[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/, why don't we make our own ISP/telecom company?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Kinky+pepe_b4d0a5_6212086.jpg (38KB, 530x325px) Image search: [Google]
Kinky+pepe_b4d0a5_6212086.jpg
38KB, 530x325px
/g/, why don't we make our own ISP/telecom company?
>>
Because the startup costs are too high and the incumbent ISPs will sue you to keep you out of developing in a region or to simply tie your hands with red tape and expensive legal battles until you go out of business before laying down even an inch of optical fiber.
>>
>>62156972
Because we can't make anything but logos
>>
>>62157570
this
/thread
>>
>>62156972
I'll make the logo!
>>
>>62157044
So basically there's regulation benefiting the current powers, and they also got subsidies and incentives to get their infrastructure to what it is; plus, they horde their infrastructure and claim rights to the land their cables go through? What if we were to just create a new internet not connected to a backbone and laid out cable through property we have access to?
>>
>I N F R A S T R U C T U R E
>N
>F
>R
>A
>S
>T
>R
>U
>C
>T
>U
>R
>E
>>
>>62157669
>What if we were to just create a new internet not connected to a backbone and laid out cable through property we have access to?
This is the future.

Radio towers and micronetworks laid with fiber.
>>
>>62156972
Google failed, think /g/ can do anything except this? >>62157570
>>
>>62156972
massive barriers to market entry including a cartel of established giants ready and just itching to sue us into the dirt
one day
>>
>>62156972
We could but need >>62157690
Then there's >>62157044 >>62160110

We set up us an MVNO and lease capacity from independently owned towers, that would make the most sense. But the worst part would be FCC, before even dealing with the lawsuits.

>>62157669
they horde their infrastructure and claim rights to the land their cables go through?
Technically they can't do that since reclassification, but they have all kinds of dirty tricks.
>>62157706
This should NOT be the future. We need to demand that the networks we have now be made open and force decentralization. Creating a new network wouldn't work in the long run.
>muh pirate internet
>>
>Cuban residents made up a pseudo ISP that works in all Havana
>the neckbeard collective of /g/ gave up after the first post
wew
>>
How the hell can clapistanians even sue each other for starting companies?
>>
I havent paid attention to mesh/wireless ad hoc whatever you call it in my life. 'splain to an idiot why this isnt a viable option
>>
>>62161056
USA is a corporatocracy.
>>
>>62161169
Neat. Shadowrun when?
>>
>>62161233
soon, chummer.
>>
We don't need to make it in the US. What we could do is run tunnels through the current internet that then enter our network through bridges. Basically, network A would be in Europe, and network B in the US. Each network would have it's own infrastructure, conectng a few hundred computers. To connect Net A and B, there would be an exit node, that runs an encrypted tunnel from Exit A to Exit B over the regular internet. As the idea gains popularity more networks would be added, until finally no tunnels are needed.
>>
Why don't we just launch our own internet satellite that gives you free gigbit internet and shoots rainbows out of its ass?
>>
Someone ban OP pls for breaking Global Rule 6
>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

His image is such low-quality shit he should get banned for it.
>>
>>62163181
This we only need a massive crowd funding
>>
>>62156972
Destroy the current infrastructure so that someone else can take over
>>
>>62163253
Remember to bolt a cannon onto it so that Verizon gets a bloody nose when they try to take it down.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.