[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>http://www.thedrum.com/news/2017/0 8/25/uber-pledges-12m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: girls-who-code.jpg (876KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
girls-who-code.jpg
876KB, 1200x800px
>http://www.thedrum.com/news/2017/08/25/uber-pledges-12m-girls-who-code

>Uber gibs 1.2 million dollaridoos to Girls Who Code for being a bunch of girls

Don't hit on me you silly goys uh i mean guys.
>>
>clock boy transitioned
holy fuck. who will stop Google?
>>
>GIRL POWERZZ WHOO
>>
>>62132089
Girls are naturally less inclined to be interested in technology. So you need to spend more money to find and support the ones that are. Otherwise they will be denied the chance because it is atypical for them.
This is just ensuring equal opportunity and a good thing.
>>
>gibsing money to charity to save on taxes
>Gibsing to virtue signal
>Gibsing to a meme group that will never do anything with it
>Gibsing to promoted sexism agaisnt male
All good.
Yup, day of the rope soon.
>>
the plural of goy is goyim
>>
File: 1486407355533.jpg (111KB, 452x346px) Image search: [Google]
1486407355533.jpg
111KB, 452x346px
>>62132089
ayy
>>
This is so humouring, it's like putting roller skates on monkeys

>>62132369
lol
>>
File: girls_who_code.jpg (845KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
girls_who_code.jpg
845KB, 1200x800px
>>62132089
>>
>>62134039
>caring what a private enterprise chooses to do with its own funds
commie detected
>>
File: KodeWithKlossy!!.png (2MB, 1357x1281px) Image search: [Google]
KodeWithKlossy!!.png
2MB, 1357x1281px
>>62137952
to newfags that don't understand
>>
File: feminism and tech.png (77KB, 996x348px) Image search: [Google]
feminism and tech.png
77KB, 996x348px
Do people not realize the amount of damage these "Girl Power!" organizations actually do? I've met plenty of smart women in CS and I've never had any respect for them off the bat because so many others were there purely because they got free rides for having a cunt
>>
>>62138041

Some people just can't deal with the fact that genders are different..

Don't get me wrong:
If women were NOT allowed to study and become good at CS, if NOBODY would hire girls who are great programmers I would be the first one to go on the streets and fight for their EQUAL rights.

But this is just ridiculous.
>>
I love how all this effort to put women on a special pedestal is backfiring. If you want people to join your career it'll only work if they do so naturally and for their own reasons

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-41047740
>>
>programming on a chiclet keyboard
>>
If the marketing is to be believed, Girls Who Code is the programming equivalent of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64PKoAiWhjE (fast forward to 1:32)
>>
>>62132089
Oh shit, is it female Raja Koduri? Want.
>>
>>62137952
>/dpt/
holy shit
>>
>>62132108
hearty kek
>>
>>62138118
>I would be the first one to go on the streets and fight
we are reaching levels of beta that shouldn't even be possible
>>
>>62138137
>programming on only 1 monitor
>>
>>62132089
Stay frustrated white boys. :^)
>>
Has there ever been a worse time to be a non-privileged poor heterosexual white guy?

Absolutely no handouts for me whatsoever.
>>
>>62141356
silly silly, your whiteness and maleness /is/ your privilege and handout! now bend over so the sweet, underappreciated wxmyns can fuck your butthole raw
>>
test
>>
>>62141611
doubles
>>
>>62141303
>wanting women to have opportunity is being beta
You've been on the internet too long.
>>
File: 1484709741988.gif (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484709741988.gif
12KB, 500x500px
>>62141714
>believing in opportunism as a worthwhile principle on which to build a society
>>
>>62137994
Yea I've come to realize that the liberals are right and the state controlling businesses closely isn't a terrible idea as long as I like the state.
>>
>Listen to NPR because my tax dollars fund it.
>Science Friday is on
>"Great I like science."
>6 year old girl writes a letter to host saying that she likes space
>"Well we can't give every little child that writes us a letter a free t-shirt, but you DESERVE it"
>the only thing we know is she's 6, and has a vagina
>DESERVE

They teach em while they are young.
>>
why do people put stickers on their macbooks :(
>>
>>62132369
>Girls are naturally less inclined to be interested in technology. So you need to spend more money to find and support the ones that are. Otherwise they will be denied the chance because it is atypical for them.

>This is just ensuring equal opportunity and a good thing.

Where are the programs to get more women soldiers, more women construction workers, more women trash and sewer workers? The same justification that women are less inclined to do something applies to the above careers.
>>
>>62141773
Wow, you've opened my eyes. We should prevent people from doing things they want to do.
>>
>>62132089
The basic idea is good, but the implementation, as done by stupid leftists is probably dreadful and sexist.
>>
>>62141878
Do whatever the fuck you like. Just don't get any ideas that you're entitled to any more than the next guy for it.
>>
>>62141867
I feel like all the "STEM is the best and lets get all kids/women/minorities involved" is just to dilute the labor pool so companies have to pay less. These companies can wrap themselves in "we're feminists and supporting minorities" to get good press, but it ultimately helps their bottom line.

It's kind of gross when there is legit sexism and racism in tech that gets ignored within companies because they don't benefit from fixing it. See Uber's bullshit.
>>
The sad part is if you ran into a women programmer 30 years ago you knew she was talented. That's not the case anymore and perhaps the reverse is true.

https://medium.com/incerto/surgeons-should-notlook-like-surgeons-23b0e2cf6d52
>>
>>62141888
>as done by stupid leftists
>arbitrary endeavor of private enterprise, uncontrolled by state interference
>leftist
sorry buddy, SJW are right-of-center
>>
>>62141978
I'm not talking about uber, or even the fact uber paid for this, but "girls who code" sounds a lot like one of those things done by people acting out either by feeling to explore feelings of others rather than trying to actually come with an effective solution.
>>
>>62142035
>people acting out either by feeling to explore feelings of others rather than trying to actually come with an effective solution.
psst: people being irrational is not inherently leftist
>>
>>62132089
The redhead actually looks pretty cute.
>>
File: 1363025249892.png (211KB, 896x832px) Image search: [Google]
1363025249892.png
211KB, 896x832px
>>62141958
Well at least we know who is behind this.
>>
>>62141878
>not giving women a free ride prevents them from studying CS
At last I truly see.
>>
>>62141978
Oh boy, it's le "America is all hardcore conservative everyone else is normal but even American leftists are actually rightists :*)" argument. Come back when you have an education in anything besides being smarmy and having bad teeth, europoor.
>>
>>62141978
You're not wrong. Antifa are right-wing death-squads righteously smashing liberals in the streets.
>>
>>62141921
>>62142114
This is in response to
>If women were NOT allowed to study and become good at CS, if NOBODY would hire girls who are great programmers

not
>if women were NOT given special incentives to study CS, if NOBODY hired women exclusively to meet quotas"

Everyone is so hypersensitive here.
>>
>>62132369
>Girls are naturally less inclined to be interested in technology
This isn't a problem that needs fixing, and your solution is the opposite of equal opportunity if it precludes half the population.
>Otherwise they will be denied the chance because it is atypical for them.
The chance for what? How? What are you even talking about and do you have a single source to back it up?
>>
>>62141714
>white-knighting for women who wouldn't do the same for you
my cuck meter is off the charts
>>
>>62132089
me on the left
>>
>>62132089

if women are equally as good at tech..

why do they need a helping hand?
>>
>be male programmer
>work my butt off learning coding and network security
>see that girls are getting money cause they're girls
>be male programmer forever in his cubicle shamed by the world

Feels bad
>>
>>62132369
It's about driving wages down
>>
Why do people talk about equal opportunity? What stops a woman from getting into programming these days? Is it the fact that she's not into the exact environment she wants because she thinks of make programmers as inferior? I don't get this thing really.

If what you want is the same outcome then do the same to achieve it, not everyone can be successful (or should).
>>
>>62143975
Nothing stops a woman. Women just complain about anything, even if their life is 100% good. Women still complain even when they have everything in the world. A woman is never satisfied, which is why the industry should have ignored them.
>>
>>62143975
Male programmers* sorry
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.