[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best password manager and why is it Lastpass?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4380.png (20KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4380.png
20KB, 450x300px
What is the best password manager and why is it Lastpass?
>>
File: unnamed.png (75KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
75KB, 640x400px
What does /g/ think of bitwarden? Worth using?
>>
keepassx
>>
you guys just use firefox password manager and shut up
>>
>>62216712
It automatically gives your passwords to the developers, so they can tell you what your password is when you forget. That way you don't have to worry about remembering them.
>>
>>62216853
I use it and like it
>>
>>62216884
what do you recommend?
>>
>>62216712
company based on US and stores on cloud...fuck off, just use a plain file and keep all your username and passwords. Store it in other than download directory.
>>
>>62216853
too new
>>
>>62216712
Lastpass has been hacked a lot of times.
>>
think you meant to say https://passwordstore.org/
>>
File: 1496690610390.png (68KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1496690610390.png
68KB, 500x380px
>>62216712
>thinking the 'cloud' is secure
>>
>>62216871
Here come the firefox shills...
>>
>>62217260
encypt it with gpg and done.
>>
>not memorizing all of your passwords using flashcards
>>
>>62216853
>>62216712
Just use Keepass. Open source and you store it wherever you want.
>>
>>62217336
depends on your point of view.
If you want to get into some system which isn't yours, LastPass is indeed your friend
>>
Passwords.txt
>>
KeePass you fucking fag.
>>
>>62217336
Not really. Subsequently, they've been pretty fast with patches and transparent with their work.
The fact that I have to continually explain this on /g/ of all places really just goes to show how retarded and consumerist this place has become.
>>
>>62216712
Used LastPass before. I liked it, but once they had a data breach I pulled out immediately.

Exported all data, switched to KeePass and never looked back. I may have forgotten to clear my data however but I can't even get on LastPass anymore because I lost the key.

With KeePass I can store my data wherever I want, with two locks. A key and a long as hell password.

Store the database anywhere online, store the key locally in a pendrive or anything physical and most importantly store the password in your head. It's impenetrable.
>>
>>62216712
>storing passwords in the cloud and the hands of a corporation
>>
Why has nobody mentioned this?
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2936621/the-lastpass-security-breach-what-you-need-to-know-do-and-watch-out-for.html
>>
>>62216712

>password manager
>2017

Enjoy your leak passwords
>>
>>62219288
Because it's common knowledge and OP is shilling ironically.
>>
>>62216712
I use it, with premium.
it is good and I like it. Used to use keepass but the sync is a hassle (even with the gdrive plugin)

>>62216853
It looks like a lastpass replica, even with the premium features.
>>
>>62216712
>ctrl+f gnome keyring
>0 results found
fuckin plebs
>>
>>62219288
>Jun 16, 2015
wew lad
>>
1Password
>>
>>62219473
>cloudflare

hahaha, no.
>>
>>62219288
>>62219012
>>
>>62216712
gay
>>
just use the same password for everything, then theres no need for a pw manager
>>
everything but keepass is botnet/unsafe.
except for a notepad locked in your desk i suppose.
>>
USE DASHLANE
>>
>storing your passwords in the cloud
You deserve every hack you get
>>
>>62222324
You're much more likely to have your device stolen & have easy access to the passwords than you are getting hacked in da cloud.
>>
>>62216712
botnet
>>
>>62216712
This piece of shit logs out whenever I close the browser, even though I set it not to. Fuck it.
>>
LastPass is definitely the best one out there when it comes to blending security and convenience. If you want to be even more secure but more of a hassle, KeePass, 100%.

People bring up the few scares, but they never actually leaked any real data. And every time something happens LastPass notifies and fixes incredibly fast.

Of course, I'm always on the lookout for if they do anything that means we should jump ship considering those LogMeIn fuckers.

Disclaimer: used to have premium. Now the free version has everything I need so I don't pay at all. Used to use KeePass before.
>>
>>62219927
Then get hacked because some random website with shitty security use a non secure encryption method.

Now you know that. You have to change the password on all the website where you registered.
>>
>>62216712
stop being a faggot OP https://www.passwordstore.org/
>>
>>62216853
Better FF extensions than LP.
>>
>>62221155
No Linux support, dropped
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.