[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /g/ you neck beard fuckers. Currently using Ubuntu 16.04

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).jpg (112KB, 796x800px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
112KB, 796x800px
Sup /g/ you neck beard fuckers.

Currently using Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10. I wanna go full OPSEC and I need some help. I'm using a VPN and TOR to browse on the web torrent all that shit. So tell me what are some other ways to protect myself from the NSA

>inb4 bow down to the jew

I've had my camera covered on my laptop for over a year now. What else do I need to do? I know at a certain point I can't escape the NSA. I'm alright with that. But how to I not leave myself so vulnerable.

Willing to change OS's disconnect my hardware mic so that when I wanna speak to someone I just pug my headset or earbuds in.
>>
No way to be fully free anymore unless you use retroware. Even with a full freedom linux, your processor has a botnetyou can't remove.
>>
>>62175424
Opsec isn't about the tech its about what you do. Never let any information leak between different identities.

>>62175484
That's not wrong but it is misleading. Attacking a machine by planting malicious firmware is a very difficult thing to do. Unless he's being individually targeted he doesn't have to worry about it. Even if he is, he has lines of defense ahead of that. Your argument is a bit like saying "Well, [Russia, China, Israel, etc] has nukes, better not bother having a military or any defense at all, they can just blow us away"
>>
>>62175484
Shit that sucks
>>
Grab a laptop desktop motherboard thats (libre||core)bootable second hand with cash, flash that shit, and run a 100% libre setup from the feet up. Tor through a VPN (i think thats the right layering) connection. Have bitorrent seeding and downloading to prevent traffic analysis. Full disk encryption. Minimize attack surfaces as much as possible.
Miss anything?
>>
>>62175544
Exactly what precautions can I take? Not being targeted but I just don't like the feeling of my home life being monitored. My house is wrapped in Cameras theres a log of every door and window in my house being open and closed. But the shit part of that is that I use that very same protection for myself. But I'm not gonna leave myself vulnerable within my tech. Just wanting to take that extra step and have that comfort
>>
>>62175569
>Miss anything?
Yeah, you skipped the part where you think about your threat model and which defenses are worthwhile and why. You're just repeating shit you heard on /g/.
>>
>>62175569
Thanks thats what I'm looking for
>>
>>62175609 (You)
I dont think anything on that list is so outlandish for a normie nonsnowden. If one wanted a dedicated freedom box, thats a good basic recipe.
>>62175615
theres a /sec/ general that pops up here now and then. Check that out too.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.