[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dangerous IT Work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1486374584774.jpg (170KB, 1280x1278px) Image search: [Google]
1486374584774.jpg
170KB, 1280x1278px
Anyone here ever do sysadmin/infosec contracts overseas? In Afghanistan, Kuwait, etc or Africa perhaps. You can make 90-150k for one year I'm told. Im about to graduate and may try to do it for a year or two. I really need to find a place that will get me secret clearance.
>>
What did you exactly study?
>>
>>62121742
> Afghanistan, Kuwait, etc or Africa
>90-150k
If you are worth your salt you already earn that in Europe or the US no need to touch those shit holes of humanity with a 10foot pole
>>
>>62121742
I already make this much in my homeland.
>>
>>62121742
>secret clearance
you won't have trouble getting that-provided you don't have felonies, they're handed out like candy. Understand the onus is on you to maintain it. in other words you don't need to travel to the asscrack of the world to get one.
jobwise, you're better off trying to get a stateside contract and shoehorn your way into a comfy position, making more or the same amount you asked about, like the RHEL sysadmins i would see on the ship.
>>
>>62121831
Nice. I'm confident I could pull a comfy job here in the states with my resume and I will probably get a job offer from my current part time employer when I do graduate but I was looking to go into the thick of it for a year. I live in LCOL area (southeast US) so that 100k would go super far and wipe out the 15k student loans and buy me a new car with ease.
>>62121765
Information Systems but I have put a good bit of focus on infosec.
>>
>>62121990
>Information Systems to become a sysadmin

Lel
>>
>>62122007
?
>>
>>62122042
You don't need a degree to become a sysadmin. Are you high?
>>
>>62122085
I understand that. But I would be fine with sysadmin being overseas to increase the job options. Here in the states I wouldn't think of it.
>>
>InfoSec
How deep in the rabbit hole?
>>
>>62122131
Why do you want to work as a sysadmin with a degree tho
>>
>>62121742
ex military contractors make 125+ in those countries with no education
>>
>>62122173
mostly blue team stuff. I'm on my colleges cybsec team and we placed pretty high last year at the National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition. no reverse engineering or anything mostly just network security. I think I may go back to school in a few years for an MBA and try to go into a more management type role. I enjoy creating policies and procedures for companies.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.