[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Windows 7 SP1 + Latest Update Roll-up (August 2017) or >Windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (160KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
160KB, 1920x1080px
>Windows 7 SP1 + Latest Update Roll-up (August 2017)
or
>Windows 10 with most of the telemetry disabled
What would you pick and why?

For me, DX12 isn't a big deal. The rare instance I do play video games it's old emulated shit through OpenGL or Vulkan, both of which are supported on 7. I also despise all the tracking bullshit that comes with Windows 10. Aside from that there doesn't seem to be any significant reason to "upgrade" from 7 to 10, especially when missing USB3 and WiFi drivers can just be integrated into Windows 7 ISOs.

tl;dr: is it worth the upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 despite all the telemetry crap?
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>62146181
>uses windows unironically
>makes a blog post about it on /g/
>>
>>62146202
It's the superior operating system, Anon. It's worth all the blog posts and praise it can get.
>>
Never use an un-updated Windows installation while connected to any sort of network, especially one connected to the internet. Windows 7 is fine for as long as you can get security updates for it, after that you'll need to either move to 8.1, 10, or another operating system altogether.
>>
>>62146181
just go to windows 8.1 pro + classic shell
>>
>>62146181
I still use windows 7
>>
>>62146181
Windows 7 because:
-telemetry can not be fully disabled
-it does not force me to update wasting hours at a time, it also doesn't break when updating like 10
-UI actually makes sense, unlike the retarded Win32 + UWP abomination in Windows 10
-even if you try to ignore the UWP part, Win32 applications still look better on 7.
-font rendering doesn't suck
-DX12 is a meme
>>
>>62146581
>telemetry can not be fully disabled
Same thing can be said about 7.
>it does not force me to update wasting hours at a time
Having up to date system is not a waste of time, and it doesn't waste hours of your time either.
>it also doesn't break when updating like 10
You have never even used 10 for extended period of time, how do you even know it """breaks""" things.
Honestly, maybe automatic driver updates break shit, any non tech illiterate user has those disabled.
Also do I need to remind you that Windows 7 comes with update service broken out of fucking box on fresh install and Microsoft refuses to fix that? That's if you want to talk about "broken" OS.
>UI actually makes sense, unlike the retarded Win32 + UWP abomination in Windows 10
Agree
>even if you try to ignore the UWP part, Win32 applications still look better on 7.
Agree
>font rendering doesn't suck
It does. Font rendering on any version of windows was always shit. Actually 7 and 10 are exactly the same in this regard.
>>
>>62146181
Neither. The Rollup is literally intalling all the shit you don't want anyways. I would use Windows 7, and all non-botnet updates until the rollup, if possible. If not, I would use Windows Vista, since that insane UAC would do a decent job of keeping informed people safe.
>>
>>62146181
Windows 7 is, on a fundamental level, not an OS designed to fuck your shit up like 10. I've never had 7 install Candy Crush without asking, or insert ads for a cloud service into my file manager, or shill IE to me when I try to change my defaults, or use my bandwidth without permission to download or share updates, or randomly break and uninstall things I was using with updates I didn't ask for, or countless other things in my year or so of using W10 on my desktop.
There is a reason that W7 now sits on my SSD.
>>
>>62146181
Windows 8.1 + Classic Shell + security only updates through WSUS Offline Updater
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.