[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hard Drive Challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Sweat.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Sweat.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>Have old Wangblows laptop.
>Can't remember logon password.
>Need files on it, and to delete/re-write over those files after copying.
>No money for an HD docking station or anything like that to read the drive externally.
>Factory screws are so tight that even attempting to unscrew them makes them stripped, so can't remove HD anyway.

What do?
>>
>>62119558
the arch install iso is your friendo

also give it back jamal
>>
>>62119558
Boot from Linux via USB
Copy files you need from internal drive to usb or transfer via network
>>
>>62119585
Tower? I'm confused.

>>62119589
Arch is too complicated, even to install, I'm sure. You're talking to someone that can't even use command line, BTW. Also, maximum overkek at:
>give it back jamal

>>62119590
How does this work, in short? And what distro? Debian? How does one mount an .ISO installer to a USB? Yes, I'm that dumb.
>>
How new are you? Use any Linux LiveCD (or an old Windows bootdisk) to boot, connect a thumb drive or external HDD, copy files. It's really not that hard.
Sage'd, this is a really stupid fucking thread and you should've asked in the Stupid Questions Thread or better yet, done some research yourself.
>>
>>62119644
How2delete/rewrite files on the drive after? Or is DBAN the answer?
>>
>>62119630
Download Ubuntu LiveCD, burn the ISO onto a CD, change boot order in the BIOS to try the optical drive first, select the live cd option when promoted. You have a fully functioning OS you can use to copy files.
>>
>>62119630
you don't even need to install it. just use it to reset the password
>>
>>62119684
If it's very sensitive or incriminating data then destroy the drive. Otherwise a normal reformat using parted and mkfs
>>
>>62119630
>You're talking to someone that can't even use command line, BTW

friendly reminder that you're not in /v/
>>
File: 1477089385495.png (336KB, 1889x1889px) Image search: [Google]
1477089385495.png
336KB, 1889x1889px
>>62119694
>>62119746
Thank you, Anon and all other Anons that replied. I'm on it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.