a living in the streets now assembles cars".
How so? There are still many vastly understaffed positions. The vast majority don't even know how to operate a computer efficiently. There are still many areas of creation and maintenance which require/will require more people but they're stuck in their old ways of coal mining.

The economy already currently does sustain itself without pure consumers. They exist, but they aren't substantial enough. If government bodies and The People refuse to move on, they WILL become pure consumers.
>>
>>62256350
If you ever get a woman to live with you and you think about making babies your primary concern will be the money
>>
>>62256379
yeah if you're white

or asian
>>
>>62256043
>Productivity killed that. Not migrants.
Even if that were true, migrants add more fuel to the fire of social unrest and economic cost associated with maintaining the social welfare state.

Wealth inequality in the world is overwhelmingly the result of western oligarchs importing slave labor from the third world instead of allowing the third world to keep their productive classes.
>>
>>62256358
Not an argument.
>>62256374
I don't see how that matters if the first generation is larger every year by flow-rate. You do realize that over 90% of the world's population isn't in the west, right?
>>62256379
Yeah, because I don't qualify for dem programs as a white-presenting hapa.
>>
>>62255043
>They want to go to school to get a job without paying for it

This somehow bad? Paying for education is degenerate, I'm really sorry for Americans, elitist cunts.
>>
>>62256466
Paying for unqualified people to waste society's resources on meme degrees is also degenerate. That's pretty much what all western school systems do now, public or otherwise. We're WAY over-graduating the social sciences and under-graduating the most crucial STEM degrees. And nobody DARE say anything about it because muh racism muh sexism muh education is a human right.

I'm progressive and I am sick of hearing idiots cry about rights and constitutions like a bunch of rethuglican christurds when SOCIETY is SICK and needs LOGIC and REASON.
>>
>>62254149
t. GM boss
>>
>>62256502
>deep-throating the corporate cock is ok because other ppl do it lel
>>
>>62256502
>implying I support Government Motors
>>
>>62256500
I mostly don't disagree with what you say, I just say it is badly implemented.

I'm not saying to allow every idiot out of high-school to enroll into any STEM field, but in many countries smart people don't get to go to university because they can't afford it and have to go get a job, meanwhile retards with money go to college (and most will drop out).

Anyway, why the FUCK would I have to pay to become a useful member of society? If I can prove my worth by having good scores that should be enough, and the rest should be filtered whether they have 5 bucks or 5 billion in their (dad's) accounts.

Education is a human right, but you must prove you are worth it, not entitled like extreme leftists want.

For what I have been hearing one the few places that has something similar in place is Cuba, university is completely free but you better be good if you want a chance of getting in, in the area you want, otherwise they filter you right away. I think that's great.
>>
>>62252849
He's a fkn moron. He's just trying to secure a way to keep everyone else from chasing robotics/AI while he does it.
>>
>>62256466
It's not free. The fundamental crux of the issue is that it isn't free.
Who should pay for the education? It doesn't spring up out of thin air - you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Prospective employers would be well suited for the role, but they balk at spending money on anything long-term. A crisis of our modern corporate idiocy. Why spend when the government does it for you?

The taxpayer can pay for it, but then huge amounts of graft and corruption are introduced because there's no competition. Taxpayers neither see nor care that their tax money is well spent on education when they do not even see the fruit of that education firsthand - to the taxpayer the money just disappears into a black hole and who the fuck knows what is done with it.

The individuals could spend their money on it, and this would ensure limits on the extent of corruption - people won't spend their money if they don't get results. But education is also expensive and this limits who can actually attend higher education.

The ideal situation would be individuals paying for their education alongside sponsorship from businesses and communities. This immediately and naturally solves labor shortages by allowing employers and communities to provide incentive to enter particular markets via subsidized education. But again, our corporations want to have their cake and eat it too - and unfortunately they've bribed politicians to play along with that game.

So we turn to horrendously inefficient and bureaucratic government to spend our money for us.

And in turn we are getting hundreds of thousands of graduates with educations in fields that have nothing to do with what the job market, or even society, needs. Instead we have politically minded social engineers trying to create the perfect controlled mob. Fuck the actual needs of society, we've got brains to wash in order to prop up political failures and rejects.
>>
>>62256375
>As I said, both producer and consumer.
If no one pays him, how would he consume without welfare? His actually working parents? Tips?

>>There are still many vastly understaffed positions.
And in what fields? In my experience, they are understaffed because no one is willing to invest money in training the available stock of people to meet the own desires that have been set by HR-people.

>The vast majority don't even know how to operate a computer efficiently.
Which is a completely unnecessary requirement.

>The economy already currently does sustain itself without pure consumers.
That is not correct. The economy does no longer sustain itself at all. All around the world, companies are more and more being held upright by making new debt or massively transferring wealth from other systems. Companies are literally paid to stay alive. Even by welfare. Since poor people can't build up any savings, all welfare you pay directly goes into legitimating production, it does not vanish. It's a hidden subsidy.
Speaking of "pure" customers, there still is the problem that someone who works like 1/10 of his possible time still needs to be paid welfare in order to sustain himself, while he's still being a fat guy on a diet of television 900% more than anyone working full time. Would someone kill of 9 of those guys and give one full hours or not, since this would be more bang for the buck? We are again in on a spectrum there. Is it even possible to be a pure customer with no use of whatsoever to ANYONE?
>>
>>62253753
Worthless post
>>
>>62252849
he is a faggot. he is on this latest kick to avoid talking about his failed businesses and how much money is he raping for the taxpayer for. He is the silicon valley donald trump.
>>
>>62256797
>Is it even possible to be a pure customer with no use of whatsoever to ANYONE?

I don't think so. These 'disenfranchised' individuals become a catastrophic revolution waiting for a messiah of some sort to lead them - and he will come along at some stage. The mob creates a leader, the leader does not create the mob.

Because even a mass of useless eaters is still a mass. That mass gives you influence and power, especially in a democracy. They can, at the very least, become an army to overthrow the old order and establish a new one - and that is beyond useful to the powerful who seek more power.
>>
>>62256831
You sound like an SJW ranting and raving about trump desu

There's no logic or reason, your arguments are entirely emotional.

You don't even realize everything you speak is a script that was provided by Elon's political and business competition. You're a mouthpiece of an advertising platform Elon's businesses upset some very big markets and you play a useful idiot for them.

All the while you will never, ever, admit nor realize that you've been played. Already just telling you these facts makes you angry. It's a defense mechanism and you don't even realize it.
>>
>>62256780
You can't spend money on education that you don't have until you finished and earn it.

Also you can't fight the lack of vision in parents with that system.

They'll say some shit like "I won't pay for a fucking STEM degree when you can learn how to polish bowling balls for free"

People, no matter how privileged, are inherently stupid. Thjey need to be governed by something or their entire society will go to shit.

Like in the US. You have universities draining the money off their students NOT for their education, mind you - they finance a whole lot of other shit. Like for instance overpaying foreign experts to polish the instution's publication lists, maintaining a sports team in every miniscule discipline and giving out scholarships.
>>
>>62252849
This is a reality.

As soon as a good network / programing bot is created it won't take long for it to start spreading its self.

There are more than likely already renegade AI systems that have been walled off
>>
>>62256780
>Who should pay for the education?

Good question, if you ask me I would say tax payers, meaning the goverment (with the money from tax payers), because it is the only realistic solution that is better than just leaving universities available for the rich. The idea itself of government funding isn't that bad, it is just badly implemented in most places.

Employers but like you said, most would not bet on people they don't know for the long-term, they don't even know if they are going to work for them, private corporations only care about making money, they caring about society is an utopia, sadly.

Why tax payers? Because ideally, those tax payers currently have a job in a specialized field because of the people who paid for their university with taxes in the past, it is supposed to be a circle.

In some places where there are universities that are from the state (free and public entities), people who get the degree have to pay a fine for the next 25 years (though it only happens if they work in the field, which generally is the case), meaning they are paying for the university after they graduated (when they are supposed to have the money) and that money is used for the current generation of students.

I don't know if I would make people without degrees and common jobs pay for it though, I don't think it would be completely fair, first because they have much lower wages doing jobs that are equally or more necessary than those that are specialized, some people are not interested in studying and are happy that way, probably most people actually, and they have their share of taxes anyway.

If all graduates pay their taxes it should be enough to subsidize the people who want to study, but I think this would only work if you apply what I said before, you have to earn your way into university proving you are a good student, or go do something else, you are not entitled to it.
>>
File: freedomwithout.jpg (537KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
freedomwithout.jpg
537KB, 1024x768px
>>62252849
I hope it'll happen soon, so that we can build our anarcho syndicalist future on the ruins of both capitalism AND state socialism
>>
>>62252849
I'm starting to think this guy is a retard who got lucky instead of a genius or maybe he just tries to stay relevant on social networks.
>>
>>62254301
And I suppose Hawking's fear of AI is also unfounded?
>>
>>62257127
Taxes?

We don't need neither nations nor governments.
Don't call it a democracy when in fact your choice boils down to drawing an "x" on a piece of paper every couple of years.

You should decide what happens in your neighborhood / company / school
You don't need no suits for that. You know best whats best for you.
>>
>>62257194
Hawking is a theoretical physicist, not an AI engineer/scientist.

You might as well ask your local subway sandwich maker what the impact of AI will be on humanity.
>>
Can AI even exist when we don't know what consciousness is? When hardware is, the CPU, is purely deterministic?
>>
>/g/ in charge of politics
This is nearly same level of teenager maximalism like one on /pol/.
>>
>>62257278
>This is nearly same level of teenager maximalism like one on /pol/.
i read mexicanism instead o maximalism and almost pissed myself in laughter
>>
>>62257300
Which is funny but also telling. If you spend too much time on imageboards especially around politically motivated discussions your whole world view gets filled with maximalism and same reinforced direction closed to any other suggestions.
>>
>>62257438
>If you spend too much time on imageboards especially around politically motivated discussions your whole world view gets filled with maximalism and same reinforced direction closed to any other suggestions.
yeah hugbox syndrome
>>
>>62253459
Screencap?
>>
>>62256797
>Which is a completely unnecessary requirement.
Right now? Sure, but in the near future it's unacceptable. It's like being illiterate.
>>
>>62256661
>Education is a human right, but you must prove you are worth it
See, this is where I leave off my prog friends and everyone hates me.

Do I really have to point out the problem here? You're either saying people who can't make use of the education aren't human (hello nazi) or you aren't actually saying education is a "human right," in which case you have no grounds upon which to deny them any education they want to waste.

Bottom line, as a progressive, I think we need public funding for those who can't afford and show promise in more education. Everyone who can afford it and is dumb is free to waste their money. Anyone who is both poor and dumb should be taken care of, but should NOT be taking up space in a college where other promising students COULD be.

The whole idea of human progress is about becoming better people and more moral stewards of those less fortunate. Giving the unqualified an equal chance to someone who is over-qualified doesn't do either and actively harms both aims.
>>
>>62252849
Can't you guys see that ellon is trying to warn us about I have no mouth and I must scream
>>
>>62257146
>syndicalist left
What's the deal with you guys riding the corporate cock so hard these days? Is intersectional trans-rights actually more important than stopping neoliberal corporate oligarchs from stamping out freedom and turning the world into a giant company store?
>>
>>62254291
>wanting china or all people to rule over you

someone post the 'dont learn mandarin' pic
>>
File: ba2028cafec7af446a209c8eb0944ff3.jpg (593KB, 2100x1181px) Image search: [Google]
ba2028cafec7af446a209c8eb0944ff3.jpg
593KB, 2100x1181px
>>62258039
>'dont learn mandarin' pic
that shit is the stuff of nightmares
>>
Why would there need to be a WW3?

In a scenario of AI-versus-AI , no physical attack will be necessary.

It will be purely a war of hacking.
>>
>>62257706
Misuse of neoliberal.
Feel free to try again.

>>62258120
You're on 4chan, grow up.
>>
>>62258143
>grow up
kys faggot
>>
>>62258165
thanks n u ?
>>
>>62258143
>misuse of neoliberal
Oh sorry, I didn't realize you were some conserashit larping as a syndcalist. Steady on the corporate cock there cletus.
>>
>>62258222
Not even the anon you replied to earlier who posted that image.
What are you so angry about babe, I'm trying to encourage a less shitty understanding of the world and you lash out?
>>
>>62258241
Workers of the world unite you bougie faggot.
>>
>>62252849
Does he really type like that or is this fake?
>>
>>62258262
Limited number of characters on twitter, you autist.
>>
>>62252849
if you read into this retard you are no better than the ignorant normies he is pandering to.
>>
>>62257670
>You're either saying people who can't make use of the education aren't human

No, you completely derailed there.

What it means, is that the right to do higher studies should only depend on fact of you being qualified for it, everyone has the chance but it is up to you to take it. I'm not saying you need to be a genius, you don't need to be a genius to be a good student.

>I think we need public funding for those who can't afford and show promise in more education.

I think that's great.

>Everyone who can afford it and is dumb is free to waste their money.

That's fine, the problem is the places that only allow you to enter the university if you can afford it, in countries like mine where they are both public and private universities I have no issue whatsoever.

>Anyone who is both poor and dumb should be taken care of, but should NOT be taking up space in a college where other promising students COULD be.

Completely agree, this is more or less what I said too.

>Giving the unqualified an equal chance to someone who is over-qualified doesn't do either and actively harms both aims.

What is a chance here? The unqualified is unqualified because they were not able to prove to be qualified for the university, how do they know someone is unqualified? By giving them a chance, either by their high-school scores or an admittance test for the university or whatever, at some point they had the chance to prove if they were qualified or not.

Now many schools tend to remove those admittance tests to let enter more people and give them more "opportunity", this is a lie because the majority of those people that would not have passed the test will drop out the first year, if this is what you mean by chance, then I agree, this only causes damage, for both the real students and the dropouts that are wasting their time and everyone else's, when they could be doing something more suited to them.
>>
>>62258120
want more nightmares? read 'poorly made in china'
its cringeworthy
>>
>>62253387
pay for your tweet to be promoted or be a meme
>>
>>62252849
>imo

how can you take a sentence that ends with that seriously
>>
>>62257146
>privillage
>>
>>62258326
>What it means, is that the right to do higher studies should only depend on fact of you being qualified for it, everyone has the chance but it is up to you to take it.
No sorry, you're just wrong. If you have to be qualified "everyone," does not get a chance because some people aren't capable of being qualified.

Again, this is where I see progressives totally going off the rails with their dialectic. We need to get the message out that being taken care of is the human right NOT getting the same access to things like education where you have to have certain qualities in order to make use of it for yourself and society.

You think, and I agree, that being a good student is a high enough bar; however, there are TONS of really bad students and right now a fucking lot of them are being fast-tracked into limited seats in great universities which forces better students to get passed over. That's hurting society and from a progressive standpoint it needs to stop.

>What is a chance here? The unqualified is unqualified because they were not able to prove to be qualified for the university, how do they know someone is unqualified?
That's the whole point of using logic, reason, and empirical evidence like we've been doing since the backward idiot church morons were finally voted down. We have plenty of ways to measure aptitude before someone gets to the point of going to college, enough to know whether or not they qualify to get a public hand in getting them that education for society's benefit.
>>
>>62258402
The problem is, and I am very liberal myself, that individualism has become the order of the day. You now have these people who just think being given everything they want is progress. They don't care about society and infact they hate most of society. It is super ugly and almost totally mirrors what the new right-wing assholes are saying just in the reverse. I absolutely hate where politics is going in this country right now. Nobody seems to give a fuck about the greater good anymore it is just me me me and fuck over all the people I don't like.
>>
>>62258454
I feel you. Express your outrage, however tame, and you're branded. It's vile.
>>
>>62258344
>Elon Musk

how can you take a sentence from this guy seriously
>>
>>62258454
maybe you should keep calling everyone who disagrees with you a racist
>>
>>62257670
>Hello Citizen xvH-6653, I can see on your report card that you harbored illegal thoughts the day before last. You have subsequently been fired from your workplace and we have redirected your address to your local [Slum]
You are dangerously close to talking about a total surveillance state, bruh.
>>
>>62252849

Ahem no

It is energy and rare-metal crisis with some kind of political/religious pretext that will trigger WWIII.

We are a long way from developing a "true sentient AI". Digital computers (semiconductors) simply cannot do it. It requires a massive paradigm shift. Something bigger than development of the transistor and integrated circuit.

Current "AI research" is really just a cover for clever programming/software engineering.
>>
AI is a gimmick.

It's just statistical analysis with powerful computers.
>>
>>62258486
I don't. I've seen what that kind of behavior does on campus and I want to to stop. Problem is there are only now a few voices with influence trying to make that happen. I hope more speak up soon.

>>62258529
Funny, but that is, unfortunately, the kind of police-state that a lot of really misinformed people want. I'm embarrassed to say most of them are in my party, but I am doing my part to fix that without getting my head chopped off. Academics are a tough lot to talk with. Most of them are really afraid of what's happening but they're too scared to even discuss it.
>>
>>62258586
>Most of them are really afraid of what's happening but they're too scared to even discuss it.
It's kind of funny that the same way we treat family issues is also how we treat much larger ones.
>>
>>62258532
There won't be an energy crisis in first world nations. We have nuclear and solar that solves this almost completely. Oil could disappear entirely and we'll be fine.
>>
>>62258603
basic human socionomy
>>
>>62258603
You have no idea how true that is. Department meetings are like family gatherings with half the people being crazy uncles/aunts. Everyone's getting along fine at first then -insert stereotype here- blows their top over some -trigger- and everyone just clams up for the next hour. It's really terrifying. I started reading about the Cultural Revolution in China last year and the parallels are... well they're enough of an upset that I passed the book along to several colleagues so they could understand.

We're heading towards something unimaginably ugly.
>>
>>62258402
>some people aren't capable of being qualified

Why would someone have the impossibility unless they have some actual disability? I will take myself as an example.

I signed up to the university (for free) a couple of years ago, even though I had horrible high school scores and know I completely suck at math (Engineering school)

Why was that? Because while I was at high-school I would barely study at all, I would spend all day playing videogames or fucking around with friends, because deep down, I know I have no real interest for math or STEM, it sounds 'cool' but it actually bores me, and of course I dropped out the very same year.

I don't think I'm not qualified for engineering because of being dumb, but because of lack of interest, and I signed up trying to force something that just wasn't for me.

Even though some people can have an easier time with certain fields naturally, being an average person you can study anything if you really want to and work hard towards it, why not give those people the chance to prove it?
>>
>>62258640

Completely wrong

It is the first world nations that will suffer the most from it and start turning the current cold war into a hot war. Their life blood is cheap energy and rare metals (used in those fancy electronics and gadgets)

China already monopolized the rare-earth metal market. Russia is trying to squeeze the already fragile EU through natural gas trade. USA continues to decline as the post-WWII boom fades away and its domestic concerns and infrastructure rot and decay.
>>
>>62256461
europe+us alone is over a billion. add parts of south america etc ur at 2 billion
>>
>>62258707
>Why would someone have the impossibility unless they have some actual disability?
You don't need a "disability," to not be qualified for a lot of post-secondary education. People who live in a bubble and don't understand their class isolates them can't get this easily, but it is a fact of our society.

Your interest and work ethic are also variables but there's an underlying aptitude capacity measured by various standardized metrics which strongly predict your ability to get through a program like engineering. I don't know whether could or not given I have no battery of tests of yours in front of me.

>Even though some people can have an easier time with certain fields naturally, being an average person you can study anything if you really want to and work hard towards it, why not give those people the chance to prove it?
Because we're progressive and not religious nuts. We understand that science has given us the ability to strongly predict aptitude and we can thus allocate public resources in ways that give the most benefit to everyone and not put resources towards individuals going into something we can predict they won't be apt to achieve.

New progressives get hung up on the fact that this doesn't give an outlier a comparatively fair chance, but what it does is give all those within the probable chance of success the best chance and gives everyone who didn't qualify the most resources as a result since the best qualified are being pushed through to go on and do great things for society. Whereas if you put all the resources into giving all of them a chance you most likely wasted a lot of resources and gave some of those likely to pass and succeed a better chance at failure as a result.

At bottom it is rational probabilistic humanism. We want to take care of the most people in the best way possible.
>>
>>62255013
The steins;gate 0 anime hasn't come out yet though.
I guess you played the VN.
>>
>>62252947
This.

|
|>
|
>>
>>62252849
AI is a meme.
>>
>>62254060
He's jelly of Kurzweil.
>>
>>62255116
Those VCs have deep connections and will use gubberment shekels to make sure Elon gets richer.
>>
>>62255300
>>62255300
This, basic income tards BTFO.

Why keep useless eaters around? They will keep a small breeding herd at most.
>>
That Elon Musk should stop smoking so much weed.
>>
>>62252849
Reminder to ignore what this charlatan and a welfare queen has to say. He's all about attention whoring and putting himself in the middle of news... because it makes it easier for him to raise money from taxpayers.

>Can we wean Elon Musk off government support already?
https://archive.fo/s4riU

>Its Time to Stop Spending Taxpayer Dollars on Elon Musk and Cronyism

>It has been widely reported that among SolarCity, Tesla, and the rocket company SpaceX, Elon Musks confederacy of interests has gotten at least $4.9 billion in taxpayer support over the past 10 years.

>This is almost half of Musks supposed net worthtaken from the pockets of American citizens and put into companies that can survive only by cannibalizing each other, spending without end, and promising that success is always just beyond the horizon and yet never arrives.

https://archive.fo/gWSOf
>>
Musk is such an idiot. It's a disgrace that people take him so seriously just because he made some money.
>>
>>62256048
I believe his point is that a machine/program can only push out whatever it has been pulled in; it can only ever create based on what has been passed in, and so can never have the same ability of invention a person can, only it can process and mimic at a far faster rate than people can.

At the end of the day even Neural Nets have a binary yes/no, a set of rules to follow, so the ability to go full skynet still comes down to "did we allow it to do that?".
>>
>>62252849
I hope it will
Hoomanz deserve to suffer
>>
>>62256325
At some point it becomes less efficient for companies to have a government and more efficient for them to do it themselves. That's where google wants to go. That's what some stories about megacorps depict.

The government and special interests are only a proxy for as long as it has a use. Once companies become large and dominant enough you'll start to see government shrink. We're not at that point but I imagine we will be in several decade's time. I guess you could say it'll be a new form of government controlled by the elites, which is par for the course. Historically the masses only take concern with government when it gets really bad, but if you can make them extraordinarily complacent at what point will people have enough?
>>
Coming from someone who's published a few AI papers recently, Elon doesn't know jack shit about what he's talking about. Sure he probably talked to many AI visionaries but I bet they've probably only studied the psychology and not the actual technical implementations and limitations of what we have now.

AI isn't a threat nor is it our biggest threat. Stop spreading this bullshit fear to the media outrage machine.
>>
>>62261053
I agree he just has ideas and gives money to smart people to do it for him. He's a better philosopher than inventor
>>
>>62252849
sounds like a sci fi movie plot
>>
>>62257146
Go back to /leftypol/
>>
>>62252947
This.
The only way AI is going to start WW3 is if becomes sentient enough to realise how degenerate half of the population are and begins a systematic cleansing of the human race.
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.