[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long do we have to wait for GPUs to get cheaper again? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: sigh.jpg (47KB, 540x472px)
sigh.jpg
47KB, 540x472px
How long do we have to wait for GPUs to get cheaper again? I just want to buy a new computer man.
>>
The trend will eventually go down, but never again to the original price.
>>
>>62231930

This, the only good time to buy is right now. Between shitcoiners and collusion between companies, the good times are over.

Your best hope is special deals or mail in rebates at this point.
>>
Never it seems, just read an article on here yesterday that nvidia is going to hike their prices due to memory shortage bullshit. I guess they feel amd is no competition which without production capacity they aren't. Feels bad man. Been saving and waiting for what I feel is sufficient for gen 2 vr and figure it should be $500, now it's $700 which is basically as much as I ever budget for every other part of a pc
>>
Thanks a ton, /v/.
>>
Is crypto currency a secret plot of AMD and nVidia?
>>
File: gpu_pepe.jpg (3KB, 271x250px) Image search: [Google]
gpu_pepe.jpg
3KB, 271x250px
You /v/ir/g/in brainlets do not understand the large scale implications of the current GPU-scarcity.
Few people know this!
With all mid-high end GPUs being bought wholesale by crypto-miners, and thus prices of said GPUs being over inflated beyond the reasonable budget of a PC-enthusiast, demand for low-end GPUs will increase, as this is the only GPU that new PC owners (and those upgrading from previous GPU generations) can afford without feeling scammed by inflation.
Thus, The PC gaming/development user base will become majorily composed of low-end GPU users.
The crux of this phenominon is that software and PC videogame developers will notice this, and hopefully realize that they do not need to spend so much of their money/time/engineers commited to designing high-end GPU worthy art assets, textures, models, etc.
The hypothetical result therefore is shorter development cycles for PC games, more time spent on QA and play-testing, and less money spent on high-quality assets.
Cancerous AAA game studios like Activision, EA, and Ubisoft will be forced to make smaller, more nuanced games, as graphical differences begin to lessen, and the value of games will instead be placed back on gameplay nuances, as it was in the 90-00's.
This is the return to the golden age of PC gaming, and you faggots are too concerned about giving $1,000 for a GPU to see it.
>>
>>62236233
careful observer here. I do not own a GPU. It is unnecessary.
>>
>>62236359
You mean you don't own a dedicated graphics card. Your computer still has a GPU.
>>
>>62236472
yes
>>
>>62236233
Woould be nice. I could ride out a fee more Years on my 970
>>
The only place i've seen graphics cards priced *reasonably* these days is Amazon, but all of them are is in the form of pre-orders. Do these pre-orders actually deliver? I hear of people preordering in July that haven't gotten anything yet.
>>
File: nice_work_g.jpg (7KB, 513x366px) Image search: [Google]
nice_work_g.jpg
7KB, 513x366px
>>62236359
I agree within means. GPUs these days are very powerful, but they mostly get their value for gaming, and second to that is their ability to quicken some rendering/processing in design software. It is not essential for computers.
>>62236564
970 is a good card. If you played simple games, you could definetely get more than a couple years out of that GPU.
>>
>>62231707
Stop playing video games.
>>
>>62234569
Maybe you shouldn't shop for highly technical gear based on your feelings.
>>
>>62231707
a 1060 6GB is $300
>>
>>62231707
I gave up on getting a new gpu.
I am waiting for apus, amd RR in early 2018
>>
>>62236564
That's what I'm doing, I see no reason to upgrade yet.
Don't know what to do with the $30 I got from the lawsuit yet.
>>
>>62236564
This, seriously no "amazing" games are coming out, and I often buy/sell used xbox one games because games aren't worth $60 on PC these days especially for multiplayer with more bots/hacks and nobody using voice chat on PC.

I have a 4k 40" and I just run games in 1080p windowed
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.