[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE NEXT BIG BLUE-COLLAR JOB IS CODING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: thompson.png (417KB, 582x501px) Image search: [Google]
thompson.png
417KB, 582x501px
THE NEXT BIG BLUE-COLLAR JOB IS CODING

https://www.wired.com/2017/02/programming-is-the-new-blue-collar-job/?mbid=social_fb
>>
>>62227908
>(almost) all men
>requires no degree
>can leave you with debilitating health problems (carpal tunnel)
story checks out.
>>
>>62227908
not if they keep outsourcing to pajeet it's not
>>
we UNION now
>>
>>62227908
It's about time to clear most universities from people that have no place in it but are there anyway because they can't be a code monkey without a degree.
>>
I don't think it's fair to label 'programming' as one profession at this point.
Software scales poorly with amount of people. So you'll have software where they just throw a bunch of idiots at the problem and software where you need good programmers who knows things.

I'm also not entirely sure anyone can be a good programmer anymore. I used to believe that but I've tried teaching now and that quickly kills confidence in most of them. The gap between good and bad is just too big.

I also don't see all the speed bumps going away any time soon. Software trends like [insert language here] and [insert paradigm or design principles here] always fail and there's no end to it. I'm sure we will begin recycling old ideas soon. And I'm actually quite positive with regards to pair programming and bad programmers.
Maybe two half-brains can make a whole.
>>
File: 1432761196437.png (74KB, 761x576px) Image search: [Google]
1432761196437.png
74KB, 761x576px
>>62227908
>working at a desk in an office
>blue collar
>>
>>62228022
>I'm not sure anyone can be a good programmer
I meant _just_ anyone. I used to think it was just about training and that the domain will require some intelligence.
>>
>>62228022

Sexist! *everyone* can be a good programmer.
>>
>>62227933
You gotta give the shit skins something to do or they will pick up arms. Society 101.
>>
>>62227908
Tradies are too stupid to code.
>>
>>62228022
I have tried teaching a few guys, to mitigated success, do you perhaps have any tips for teaching ?
>>
>>62228117
their average iq is probably around 103
>>
>>62228135
shocking
>>
>>62228135
I work with tradies, and I can tell you, their IQ is not even close to 100.
>>
>>62228071
>*everyone* can be a good programmer.
where are the proofs?
>>
>>62228367

https://www.kodewithklossy.com/
>>
>>62228375
i meant evidence to support *your* statement
>>
>>62228387

Typical men! always want proof instead of using your feelings!
>>
>>62228117
keep telling yourself that. one day you might end up working for one
>>
>>62228206
Iq means fucking nothing. I work part time as a receptionist in hotel and I will never fucking believe that average iq is around 100. Most people can't even open the front door, or use basic kitchen devices like kettles, toasters, microwaves.
>>
I think there needs to be a new classification. IT and respective surrounding fields are finding themselves engaged more and more in both blue collar work and white collar work, as duties entail.

Simple blue collar/white collar distinction doesn't serve so well anymore and I imagine that distinction won't last long either the further we go along.
>>
>>62227908
it's currently full of faggot sjws though.
>>
>>62228397
>wanting proof is bad
I can see why women suck at math.
>>
>>62227947
maybe somewhere in yurop.
>>
>>62228375
holy shit her site is so bloated what the fuck
>>
>>62227929
I'm more concerned about my back.
>>
>>62230981
it was Koded by Klossy
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.