[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, /g/, school starts soon again and I have been using the same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

File: Raptop.png (73KB, 707x532px) Image search: [Google]
Raptop.png
73KB, 707x532px
Ok, /g/, school starts soon again and I have been using the same hp pavilion dv4 laptop for a few years now that I got from a friend who was upgrading. I am a very patient person and don't mind waiting a bit for shit to load so I can do work. My only issue is this thing sounds like a fucking lawnmower at all the wrong times, otherwise I am alright with its performance. The keyboard is very comfy and the screen is also nice so that is why I have kept it.

Whats a good laptop I can get for class for a somewhat decent price. I was going through the /tpg/ and the x220 looks good, thoughts? No gayming, just coding and maybe some chink shit cartoons here and there.

pic related is specs of my lawnmower
>>
>>62210303
It also looks like this.
>>
>>62210303
was it quieter in the past? dust buildup can block fans and make them go at max rpm
>>
File: 1500757314108.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500757314108.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>62210320
No, not really. Its always been like this. I have cleaned it out a handful of times but it continues to be loud as fuck.
I am just fed up with people looking back at me because this thing is going full tilt over nothing when the room is dead silent.
>>
>>62210338
you can use a cooling pad to supply cold air into your fan intake so that your laptop gets cooled without its fans going max rpm and the cooling pads fans are quieter, but you'd need the space for it and to bother with it
>>
File: 1502847912253.png (315KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502847912253.png
315KB, 500x500px
>>62210353
I was considering getting one of those for when I am home, the fan is awkwardly placed in the upper left hand corner of the bottom of the laptop so it would have to be one that is under that.
>>
File: 1200px-ThinkPad_X220.jpg (149KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-ThinkPad_X220.jpg
149KB, 1200x900px
Does anyone have an x220? If so, how does it run and does it keep quiet?

I already love the way this thing looks and that keyboard looks comfy as fuck.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.