[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /oldschoolmac/ here? Just upgraded the RAM and replaced the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Who /oldschoolmac/ here? Just upgraded the RAM and replaced the disc drive with an SSD on this baby.
>>
The fact that it costs 600 eurodollars or more to get a laptop that's 6 years old and has a terrible display, when similar thinkpads cost a third of the price with samey specs, makes me avoid them. I'm not paying 400 for a good trackpad, I still get to keep the terrible resolution.
>>
>>62131458
Isn’t the display the weak point of thinkpads too?
>>
>>62131569
Yep, but you can get the same for what, 200 bucks? You can even use hackintosh on those.
>>
>>62131569
That's mainly a T-series issue, the X versions and post-30 thinkpads have IPS screens.

There's also exceptions like the T60 flexview one of course.
>>
>>62131281
That's not "/oldschoolmac/".
68k Macintosh or bust, faggot.
>>
>>62131458
>The fact that it costs 600 eurodollars or more to get a laptop that's 6 years old and has a terrible display
What are you talking about? Even the non-retina 1440x900 LED displays on older MBPs (2009-2012) where great. When we go into 2013 Retina territory, you're totally fucked thinking aa ThinkPad has a better display to offer.

I used to have a MBP from 2012, I got it for 400€, mint condition, that was the typical price for the around one to two years ago, now they are even cheaper. Stop spewing out bullshit, just because you see some retard wanting 600 bucks for something on eBay on his listing that's over a year old while the 300€ listings for the same item come and go all the time.

I kinda miss my 2012 MBP, with 16GB of RAM, an i7, five hour battery life, two 240GB SSDs in RAID0. It was a pretty comfy machine, gave it to my sisters son though as I no longer needed it for work.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.