[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought a laptop that has Windows on it, but want to reformat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1504127007416.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1504127007416.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
I bought a laptop that has Windows on it, but want to reformat the disk. Is there any way to reinstall Windows after doing so, without having to buy it? Can I find the "product key" somewhere on the OS?
>>
>>62209001
>>>/wsr/
>>>/g/sqt
>>51971506
>>
Magical Jellybean works if its win8.1 or older. dunno about 10, i think it's linked to your microsoft account or something
>>
>>62209056
>encouraging this behavior
a thread died for this, you should do the same.
>>
>>62209001
You can if you're laptop is uefi.
>>
most windows pcs after 8 have the product key in the bios and you should be able to grab a clean .iso from microsoft.com and install no problem. just boot into the iso and there are a few options for you, complete reinstall, refresh, reset... you should be a ok
>>
>>62209001
You can google how to link your product id with a microsoft live account. That way even if you install it on a different computer, it should still activate as long as you are only using one at a time.
>>
>>62209935
literally did this on a used laptop yesterday. it never asked for product key. make sure you download the right version of windows.
>>
File: c04541651.jpg (44KB, 479x345px) Image search: [Google]
c04541651.jpg
44KB, 479x345px
>>62209001
you should backup the image from the recovery partition

look around your start menu. it might be named recovery media maker. they can write it to USB or DVD. whenever you need to restore to factory settings, boot from the media you made.
in some cases it's in the BIOS settings too. pic related.

>>
>>62209001
give it back
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.