[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, can you anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: well.png (24KB, 639x340px) Image search: [Google]
well.png
24KB, 639x340px
Well, can you anon?
>>
Nice opportunities for ddos too. I'll pass on infesting my house with the IoT
>>
>>62181647
Only retards fall for the IoT meme
Really, how hard is it for someone to not spend every waking moment of their life connected to the internet?
>>
>>62181752
my aircon
lights
vacuume
pc
tc
doors
security system
are all usable through the net
iot is real
>>
>not rigging up your shit yourself to your non web enabled domotic server
I just wish there was a 100% local voice recognition software. I don't even care if it costs money as long as it's autonomous.
>>
>>62181948
>AC
This shouldn't need internet access
>Lights
Nigga just flip the switch
>Vacuum
You actually fell for the Roomba meme? You realize they sell maps of your house, right?
>PC
Fair
>tc
What?
>Doors
Why the fuck are your doors connected to the internet?
>Security system
Fair enough for monitoring and notifications

IoT is stupid and has very few practical applications that, and even less that don't compromise your privacy and freedom.
>>
>>62182054
>>AC
>This shouldn't need internet access
it allows me to turn the heater on/ off remotely as well adjust the temps in each room. Useful in bed too.
>>Lights
>Nigga just flip the switch
dimmable switches, no strictly connected to the net (although tp link and xiaomi make net models). mine uses a 2.4ghz band none the less
>>Vacuum
>You actually fell for the Roomba meme? You realize they sell maps of your house, right?
would be useful if it could upload to the internet. it has local net access only.
>>PC
>Fair
>>tc
*tv
>What?
>>Doors
>Why the fuck are your doors connected to the internet?
Front door unlocks and locks remotely if need be
>>Security system
>Fair enough for monitoring and notifications
>>
>>62181948
>are all exploitable through the net

fix'd that for you
>>
>>62182112
Do you also wipe your ass or masturbate remotely? You just listed trivial things every normal human being does everyday.
>>
>>62182112
>it allows me to turn the heater on/ off remotely as well adjust the temps in each room. Useful in bed too.
Enjoy some Russian script kiddie setting your house on fire
>>
>>62182172
He's a fat lazy fuck
>>
>>62181647
Why the fuck does nobody make IoT devices that are only reachable within their intranet?
Want to connect and control them from the outside? Open a VPN connection to your router and control everything from there.
This way all those shitty devices won't/can't phone home while you still get all benefits of a Smart Home(tm)
>>
The implications and risks are deebly goncerning
>>
>>62183268
>Why the fuck does nobody make IoT devices that are only reachable within their intranet?
2 reasons : the companies make money off reselling every byte of data they can extract from your house.

Secondly, it's much easier to have a device connect to a known server in the Clown and have the customer's smart phone connect to the same Clown server then to have the customer set up some server on their home computer then get them to open their router enough so their smart phone can connect to their home computer.
>>
>>62183709
Think about it : everyone will be forced to upgrade their TV, fridge, microwave when the mfg stops updating the firmware. YUGE REVENUE STREAM.
>>
>>62183806
You know they won't, and the security holes will be a nightmare we'll never wake up from
>>
>>62181948
*hacks into your network and play this full blast at 3AM on a monday*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJrY3p9nzVY
>>
>>62183899
Then we get saddled by federally mandated isolating firewalls filled with NSA spyware. Win-Win !
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.