[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trains are technology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: i choo choo choose you.jpg (29KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
i choo choo choose you.jpg
29KB, 500x388px
why is america still too undeveloped to have a high speed rail system
>>
>>62128750
2big, to get good trains you'd need to fix the railroads and update them, which would make them incompatible with current trains that were designed for 1850 technology.
>>
>>62128770

then why was europe, a collection of countries about the same size as mainland USA with distinctly different cultures, languages and stanards, that was almost constantly at war for centuries until only about half a century ago, able to do it?
>>
>>62128750
Jewish car companies rather have gridlock than advance any forms of public transportation.
>>
>>62128750
no point in it because of the size of america and the already existing plane infrastructure
>>
>>62128750
High speed rail systems are a thing of the past, we should build a hyperloop network instead.
>>
>>62128803
Because the invention of the automobile revolutionized American transport (to the point that we have a highway system stretching across the entire nation) and pretty much the railroad fell to the wayside as it became more socially accepted and normal to own a car and drive yourself from point A to point B
>>
File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>62128857

>europe dont cars
>>
>>62128857
>defending not having high speed trains
>because cars
you what nigger? every shithole country has cars.
>>
>>62128848

go away elon
>>
>>62128857
Let me add that personally I would love if trains would make a comeback and became a viable means of transport, but at this point trains have been mostly relegated from moving industrial products between different cities in our nation so that's unlikely

>>62128872
I never said they didn't. But we've had car companies like Ford and GM producing cars here since the 20s, so of course cars would become more normalized in the US before it was in Europe, which while it does have cars, doesn't have as much of a history with them.
>>
Cars need to be obsolete, paying a fortune for bumper to bumper traffic is unacceptable
>>
File: americanpepe.png (66KB, 1024x827px) Image search: [Google]
americanpepe.png
66KB, 1024x827px
>be european
>looking to use some of my plentiful vacation days
>buy a train ticket
>2nd class is like a 1st class airline ticket
>drink a refreshing alcoholic beverage
>air conditioning keeps me nice and cool
>read a weekly business digest or enjoy a motion picture
>enjoy a relaxing and civilized commute to the other end of the continent

>be american
>mr shekelstein was nice enough to let me have a statutory holiday off to make a 3-day weekend
>get in the car
>fill it full of liquified dinosaur bones
>hit the interstate
>stuck in bumper to bumper traffic
>air conditioning doesn't work, car is cramped and hot
>kids screeching in the back
>fatass wife bitching because we missed the exit
>finally get to the destination, only 100km away, shitty local lake
>parking costs 100 dollars per day
>already lost an entire day traveling and will lose another coming back
>come home even more miserable and stressed than before and shitpost on 4chan about how shitty life in europe is because muh terrorism and USA is number 1 and we're making america great again
>>
>>62128973
Public transportation needs to be improved, too many people get enslaved to debt and their car just because they care too much about what people think of them.
>>
>>62128973
>Be European
>Get your country swamped by religious zealots from the third world that don't want to assimilate and form no-go zones in your major cities, all the while getting gibs from the gov't and not getting any skills while here, including the rural regions

>Be American
>Deal with Hispanics and niggers which, while they are bad, at least they aren't as bad as third-world economic migrants. If you've had enough of them, move to the suburbs or the rural areas of the countries where, while there are white trash colonies, they're few and far between and life is generally tranquil

It's like if you use hyperbole and omity facts, you can make anyplace in the world seem like shit.
>>
>>62129357
*omit
>>
>>62128750
>why is america still too undeveloped
>undeveloped
You answered your own question. There's too much empty space for economical passenger service, but you already knew that and just wanted to shitpost.
>>
>>62128893
>since the 20s
Shit education there, anon.
>>
>>62129357

>le no go zone meme

kek, i literally just did a walking tour in cologne and the guide said "oh and by the way this street we're on right now was declared a 'no go zone' by breitbart!

you americans were on the right track with being skeptical of your media, but you just decided to swallow even stupider and less accurate media in its place instead
>>
>>62129394
Yeah, I was thinking about when the Model T line ended, but my point still stands. I do find it weird though that all the technology and engineering used to create the engine of the car was originally European (specifically German and French along with quite a few English contributors), yet it was America that ended up with the car culture because of advances in the actual building process of these cars which made them cheaper and more marketable to the middle-class.
>>
>>62129461

You literally didn't read my last sentence

>It's like if you use hyperbole and omit facts, you can make anyplace in the world seem like shit.
>>
>take high speed rail from Portland to LA
>have to rent a car when you get there because American cities are built for cars
Wow, so much better than just driving.
>>
>>62128973
There are some awful trains in Europe too though which make you regret not taking a taxi

Owning your own car is becoming outdated though. Very little point owning one if you live in a decent sized European city. Even my city of ~600k inhabitants has a multitude of public transport options. This trend seems to be extending to American cities but it'll take a long time. I'd focus on state-level rail networks and then hopefully connect them nationally.
>>
>>62129608
>Owning your own car is becoming outdated though.
In the average US city yeah and that's a good trend, but cars are just going to be more aimed towards people that word in the manufacturing, construction and farming industries because their work is extremely reliant on cars (trucks really but trucks are a type of car so whatever) and a lot of people live in the suburbs, so owning a car probably will become less of a city thing and more of a suburban/rural thing in the future instead of owning a car becoming outdated outright
>>
>>62128973
>be european
>go for a walk
>get run over by peaceful syrian refugee
>>
Who wants to ride when they can fly? Planes are much quicker.
>>
>live in small-ish european town of ~80k people
>still have regular public transport all around town and rail links to travel anywhere in the country within walking distance
>all cheap as hell to use
feels good man
>>
>>62128750
Because cars and gas are cheaper, and they have better roads. And I'm not even American, I'm an Italianfag.
>>
>>62129978
PAY DENBTS MARIO
>>
>>62129357
>All of Europe is Western Europe
Meme harder. Feels good to have a functioning public transport system not literally torched by car companies AND not have rapefugees.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.