[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sites from pre-normies era

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot.jpg (8KB, 164x156px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.jpg
8KB, 164x156px
Unfortunately i'm too young to have experienced the old internet, the era of the weird adobe flash animations, mod trackers, forums, different sites for different communities, no modern social networks, no normies, the begin of the internet, from 1990 to early 2000's
I'd like to frequent some of the historical sites that are still in use and detach a bit from the social networks and modern video/audio streaming services
I also create videos, images and music, so i'd like to upload them in some of this sites, even if they're way less frequented
>>
There's no such thing as the pre-normalfag web, the web was made by and for normalfags. The real internet was dead by the early 90s.
>>
>I also create videos, images and music, so i'd like to upload them in some of this sites
hold your horses there buddy, this concept is not compatible with the old internet

you're going to have to attach those things to an email to give to the webmaster of the website, where he may or may not choose to upload it, or link it
and there's not going to be any videos playing on the site itself, are you crazy?
your music better be midi format too else it's not going to be there either

images are probably fine
>>
>>62158674
>Unfortunately i'm too young
Then fuck off. You're part of the problem.
>>
I'm thinking more about 2000's sites like early video/audio streaming services
>>
>>62158834
>early video/audio streaming services
shoutcast? realmedia?
the hell are you talking about
>>
>>62158834
>Early 2000 stream
No such thing. Back then it was newgrounds and stickman flash-animations
>>
>>62158834
Like, Realplayer? Napster? I don't think you quite understand what you're taking for granted, bucko.
>>
File: received_10212655966467264.gif (112KB, 220x264px) Image search: [Google]
received_10212655966467264.gif
112KB, 220x264px
Get a 486 with 16mb of ram, run a text only browser on a dial up.
Fun, fun.
How I used to MUDD & usenet back in the faggoty 80/90's.

Yes, I was also recently diagnosed with autism.
>>
>>62158674

https://wiby.me is a search engine for the exact old style pages you are looking for.

Now enjoy the old interweb. And you're welcome.
>>
File: 1503280089705.jpg (222KB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
1503280089705.jpg
222KB, 494x494px
>>62158674
>Newgrounds
>YTMND
>Neopets
>Runescape
>Ebaumsworld
>""""no normies""""
>>
>>62158674
I still have a backup of my 90's homepage. Can't show it here, but let me tell you, it was a masterpiece of layout by nested tables. Good fucking times.

Shame my webdev skills are forever stuck in that time, I still can hardly into CSS which was a new and barely supported fancy back then.
>>
http://www.zombo.com/

Surprised this one is still up and running.
>>
>>62160003
>Farked
>Altavista
>>
>nostalgia got me in 2005 so I decided to look for old games I used to play in the late 90's
>something about macromedia
>turns out I played those games in slow motion the whole time, using a modern laptop shows those sites at real speed
>nope, I wasn't that good, it was just slow

Fuck the old internet.

>fifa 98 tho...
>>
>>62159957
found this http://advsys.net/ken/voxlap/voxlap05.htm

on this site

http://advsys.net/ken/default.htm
>>
>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
neocities feels, i really need to strech the "feels", like stepping into another person's blog in 2001
>>
>>62159711
>text only browser
He can literally just install Gentoo and links.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.