[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does no one make a native copy of Photoshop on Leenucks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Why does no one make a native copy of Photoshop on Leenucks? Does the open sores community not see how that would help to broaden the user base?
>>
>>62177366
We already have the biblical GIMP
>>
>>62177366
GIMP for life
>>
>>62177384
This.
>>62177366
The open source community doesn't govern a closed source proprietary software.
>>
>>62177384
>>62177435
>>62177441

If GIMP is so good why is drawing a circle so triggering?

Also GIMP is pure and uttter shit, who ever made it should be ashamed of themselves. Paint.net is actually somewhat useable compared to the abortion called GIMP
>>
>>62177505
>If GIMP is so good why is drawing a circle so triggering?
Idk why.

Learn how to use it instead of whining about it.
>>
>>62177505
use krita
>>
No horse in this race, googled "How to make a circle in GIMP", having never used it before.

>Step 1. Make a new Layer
>7 more steps to go

Jesus fucking christ this cannot be real.
>>
>>62177633
It's open source, you can improve it.
You can use a plugin for shapes.
>>
>>62177505

gimp is the greatest piece of shit software ever made
>>
>>62177505
kill yourself retard and delete this stupid fucking thread
>>
>>62177633
Straight install is ASS. I learned there were no shape tools after fiddling around for 20 minutes trying to stamp a fucking rectangle.
>>
>>62177441
>The open source community doesn't govern a closed source proprietary software.
That's why its job is to open up the source for all software; by force if need be.
>>
>>62177366
PS fags arguing they cant do their job without that shitty software its the same as mediocres programmers claiming they need VS or shit like that to do their job.
>>
>>62177726
I have to say, "conspiracy to commit corporate espionage" is a new low for you freetards, and that's really saying something considering Stallman's GNU mating dance.
>>
>>62177768
> using PS, task takes 5 seconds to do
> using Gimp, task takes 1 minute to do

guess which one i'm using?
the one thats easier and takes less time.

you COULD program in asm, but i bet you dont.. is that because you are a mediocre programmer? or is it because programming in a higher level language is faster and less error prone?

you could write code in notepad, but i bet you dont, because using an ide is faster and less error prone.
>>
>>62177366
That GUI is absolutely disgusting. I'd rather we kickstart a linux photoshop project and spend most of the cash on a passable 21st century look.
>>
File: krita-3.jpg (228KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
krita-3.jpg
228KB, 1600x900px
They are working on it.
>>
>>62177785
Means of computing must be seized!
Down with the corporate walls of soft(ware) enslavement!
Freedom to code!
Freedom to change!
Freedom to share!
>>
>>62178272
Let's do it
>>
>>62178312
I'll make the logo
>>
>>62177899
Don't try to make a point, sooner or later some idiot just will say "enjoy your botnet", ignoring all the points you tried to make.
To be fair, you can't expect anything else coming from morons who worship a fat-ass self-centered schizophrenic who fears to be identified even when taking a fucking flight.
>>
>>62177768
As a concept artist who uses PS along with everyone in the industry, you don't have a single clue.
>>
>>62177366
green is my pepper

also free software will never be able to surpass software backed by corporate funding. Krita and GIMP were the attempts
>>
>>62178362
I'll make the logo for you
>>
>>62178619
>as an x you don't have a y
btfo, how can anonymous ever recover
>>
File: os stats.png (70KB, 559x446px) Image search: [Google]
os stats.png
70KB, 559x446px
It might be too much of an investment with no return for Adobe to make their apps work on Linux, but i'm willing to bet if Adobe made their apps available for Linux that a lot of people would make the switch, especially Windows users.
The only other things left would be Microsoft Office and video games.
>>
>>62177366
because it's a lot of work and no one wants to do all that work for free
the best part of a GNU/Linux distribution is Linux, because people are actually being paid to work on it
>>
>>62177366
Because no "creative" person uses linux. There is no market for it.
>>
File: peace___by_tysontan-d760n42.png (478KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
peace___by_tysontan-d760n42.png
478KB, 1000x750px
>>62178242
Kiki a cute!~
>>
>>62177785
I don't think you know what corporate espionage is, anon
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.