[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do solar keyboards actually work or is it just a gimmick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: k750-gallery[1].png (58KB, 652x560px) Image search: [Google]
k750-gallery[1].png
58KB, 652x560px
Do solar keyboards actually work or is it just a gimmick?
>>
>>62235379
Who the fuck uses a keyboard outside?
>>
>not using geothermal keyboards
>>
>>62235475
>not having a sterling generator wrist rest that runs off arm heat
>>
>>62235379
who the fuck goes outside?
>>
>>62235475
>not having a portable nuclear reactor just for your keyboard
>>
>greenfags ITT
>not powering your devices with coal
>>
>>62235379
Why wouldn't they work? Keyboard takes fuck-all power unless you live in complete darkness 24/7 with absolutely no lights, it will work off almost any light source even the glare of your monitor
>>
>>62235499
butt plug heat is better
>>
>asks about a solar keyboard
>doesn't mention a solar mouse
>>
>>62235379
They are such a fucking gimmick.

I had a K750 that went to shit after 6 months. When I tried to replace the CR2032 battery it was not possible.

Then I bought a K400+ which runs on AA batteries.
>>
>>62235560
This
Steady core temperature offers a much better differential
>>
Why the fuck wouldn't you just use AA/AAA rechargeable batteries?

You can even use a solar charger for them if you want.
>>
Even MARS1 is catching on to the fact that if you dont have the energy, you dont have the energy. They want to ship shitloads of single-use batteries with the MARS1 missions, because fuck solar. Use and throw away.
>>
>>62235688
Because rechargeable sucks :^)
>>
>>62235571
who needs solar mouse when you have wireless charging mousepads
>>
>>62235762
Conceptually, that sounds pretty cool, but you know they'll just market it exclusively as tacky gaymer shit for years.
>>
>>62235475
>not using wind powered keyboards to shitpost in your windowless bungalow in the middle of Wellington NZ
>>
Have the keyboard in pic related that's good for occasional use in bed and stuff.
>>
>>62235762
but wireless mice are shit
>>
>>62235651
>>62235560
Problem there is routing it though
>>
>>62235688
Pal I'm the one making questions, don't fucking reply to me unless you're contributing to the thread
>>
>>62235808
That is all its good for is gamer shit, they can't make a mouse that lasts with a AA or even a lithium battery if they want there stupid RGB leds so they have to make some induction charging shit.
They can make a good mouse with a decent DPI and response time that can runs for months off a AA if they get rid of the LEDs
>>62235926
They can make a wireless mouse that is just as good as a wired one if they wanted too, its not impossible, your not getting past 1ms response time anyway with usb 2
>>
>>62235379
Just buy one of those cheapo anker bluetooth keyboards.
I charge mine for 40 minutes once every two weeks and the keys actually feel really good for how cheap it is.
No need to spend a shit load of money just to avoid having to change batteries
>>
File: k400-gallery.png (78KB, 652x560px) Image search: [Google]
k400-gallery.png
78KB, 652x560px
>>62236034
>charging
>at all
i bought one of these things back in 2013 and it's still running on the original batteries, although i only use it when i'm too lazy to get out of bed.
>>
>>62236119
I use my keyboard at least 3-4 hours a day.
I had to get a something running macos for school shit and I kinda dislike my Air's keyboard, especially because I make mistakes when I type slower than 70WPM
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.