[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is better for a no bullshit Windows experience; Windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Which is better for a no bullshit Windows experience; Windows Server 2016 or Windows 10 LTSB?
>>
Windows 7
>>
GANOO/Linux
>>
>>62196932
Solus
>>
With things like zeffy around, what arguments other than "muh dx12" do Win10 fags actually have?
>>
>>62197020
>Compared to 7
It just werks for more hardware.
Task manager is no longer shit.
File operation dialog is no longer shit.
>Compared to 8.1
Window decorations are smaller and prettier.
Support for paths >260 characters.
Console is less shit and now supports 24bit color and various escape codes.
It can natively run linux applications. This is a big one obviously.

There's probably more but I mostly used XP during Windows 7 days.
>>
Is Windows Server viable as a desktop OS? Does it support videos and games?
>>
LTSB
>>
>>62197141
Just FYI Windows has had support for long paths up to 32,767 characters since Win2k, you just need to prefix paths with \\?\ (Explorer still wouldn't let you create >260 but it was fine from the terminal)

>>62197020
WSL alone was enough to make me switch, and once more developers start adopting it UWP will be well worth it too. There's also just lots of little neat changes which may appear small on the surface, but they all add up. Win10 is a godsend for developers with all the tools and enhancements it has, it was impossible to do any sort of non-webshit or .NET shit development on Windows before 10 without using shoddy trash like cygwin or dual booting with Linux.
>>
>>62197236
Yes, it supports everything that regular Windows does and has a better network stack. As I recall though, some desktop related shit can be a hassle to get to work. Not sure if it's easier with 2016 than it was with 2012 R2.
>>
>>62196932
Just had it bsod for memory management. Ran the tools and of course no problems found. No idea at this point.
>>
I use Server 2012 and it's like Windows 7 but more stable and the UI isn't quite as ugly as Windows 10.
>>
The greatest problem I found with using windows server as desktop os is having to use a "server" antivirus. Standard desktop antivirus' straight up refuse to install (at least the ones I've tested). Other than that, it can do anything a standard desktop os can and even more. You might find the ability to install all the different services useful. Oh yeah, and it doesn't reboot at random cuz servers aren't supposed to do that.
>>
>>62196948
Pronounced ñu idiot
>>
>>62196932
Windows XP
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.