[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good privacy respecting email providers? I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

What are some good privacy respecting email providers?
I was gonna use ProtonMail, but in light of recent developments I've changed my mind.
How's openmailbox?
>>
>>62235094
cock.li
>>
>>62235094
>What are some good privacy respecting email providers?
the email server you set up yourself
>>
>>62235215
this, or tutanota.
>>
>>62235094
given that protonmail doesn't offer mail client support I'm considering actually paying for openmailbox, since up until recently they were and still are in fact my main mail provider
I found no decent alternative
>>
>>62235094
>I was gonna use ProtonMail, but in light of recent developments I've changed my mind.
and what kind of developement would that have been?
>>
>>62235094
what recent developments?
>>
>>62235303
I suppose it might be the fact that they use a jewish ddos protection service
>>
O-O-Outlook?
>>
>>62235335
so what? even if they would like to pull off shady shit, they can't access a single mailbox.
>>
>>62235094
just fucking use google gmail you fucking retard

if you aren't sending OTR or PGP crypted emails you are legit 100% wasting your time with your autismo bullshit meme "privacy" bullshit you fucking moron.

now fuck off and stop shitting up /g/ with more noise about your shitty retarded understanding of email and privacy and yet another meme email provider that adds nothing of value at all.
>>
>>62235352
I suppose
I don't have a problem with it, other than lack of client support
>>
FastMail if you're not a poorfag
>>
>>62235094
Openmailbox was nice when free accounts included imap support.
>>
>>62235364
eat shit kike lover
>>
>>62235397
he's right, email was never built to be secure from the ground up. while using services like tutanota or protonmail is good, if you aren't encrypting with pgp then your emails are being captured somewhere in the chain and logged.
>>
>>62235372
they already betatest a thunderbird plugin for some time.
>>
>>62235424
yeah I wouldn't mind using a beta client if they let me
instead it's for selected users
>>
>>62235364
This.
I gave up on this "privacy" crap last year. Nothing ever happened to me since (but then again, I don't do shady shit on my computer)
I've been a lot happier since I stopped being so paranoid 24/7.
>>
>>62235423
the main reason why i use proton mail is that it's swiss based: no us- and no eu-jurisdiction. not that i'm sending anything cryptowhorthy but since the whole eu is riding the "hate posting" wave i don't want to get into someones crosshair.
>>
>>62235438
it's just for beta testers. you can still use the mobile client.
>>
>>62235194
>under threat of being taken down on pedophilia charges
No thanks
>>
>>62235450
if I wanted to use webmail I wouldn't be seeking alternatives to openmailbox mang
>>
>>62235508
it's a technical thing. to access the encrypted mailbox you have to use a java plugin that not yet has been available for standard clients. why they won't at least release a client for windows (like protonvpn), i don't know.
>>
>>62235446
You do know that Switzerland has hate speech laws just like other EU countries, right?
>>
>>62235758
Shh, he doesn't know Switzerland is in the Schengen area and virtually a country with custom EEA membership, which makes it apply EU laws.
>>
>>62235298
>>62235303
https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/6qbow9/stop_using_protonmail_they_comply_with_local_le/
>>
>>62235094
>recent developments
the guy shitted on protonmail cause he was trying to sell drugs and weapons online and got btfo
used an email provider based on SW that is known to hate both weapons and drugs
kek
>>
>>62236240
ProtonMail themselves say that they can't read your emails. They must have found out he was doing illegal activities some other way. NO email provider will just let you off the hook for using your email for illegal purposes.
>>
>>62235485
source?
>>
Does anyone have any info on Autistici/Inventati?
Are they trustworthy?
>>
>>62235446

That only really applies to banking/financial shit.

Hate crimes, pedos, nazis, piracy, etc. Is still illegal in Switzerland and they'll ban/report your account.
>>
>>62235094

If you don't use PGP then it really does not matter.
>>
>>62235231
>tutanota
is it open source?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.