[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Setting up a proxy for torrenting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: vpc-migrate-example-vpc.png (54KB, 501x364px) Image search: [Google]
vpc-migrate-example-vpc.png
54KB, 501x364px
How the fuck do you set up a proxy for torrenting? I've been pulling my hair out over the last few days.

>try Dante which uses SOCKS5
>works, except it doesn't support IPV6 nor does it connect to udp trackers
>try Srelay which also uses SOCKS5
>same issue as Dante but it supports ipv6
>try Squid which uses HTTP
>doesn't connect to any clients or udp servers.

Fuck, I just wanna use qBittorrent over a proxy. Anyone know how to configure squid to work? Or do you know of an app that actually works with torrenting?
>>
>>62182647
Not OP but I also got a question about proxy's

Since they are trying to stop downloading I was forced to take a proxy but now whenever I try to post on 4chan it says my ip range or country is blocked

Why is this? it's very annoying now that I have to post on my mobile phone and not on computer
>>
>>62182647
also is your proxy free? cause free proxy's are shit and dont work and if they somehow work they are slow as fuck

if you have a paid vpn just start it and go to whatsimyip.com and see if it works
>>
>>62182647
You should be able to configure dante to do ipv6 and UDP
>>
>>62182647
3proxy, it's easy to configure and works with udp and ipv6
>>
>>62182647
Just get a VPN for like $5/mo. It's reliable and fast. Mullvad, NordVPN and Private Internet Access are decent.
>>
>>62183062
Online it said the ipv6 code doesn't exist for Dante. It won't work.

>>62183482
I tried but there is no bin directory after compiling it. So I can't use it.

>>62184112
I want to set up my own for friends to use.
>>
use a vpn you yard
proxies leak your IP
>>
are you trying to connect through a proxy to a tracker, or are you trying to put a tracker you run behind a proxy? for what it's worth, I've used nginx as a reverse-proxy in front of chihaya and it works just fine. If thats what you're trying to do I'm happy to post an nginx.conf file
>>
>>62184878
Not since 2014

>>62184914
I'm trying to setup a proxy server on a Linux Distro that other people can connect to using the proxy settings in their torrent client, internet browser, etc.
>>
>>62184825
>>62184825
>I tried but there is no bin directory after compiling it. So I can't use it.
Is there no 3proxy executable in source folder after compiling?
>>
>>62184959
Ah, there is. These tutorials on the internet are way off.
>>
>>62184945
ah ok, so you have a tracker, and you're trying to obfuscated it while allowing access to other people? Sounds like you're trying to do what I described if I'm not mistaken. Maybe this will help if you decide to use nginx, which is perfect for the job in my opinion. If you're not familiar with it, please feel free to ask any questions, it's a quintessential tool.
upstream chihaya {
server 127.0.0.1:6881;
}

server {
listen 6969;
server_name my.server.name;

# Access List
allow 0.0.0.0/0;
deny all;

ssl on;
ssl_certificate /etc/nginx/keys/nginx.crt;
ssl_certificate_key /etc/nginx/keys/nginx.key;

ssl_session_timeout 30m;

location / {
proxy_pass http://chihaya/;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_set_header Host $host;
}
}

you'll notice there isn't any HSTS header here when their certainly could be. This is because I found that Chihaya didn't really know what to do with it, which is ok because I really only needed https up until nginx. my top level nginx.conf file has an include line for this chunk i've posted here. If you're in AWS, you also have the option to place your tracker behind an ELB/ALB and use security groups and nacls to restrict access, among other things.
>>
File: file.png (42KB, 682x446px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
42KB, 682x446px
>>62183482
OK so I set it up but it's still not connecting via UDP. Here is my cfg. I just copied it from the net and tweaked it:

##Main##

#Starting 3proxy as a service/daemon
daemon

#DNS Servers to resolve domains and for the local DNS cache
#that providers faster resolution for cached entries
nserver 91.239.100.100
nserver 89.233.43.71
nscache 65536

#Authentication
#CL = Clear Text, CR = Encrypted Passswords (MD5)
#Add MD5 users with MD5 passwords with "" (see below)
#users "user:CR:$1$lFDGlder$pLRb4cU2D7GAT58YQvY49."
users abc:CL:123

#Logging
log /var/log/3proxy/3proxy.log D
logformat "- +_L%t.%. %N.%p %E %U %C:%c %R:%r %O %I %h %T"
rotate 30

#Auth type
#auth strong = username & password
auth strong

#Binding address
external 0.0.0.0
internal 0.0.0.0

#SOCKS5
auth strong
flush
allow *
maxconn 384
socks -p6969
>>
>>62186130
You have to set external and internal to your reachable IP address
>>
>>62186287
Fuck yeah! WOOOOO
>>
File: bruce.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
bruce.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>62186378
>>
>>62186493
Doesn't work completely.

In qBittorrent, if I set the proxy server in its settings, the UDP trackers wont connect. But if I use Proxifier and disable the qBittorrent proxy settings they do connect. WTF? It's the same proxy too.
>>
>>62186662
can be related to
https://github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/issues/1373
>>
>>62183043
>but now whenever I try to post on 4chan it says my ip range or country is blocked
To prevent people from shitposting by hopping of their base IP and using a proxy to bump a gay thread.
>>
>>62186662
>>62186933
Also try downloading with biglybt, its vuze without bloat, socks5&udp settings should work with it
https://www.biglybt.com/
>>
>>62186933
Guess I'll just pirate proxifier and use that until this is fixed.

>>62187038
Oh god I just switched from uTorrent to qBittorrent too. I don't wanna have to switch again.
>>
>>62187064
Looking from download page qbittorrent beta version has a more recent libtorrent version, you can also try that, looks like patch isn't in stable yet.
>>
>>62187412
Didn't work. I pirated Proxifier and it's actually really fucking good. I can actually choose any applications on my PC to send through the proxy. Very useful.
>>
Pay $5/mo for a seedbox, setup a cronjob with lftp to sync it every so often and be done with it.
>>
>>62182647
And you probably tell everybody who'll listen that you're an expert in IP stuff.
>>
How would torrenting over a proxy even work? Can you open a listening port for incoming connections over a proxy?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.